Seravalli: St. Louis Blues are exploring a trade for Vladimir Tarasenko

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
SERAVALLI: Ice Breakers … Latest on Tarasenko, DeAngelo and Ekman-Larsson - Daily Faceoff

"The St. Louis Blues are exploring a trade for star winger Vladimir Tarasenko. While Tarasenko does hold the cards with a full no-trade clause, upon further vetting, it appears the player has alerted St. Louis to several teams he’d be willing to be dealt. A change of scenery is in order.

Tarasenko, 29, has two years remaining on his deal at $7.5 million per season. He has played just 34 games total over the last two seasons as a result of a recurring shoulder injury – but those issues has been corrected and he is healthy.

When at full-strength, Tarasenko demonstrated he is one of the most consistent scorers in the league, hitting the 30-goal mark in five straight seasons – with back-to-back 39 and 40-goal campaigns. He is fifth all-time in Blues franchise history in goals with 218 and collected 442 points over 531 games wearing the Note."

Reactions: CanuckCity

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
SERAVALLI: Ice Breakers … Latest on Tarasenko, DeAngelo and Ekman-Larsson - Daily Faceoff

"The St. Louis Blues are exploring a trade for star winger Vladimir Tarasenko. While Tarasenko does hold the cards with a full no-trade clause, upon further vetting, it appears the player has alerted St. Louis to several teams he’d be willing to be dealt. A change of scenery is in order.

Tarasenko, 29, has two years remaining on his deal at $7.5 million per season. He has played just 34 games total over the last two seasons as a result of a recurring shoulder injury – but those issues has been corrected and he is healthy.

When at full-strength, Tarasenko demonstrated he is one of the most consistent scorers in the league, hitting the 30-goal mark in five straight seasons – with back-to-back 39 and 40-goal campaigns. He is fifth all-time in Blues franchise history in goals with 218 and collected 442 points over 531 games wearing the Note."

I'm glad to hear he is considered healthy and his shoulder issues resolved. Unfortunately his shoulder will be used as a way to low ball a deal for tarasenko.

I would like edm 1st 2021 and samorukov

I think that's fair then sign Schwartz Hoffman and draft a rhd and forward in first round this year. Trade Dunn for a couple 2nds or lose to expansion. With kostin making team blues have a solid team.

Schwartz schenn kyrou
Hoffman orielly perron
Sandford Thomas kostin
Sundquist barbashev blais

Krugg parayko
Scandella Faulk
Samorukov mikola

Blues pick 16 and 19

Picking Corson ceulemans at 16 and
Picking Colton dach at 19

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah this move would make a lot of sense

Shoot first top 6 winger is our biggest need.

He'd get either Draisaitl or McDavid as his centre and would have an opportunity to put up huge numbers. Needs and circumstances align really well for the Oilers.

With a couple big seasons he could squeeze in another decent contract afterwards if he puts up big numbers, he's 29 right now.

Reactions: Pointteen

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Really going to come down to how many teams he'd accept a move to. If the list is limited, then return will be what it is. If it's a pretty decent list, then hopefully there are a couple GMs that believe he'll bounce back to 35+ goal production.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Shoot first top 6 winger is our biggest need.

He'd get either Draisaitl or McDavid as his centre and would have an opportunity to put up huge numbers. Needs and circumstances align really well for the Oilers.

Yeah giving Leon an elite trigger man and letting Connor dominate with lesser guys would be a great start for the Oilers moving into that next phase of competing.

Reactions: Pointteen

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Really going to come down to how many teams he'd accept a move to. If the list is limited, then return will be what it is. If it's a pretty decent list, then hopefully there are a couple GMs that believe he'll bounce back to 35+ goal production.
I would think that he would chose to play with McDavid. That can make any forwards numbers better.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Yeah giving Leon an elite trigger man and letting Connor dominate with lesser guys would be a great start for the Oilers moving into that next phase of competing.
As a neutral fan in this, I d be worried about the cap hit given the fact that EDM needs two top 4 Dmen, a goalie also. If they dump Neal and Koskinen, fully agreed about Tarasenko.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The Blues are going to want to get the fair value of a healthy Tarasenko. The acquiring team is going to want to pay as if he is damaged goods. It will be interesting to see where on that spectrum a deal falls if he does get moved. I wonder what the ask/offer would be from LA, a rumored destination. Kaliyev?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
My bad, seems a lot of people believe it's a duty of the other team to take on cap dumps as part of a transaction
No worries, misundrrstandings happen frequntly on this board !

as far as value goes, where do you see it ? I would see something like the Kessel package but with somebody else taking the dump. I believe cap will reduce Tarasenko s value, right ?

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Edmonton makes sense as a destination, but a lot of teams make sense as a destination for a 30+ goal scorer.
St. Louis isn't rebuilding. What hockey trade is there to be had between these two teams?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad