SSM Greyhounds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Besides McGroarty, is there any other players out there that could land in our lap?
Here is a link to my prospect tracker post.

Those are all the prospects we drafted, not sure who we still have rights to.

The NCAA prospects are:
McGroarty (04)
Muszelik (04)
West (04)
Lewinski (05)
Campbell (05)
Charron (07)

Reactions: HF92

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I may be wrong, but I think the last time the Soo had a 16 year old rookie scoring at a clip that Travis Hayes is scoring at was 10 years ago - Blake Speers.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
I may be mistaken.... buy didn't Boris Katchouk play on the same line as Taylor Raddish while on Team Canada. Couple weeks later, Boris returned to the Soo with Taylor. These 2 continue to play together in Tampa and now again in Chicago. Just imagine. I can hope.....right?

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
Looks good. Playing with lots of energy and speed. Just had a great forecheck and puck retrieval then made a pass to Beck who finished off the goal.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I may be mistaken.... buy didn't Boris Katchouk play on the same line as Taylor Raddish while on Team Canada. Couple weeks later, Boris returned to the Soo with Taylor. These 2 continue to play together in Tampa and now again in Chicago. Just imagine. I can hope.....right?

Yes lol I broke this on Twitter weeks before the WJC and obtained a photo of Taylor wearing a Hound jersey after they won gold haha it was shared on Sportsnet. Would be epic to have Owen come back to SSM.

IMG_1543.png

Is anyone watching the Team Canada game on TSN? How does Allard look with Beck?
I missed it.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
If Beck is the only legit top line forward being traded that's not an OA, and Peterborough says no deal without Martin, then I still probably pivot to an OA forward upgrade (Peer?) and keep our D as is.
Ya I just see no way that Martin is moved. Greyhounds especially have a alot more quality players that could potentially be moved (Brown, Kostov, Virgilio) that I think the Petes and other teams would be interested in. never know

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Ya I just see no way that Martin is moved. Greyhounds especially have a alot more quality players that could potentially be moved (Brown, Kostov, Virgilio) that I think the Petes and other teams would be interested in. never know
The way kostov has been playing, I'd want to keep him if I could. I'd include all picks needed, Brown, Evans and if we had to use virgilio, I'd begrudgingly do it. But I think kostov and virgilio are going to be very valuable down the road.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
If Martin was potentially our only returning centre next year, should that factor into who we move at the deadline? Or do we just cross that bridge next season?

next year shouldn't be a factor imo.

between sending out pieces for trades this year, and recouping assets by trading guys next year, we should be a basement dweller by the end of next year. and that's OK as long as they have plan for rebuilding.

Reactions: frontsfan67

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Owen Allard and Team Canada taking on team USA live on TSN now!

0 way Martin goes but outside of him, I don’t think there are any untouchables. I mean obviously we aren’t moving Gibson, but I don’t think any recent play would change things( Kostov Brown etc..) if a good offer was on the table to make us better today.

Reactions: Section5Petes

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Here are my thoughts on the deadline (for today anyway). Our current roster is 23. Our final roster should be 23 or even 24. That will give us the numbers to overcome injury which is inevitable.

We don't need a lot of pieces, but each piece added needs to be an impact player. I am thinking the over/under is 2 pieces added (a F and a D). That would mean 1 or 2 from the current roster moved out. If it's 2, maybe the second player moved out would be an OA to make room for an OA coming back.

I think that our young players are all exciting and will all be worth more down the road than their current valuations would return. Moving picks instead of players where possible should be the plan for management. Even if we empty our cupboard more than in the past, I think keeping our young players should put us in position to have a quick rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad