SSM Greyhounds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
With Poitras being sent to Team Canada, I wonder who will be the odd forward out?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Tougher for the Eastern Conference who may have been expecting an automatic berth too if Saginaw doesn't necessary make it all the way..

I’m not sure anyone would have considered Saginaw at less than 3:1 odds to win the west. If anything, the east might be quite a bit more optimistic of Saginaw’s chances at a championship now than pre-season.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Tougher for the Eastern Conference who may have been expecting an automatic berth too if Saginaw doesn't necessary make it all the way..
Eastern conference winner might skate to the finals like Hamilton did in 17/18. Not that they weren't a good team, cause they were, but they had a relatively easy path. Hounds had 2 or 3 seven game series and were exhausted by the finals.

I could see that happening again this year for the west champion.

Reactions: RB76 and Fischhaber

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Ridiculous trades, just for fun:

1. Gavin Hayes and Blake Smith for Matthew Virglio, Christopher Brown, Flint's own 2024 2nd, and a pair of 4th round picks.

Maybe the best young player available for the best veteran piece available (him or Beck). The value is something like 6 2nd round picks, at the very least. Smith can be an OA next year with Carlisle and Fantino.

2. Dom Divincentiis for Charlie Schenkel (stolen from a NB fan).

An interesting gamble. NB gets the extra year of Schenkel and we gamble that Dom D can regain his form from last year. Miller should start next year either way. I'm leaning towards keeping Charlie lately, but this is fun.

3. Oliver Peer for Jordan D'Intino, our 2024 2nd, and Tate Vader

Peer is the most Greyhounds player I can think of that isn't already on the team. I like D'Intino, but the fit is amazing.

Lineup:

G. Hayes-BMB-Peer
Beck-Allard-Mignosa
Clattenburg-Sirizzotti-Cloutier
Fantino-Martin-Kostov
T. Hayes

Kudryavtsev-Karki
Carlisle-Gibson
Evans-Smith
BMB Jr.

Divencentiis
Miller

Have some fun with your own trades. These are just the midnight remblings of a hockey fanatic.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Virgilio + SSM 2nd round 2024 + SSM 2nd round 2027 + Sag 3rd round 2023 + Kingston 3rd round 2026 + NB 4th round 2024 ( maybe some conditionals ) for Owen Beck

This leaves us with( in the four year window ):

flint 2nd 2024

0 3rds

6 4th round picks

Plus a few valuable players to move around.

This is all assuming that Raftis doesn’t move a guy for picks, or something.

Saginaw has a total of 3 more draft picks than than the Soo in the 4 year window. Soo has two 2024 2nds , which in my opinion are most valuable when it comes to bid wars.

IMG_1419.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Section5Petes

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
@Fischhaber
That's a pretty good attempt. I won't even try as I know I can't do better than that. But I will offer a few thoughts.

I like the additions you targeted. I think those could all be good additions to this team.

1. Gavin Hayes and Blake Smith for Matthew Virglio, Christopher Brown, Flint's own 2024 2nd, and a pair of 4th round picks.
I feel that Flint is going to want a little bit more back in this deal on the picks side of things. Flint's 2024 2nd has good value, but even with that pick I think they would probably get a couple 3rds in place of the 4ths. Also wondering about our centre depth for next season. We are a lot deeper down the RW, maybe a young RW is made available in place of Brown.

2. Dom Divincentiis for Charlie Schenkel (stolen from a NB fan).
This is an interesting one. Still not convinced that NB is selling, but if they do I don't think they want an '04 back in return. They already have some nice options for OAs next season and I feel like they already have their goalie tandem in place for next year.

3. Oliver Peer for Jordan D'Intino, our 2024 2nd, and Tate Vader
This would offer the hounds a nice upgrade on an OA spot. What makes me pause is throwing in Vader. Our centre depth is going to be heavily depleted as it is next year with Bryce graduating and Allard also looking to sign a pro contract. You have included Brown in another trade and now shipping out Vader would leave us with only Martin as returning down the middle. Thinking I would include a pick (4th?) in place of Vader here.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
there is also the other way of going about it as well.
trade bmb, kudraytsev, karki, beck,
for boatload of draft picks, and couple young pieces.
hounds will still make the playoffs , and take your chances.
i am convinced hounds do not have enough to beat saginaw, kitchener, or london.
even if they add a piece.

Reactions: RB76

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
there is also the other way of going about it as well.
trade bmb, kudraytsev, karki, beck,
for boatload of draft picks, and couple young pieces.
hounds will still make the playoffs , and take your chances.
i am convinced hounds do not have enough to beat saginaw, kitchener, or london.
even if they add a piece.

You’re convinced we can’t compete with teams we’ve beat? What

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Virgilio + SSM 2nd round 2024 + SSM 2nd round 2027 + Sag 3rd round 2023 + Kingston 3rd round 2026 + NB 4th round 2024 ( maybe some conditionals ) for Owen Beck

This leaves us with( in the four year window ):

flint 2nd 2024

0 3rds

6 4th round picks

Plus a few valuable players to move around.

This is all assuming that Raftis doesn’t move a guy for picks, or something.

Saginaw has a total of 3 more draft picks than than the Soo in the 4 year window. Soo has two 2024 2nds , which in my opinion are most valuable when it comes to bid wars.

View attachment 786295

For what it’s worth though, I think Beck will be in Sudbury

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
@HF92 I would edit that post. Attack the post not the poster
why attack anyone/anything?

@Fischhaber
That's a pretty good attempt. I won't even try as I know I can't do better than that. But I will offer a few thoughts.

I like the additions you targeted. I think those could all be good additions to this team.

I feel that Flint is going to want a little bit more back in this deal on the picks side of things. Flint's 2024 2nd has good value, but even with that pick I think they would probably get a couple 3rds in place of the 4ths. Also wondering about our centre depth for next season. We are a lot deeper down the RW, maybe a young RW is made available in place of Brown.

This is an interesting one. Still not convinced that NB is selling, but if they do I don't think they want an '04 back in return. They already have some nice options for OAs next season and I feel like they already have their goalie tandem in place for next year.

This would offer the hounds a nice upgrade on an OA spot. What makes me pause is throwing in Vader. Our centre depth is going to be heavily depleted as it is next year with Bryce graduating and Allard also looking to sign a pro contract. You have included Brown in another trade and now shipping out Vader would leave us with only Martin as returning down the middle. Thinking I would include a pick (4th?) in place of Vader here.
i think the soo covets hayes but flint is holding hard on a price that the soo wont touch

@Fischhaber

nb isnt selling, but if they did dom would net alot more then suggested, he is a wjc goalie. youd be looking at brown plus picks.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
why attack anyone/anything?

It's one of the most common logical fallacies.

Ad Hominem Logical Fallacy

(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument. The fallacious attack can also be direct to membership in a group or institution.

Last edited:
Reactions: nelli27

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It's one of the most common logical fallacies!

Ad Hominem Logical Fallacy

(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument. The fallacious attack can also be direct to membership in a group or institution.
its just a sign of immaturity or insecurity to not talk to someone and have a dialog vs attacking and trolling.

i dont get it, just have a conversation.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
i like the package deal with Flint. does peterborough have a d-man they could throw in with Beck?
smith will be moved i believe as well, but he is thought to be very expensive. a beck/smith combo is what i see with sudbury.

i dont see the soo getting both without giving up martin.

i think sudbury will end up moving villeneuve/taylor, walton, protz type of package for both.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
we won't be winning the arms races, i get that.

although if I'm beck i want nothing to do with sudbury. no offense to the fans who've endured some lean years, but if i'm chasing another cup i'd want to be on a more obvious contender. i assumed he'd end up in saggy. are they short on draft capital to make that move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad