SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Hounds’ engine sputtered from the get go. Struggled mightily on breakouts and chased it for 50 out of 60.

Not a great way to go out.

Good season, better than expected.

Reactions: rve24

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I predicted a 2nd round exit yet again. Was hoping they would prove me wrong but that was a bad effort tonight.
Until we do a proper full rebuild we won't get past the 2nd round

2nd round exit was my prediction as well they ended being better than I thought but didn't achieve a better result. I hope Kyle oversees a proper rebuild and we come back in 3 years with full cupboards and a juggernaut team.

Last edited:
Reactions: hounds99 and rve24

hounds99

Jan 19, 2024
Raftis old the farm for the same result we would have had prior trade deadline.

And Dean can't motivate enough. Time for some new blood to take over.

Oshawa and london black in conference finals again. Greyhounds management, will you please notice a system that works!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
hounds go out with a whimper.
Only saw game 7, but ya , didn't see much push thru this game with the season on the line. Outside a late 2nd period push and the last 3/4 min push your looking at 10/12 shots. Got doubled up n just couldn't generate much for whatever reason.
Again I only saw this game so not sure what the others wrre like.
Enjoyed the SSM games vs LK this year and know you'll be back

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Certainly looked like a team that felt the moment a bit tonight because for large stretches in this series u were the better team. Schenkel was fantastic. Shut down Bloom/Beck, too. Just never got it going offensively tonight.

Reactions: OHLfan200 and rve24

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
On the other side of the coin.. It’s kind of funny you’re making these comments, with the simple aspect of Saginaw’s “class” being questioned by many people on this forum this year.

sure there is some truth in your comments but all fan bases are littered with fans like that.. Nonetheless good luck in the next round..

hounds99

Jan 19, 2024
And this first round draft picks? We need to draft better....bmb should have dominated tonight. No consistency. Justin cloutier. Great ohl player. Definitely not 1st round and was pretty much shut down all series...

And oh chris brown. What a bust. I don't even know If this kids a 15th rounder. Having him on the penalty kill and the one who.gave the puck away for the opening saginaw goal. Just brutal player management from Dean.
Tate Vader should have taken his spot along time ago.

End of the day. No depth. No business being in the cup.chase.

In all honesty the league is pretty watered down since covid and if we played teams that were around in the 2018 run, this team would legit be crushed

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Raftis old the farm for the same result we would have had prior trade deadline.
In fairness it was a tough year to make a call to go all in or stand pat or even to sell. You knew Saginaw was going to load up as hosts, London looked strong since the New Year and of course you guys were right there. I think it was a go for it year but you knew one of the Big Three was not going to be happy. You were to good to sell, maybe standing pat was an option but how do the fans and players accept it? Tough call for sure, team played well maybe just a bit inconsistent?

Reactions: rangersblues

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
And this first round draft picks? We need to draft better....bmb should have dominated tonight. No consistency. Justin cloutier. Great ohl player. Definitely not 1st round and was pretty much shut down all series...

And oh chris brown. What a bust. I don't even know If this kids a 15th rounder. Having him on the penalty kill and the one who.gave the puck away for the opening saginaw goal. Just brutal player management from Dean.
Tate Vader should have taken his spot along time ago.

End of the day. No depth. No business being in the cup.chase.

In all honesty the league is pretty watered down since covid and if we played teams that were around in the 2018 run, this team would legit be crushed
Exactly, some of those guys from 2018 are in their mid 20’s now.

• Haha
Reactions: Living Vicariously

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
On the other side of the coin.. It’s kind of funny you’re making these comments, with the simple aspect of Saginaw’s “class” being questioned by many people on this forum this year.

sure there is some truth in your comments but all fan bases are littered with fans like that.. Nonetheless good luck in the next round..
Parehk is the dirtiest player in the league and a coward when someone wants to do something about it. I can’t wait until he catches his, karma will get him.

Saginaw sucks too, hate them as well, hope London Sweeps and they get swept in the memorial cup. Would be amazing.

There’s a handful of really crappy fan bases, yours just takes the cake as the worst.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Parehk is the dirtiest player in the league and a coward when someone wants to do something about it. I can’t wait until he catches his, karma will get him.

Saginaw sucks too, hate them as well, hope London Sweeps and they get swept in the memorial cup. Would be amazing.

There’s a handful of really crappy fan bases, yours just takes the cake as the worst.
Ah a knights fan? Thank you for your kind words. I apologize to the Saginaw fans who I rudely included in my previous comments regarding you. You’re just a great ball of sunshine! You’d think your team was the one who just got ousted..

Reactions: Lycanthrope

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017

Also, so nice of you to wait until the end of the series to deliver all of these kind words.. What a coincidence 😁

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
Ah a knights fan? Thank you for your kind words. I apologize to the Saginaw fans who I rudely included in my previous comments regarding you. You’re just a great ball of sunshine! You’d think your team was the one who just got ousted..
Nope not a Knights fan either.

My team is no longer here, but I really enjoy the league.

Also, so nice of you to wait until the end of the series to deliver all of these kind words.. What a coincidence 😁
Hard to get a word in here with all the crying and conspiracy theories being discussed.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersblues

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Posting history seems to be all over the place, but not in the Knights thread. Sorry... not one of ours

Reactions: OHLfan200

hounds99

Jan 19, 2024
Exactly, some of those guys from 2018 are in their mid 20’s now.
Like I said the league and the 2018 hounds team at same age funny guy is no comparison.

There were no rob thomas, Robertsons, frost.....etc....I could go on and on. The top 10 teams had lots of depth and character guys.

Like ive said before the model that dubas designed does make for exciting hockey but it lacks the grit for playoff hockey

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad