Spring 2016 Prospect Poll: #1

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect critera are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

Summer '15 Top 20
1. Jack Eichel, C (graduated)
2. Sam Reinhart, C (graduated)
3. Jake McCabe, D (graduated)
4. Hudson Fasching, RW
5. Nicholas Baptiste, RW
6. Justin Bailey, RW
7. William Carrier, LW
8. Brendan Guhle, D
9. Linus Ullmark, G
10. Cal Petersen, G
11. Vaclav Karabacek, RW
12. Chad Ruhwedel, D
13. Brycen Martin, D
14. Devante Stephens, D
15. Gustav Possler, LW
16. Anthony Florentino, D
(t)17. Connor Hurley, C
(t)17. Sean Malone, C
(t)17. Victor Olofsson, RW
20. Tim Schaller, C

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED
G: Jonas Johansson, Jason Kasdorf, Nathan Lieuwen, Andrey Makarov

D: Brady Austin, Will Borgen, Ivan Chukarov, Anthony Florentino, Devante Stephens

F: Christopher Brown, Eric Cornel, Dan Catenacci, Jerry D'Amigo, Jean Dupuy, Giorgio Estephan, Alex Guptill, Connor Hurley, Colin Jacobs, Justin Kea, Sean Malone, Jack Nevins, Victor Olofsson, Judd Peterson, Gustav Possler, Evan Rodrigues, Tim Schaller, Maxwell Willman

Last edited:

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
FYI, the Top 10 is composed of the top 10 eligible prospects from the summer polls. From last time, Eichel, McCabe and Reinhart all graduated and Leduc was traded. Guptill was acquired by trade. If I've omitted someone or included someone I shouldn't have, let me know.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I'm curious to see what your rationale is for Bailey over Fasching being a "quite easy" decision.

Because before the season they were on the same level as prospects, but Bailey has seperated himself by coming up and having some terrific showings in the NHL.

Last year it was Fasching, Baptiste, Bailey - in whatever order. This year, Bailey has shown he has the goods to be a pro, Fasching has had a very nice amateur season, and Baptiste has had some injuries and sort of got stuck behind the other two a bit. Advantage Bailey.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Because before the season they were on the same level as prospects, but Bailey has seperated himself by coming up and having some terrific showings in the NHL.

Last year it was Fasching, Baptiste, Bailey - in whatever order. This year, Bailey has shown he has the goods to be a pro, Fasching has had a very nice amateur season, and Baptiste has had some injuries and sort of got stuck behind the other two a bit. Advantage Bailey.

I have Bailey next, still have that car smell thing for Fasching. :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Fasching. Add Borgen.

Yikes. Add Borgen.

It's not "yikes." Three of our best NHL players are 19 (Jack), 20 (Sam), and 21 (Risto). And we're about to add another top-10 pick. I'd much rather have that situation than a supposed great prospect pool with questions about whether their amateur games are going to translate to the NHL.

kp2575

Ray's Pocket Square
Feb 11, 2015
PDX
Fasching. Add Borgen.

It's not "yikes." Three of our best NHL players are 19 (Jack), 20 (Sam), and 21 (Risto). And we're about to add another top-10 pick. I'd much rather have that situation than a supposed great prospect pool with questions about whether their amateur games are going to translate to the NHL.

I thought he meant yikes like we all missed on Borgen

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
this should be the most interesting run-through in a looooong time.

And although I am excited about Fasching, there's no way I feel good about making him a #1 Prospect.
+ Cornel

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

I'm assuming advantage Bailey until Fasching has a chance to prove himself on equal grounds, right?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Didn't you argue Baptiste over Fasching pretty hard the last few times through this?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I'm assuming advantage Bailey until Fasching has a chance to prove himself on equal grounds, right?

Yeah. They've been pretty equal up until now. Bailey is doing it at a higher level and looked great at the highest level. Quite honestly, I'm pretty shocked Fasching is dominating this poll. Most people had them pretty neck and neck last year.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Add Borgen for sure.

Picked Fasching, but a bit surprised to see this poll so one-sided. Would have thought Ullmark, Bailey, Guhle, and Petersen would have picked up more votes. I don't think this is quite that clear cut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad