Rumor: Sportsnet's John Shannon is saying Kadri deal to the Isles is getting finalized and should be done by this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
I think he has multiple contracts fir each player. Fir 1 yr and fir multiple years. They might not be technically signed yet so there is no violation of the rules.
I think that's exactly what's going on. Not so much with Kadri, as he's a UFA, but with the team's own RFAs, nothing is actually signed. Instead, there's one set of longer term agreements for more money if he can move a player, a second set of short term deals at lower AAVs if he has to kick the can down the road and only can open up money by sending a contract or two to the AHL. Islanders can open up as much as 2.25M more cap space by running with a 21-man roster and shuttling players up and down from Bridgeport. If along the way, someone wants to help us out by claiming, say, a Josh Bailey, that's all well and good.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
do-something-wake-up.gif

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I don't know that a cousin profile pic says much. I don't know which one it is, but I worked with a cousin of his in Calgary years ago. I'd imagine good chance they are a Flames fan anyway.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
God I hope it comes out that Lou’s slow playing of everything opened the door for another team to swoop in and steal him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad