Sportsnet's announcers chosen

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Anyone know if Miller or Cuthbert are calling any series for a US network?

Both are calling first round games for NBC. I believe Cuthbert usually calls round 2 games as well.

NBC doesn't dole out announcers per series, so they will be calling a mix of games

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
If everyone has issues with the commentary then they must be doing a good job.

I enjoy neutral broadcasts. Fans who are insecure and constantly need to be stroked by homer commentary can mute the TV feed and sync in tbe radio feed.

Problem solved. Lol.

I use the mute a lot when Hughson is doing our games.

It needs to be stated that just because someone doesn't like Hughson's Opposite of Homer method does not mean they need to be stroked or are insecure, matter of fact saying that is what someone needs is the exact same thing in terms of insecurity and stroking requirements.

Let's keep it simple. I will state that he is flat out the shiittzz at his job.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Both are calling first round games for NBC. I believe Cuthbert usually calls round 2 games as well.

NBC doesn't dole out announcers per series, so they will be calling a mix of games
I'll probably check NBC for either of those 2 for the Pens games,. sportsnet as a back up.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Wait, so Rogers is going to pump local feeds for the other 3 series? Because they don't like to carry NBC feeds with Cuthbert/Miller/Ferraro. Continue to ruin hockey broadcasting, Rogers.

Also, I'm terribly sorry Jets fans. Record season and you get this in the playoffs.

Reactions: La Masse

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Does this mean Cuthbert/Miller/Ferraro will be doing the Avs/Preds series on NBC?

f*** I hope that's the case. Nobody in the league is better then Cuthbert at calling playoff hockey.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Christ that WPG/MIN series has the worst combo of commentators. Sorry Jets fans.

I wish there was someway TSN could get back the rights, only benefit of Sportsnet is I can watch more hockey than ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad