Sportsnet's announcers chosen

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Agreed, might have to sync the radio to get the sweet soothing sounds of Dennis Beyak and Paul Edmonds over Sportsnet.

Also why the **** are the jets games not on CBC. The Canadian Broadcast Company not so much.........
Being talked about on another thread but it has absolutely nothing to do with CBC and everything to do with Rogers basically.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Choked no Bob Cole. He is getting old though unfortunately so maybe that's a reason why.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really, really hate Hughson and Simpson and am annoyed we can never escape them since the Leafs always get their #1 team.

But Romanuk is even worse...

I would take the Randorf team of that group. But they're all terrible compared to TSN.
Randorf is so underrated. He can definitely match TSN even if I prefer all of them in the latter. Gary Galley though is a train wreck. DeBrusk is solid, got nothing against him.

Not getting the Hughson/Simpson hate, would gladly take them over Emerick/Milbury/Eddie O. Luckily for USA fans, they're probably going to get Gord Miller and Cuthbert since the Senators are not in the playoffs. Until the World Championship starts where they'll send at least one over to Denmark I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Festinator

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I really like Hughson, but then again I grew up listening to him on Canucks broadcasts. Still think he's significantly better than the rest of the guys SNET employs. Cuthbert and Miller have been dearly missed since TSN lost NHL hockey. Miller will be doing games for NBC at least.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
We should play a drinking game.

Every time Hughson mentions the Vancouver Canucks in the Leafs/Bruins series, take a shot.

Not sure my liver can handle what's coming.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
We should play a drinking game.

Every time Hughson mentions the Vancouver Canucks in the Leafs/Bruins series, take a shot.

Not sure my liver can handle what's coming.
Lightweight. Can't handle like 1 or 2 shots over 2 weeks?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
You would think after spending 5 billion dollars Rogers would have splurged a little bit more then TSN's #4 or 5 play by play guy in Randorf and the guy that TSN just had stashed in Europe all year to call obscure European events and the Spengler Cup. It's actually kind of funny.

Romanuk wasn't stashed in Europe by TSN. He was living in London, England because his wife, who is, I believe, a marketing executive with Coca-Cola, was transferred there.

Reactions: Evil Little

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
It's a shame Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert, the two best PBP guys in Canada, are both with TSN so we don't get to hear them in the playoffs.

Also, is this it for Bob Cole? I love the guy but even I admit his time is up.
Anyone know if Miller or Cuthbert are calling any series for a US network?

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
If everyone has issues with the commentary then they must be doing a good job.

I enjoy neutral broadcasts. Fans who are insecure and constantly need to be stroked by homer commentary can mute the TV feed and sync in tbe radio feed.

Problem solved. Lol.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Good thing I can and will watch the US feeds. Screw Sportsnet. Unless it's an all Canadian match up and I don't have a choice it will always be the other feed for me.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
No more than we've heard in every other Leaf game broadcast by Hughson and Simpson (i.e., virtually every Saturday night).

Maybe I should have said a continuation of the irritation. Yet the fact that they have now retired does lend itself to the strong consideration we will hear a lot about them from Hughson in this seasons playoffs.

We need to get them off Maple Leaf broadcasts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad