News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No. Simply, what are the list of equivalent LHDs. Ignoring situations, GMs, team need, etc.

One step at a time. Besides, most GMs are still willing to go after Trouba with this.

List away. I'd love to see it. I'd put Lindholm at the top.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Hanifin for trouba
With a few add ins both ways to make it work

This is an intriguing angle I haven't seen looked at yet.

So, so far, the names I've seen listed (in no particular order):
Hanafin
Lindholm
Rielly
Murray
Maata
De Haan
Klefbom
Nurse (barf)
Hutton
McCabe
Theodore
Kylington

Some of these we'd have to add, and some they, and of course not all of these will fit with needs... but interesting.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Some thoughts after mulling this over.

If Trouba doesn't like Winnipeg/his usage/whatever, that's totally his right to do what he's doing.

... but it's also fully understandable that fans and teammates are pissed. I'm pissed. He's turning his back on the team. He's making the Jets worse. That sucks for all of us. Whatever perceived issues he has, he has prioritized that above his relationship to the Jets. If he valued his teammates, Winnipeg, or us fans (who are pretty great), something could have gotten done here. He doesn't - not enough to make a difference.

I get the argument that the Jets have treated him unfairly in the past. It's a reasonable argument. But I'm not swayed by it. If Stuart was the problem, well that problem would have been solved moving forward by playing with Buff. If ice-time was the problem, well he was getting a lot of it anyway, but he would be getting even more playing with Buff. If playing on the left side was the issue (as he stated), that seems like a pretty minor sacrifice to make, especially if it gets you on a pairing with Buff, if in fact you want to be part of the team. He obviously does not.

I'm glad Perreault said what he did.

Also, I had forgotten about that app thing that Trouba did. Honestly, that move strikes me as a guy full of himself. Or, at the very least, the recipient of some very bad advice from his agent or family, and lacking the character or intelligence to ignore it.

That app is really ****ing stupid.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

Hanafin
Lindholm
Rielly
Murray
Maata
Klefbom
Nurse (barf)
Hutton
McCabe
Theodore
Kylington

Some of these we'd have to add, and some they, and of course not all of these will fit with needs... but interesting.

I'd be happy with any of the top six personally, thought I'd want some small add with klefbom I think.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
No. Simply, what are the list of equivalent LHDs. Ignoring situations, GMs, team need, etc.

One step at a time. Besides, most GMs are still willing to go after Trouba with this.

Young LHDs similar to Trouba based on usage by their teams only (i.e. U25 and played top4 minutes >18min/game):

ANA Cam Fowler 24 - ehhhhh
ANA Hampus Lindholm 22 - why yes please
ARI Oliver Ekman-Larsson 24 - a man can dream
BOS Torey Krug 25 - hm
BUF Dimitri Kulikov 25 - nope
CAR Jaccob Slavin 22 - don't know much about him
EDM Oscar Klefbom 22 - :deadhorse
EDM Darnell Nurse 21 - does he belong in the NHL at this point?
NYI Calvin de Haan 25 - :/
PHI Shayne Gostisbehere 23 - Calder finalist, got there playing on the right side
PIT Brian Dumoulin 24 - cap hit 800k, Penguins' free cap space: a negative number
PIT Olli Maatta 21 - hm
TOR Morgan Rielly 22 - :deadhorse
TOR Jake Gardiner 25 - :deadhorse
VAN Ben Hutton 22 - ehhhhh
WSH Dmitri Orlov 25 - Washington Capspace

Every other defenseman
- is >25 years old;
- shoots right;
- played soft minutes last year;
- or is actually a prospect.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Hanafin
Lindholm
Rielly
Murray
Maata
Klefbom
Nurse (barf)
Hutton
McCabe
Theodore
Kylington

Obviously lindholm but Anaheim would still have to pay trouba so don't think it works. I like Hanifin, it's doable too.
Or you do hamonic and next summer trade for a lhd enstrom getting older morrissey should be full time tho, so trade some young assets for the big lhd.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Cam Fowler wouldn't be horrible. $4m/year for the next 2 years is a really nice contract. He has put up better numbers than Trouba in 5 of his 6 seasons in the NHL. Granted, I don't know any of his fancy stats, but I have always been a fan of his.

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
So what's the very short list of LHD young, good defenders worth Trouba?

If negotiations have gone sour in Anaheim, maybe you could poach Lindholm. GMBM has shown he values grit, maybe he'd prefer a more physical Trouba to the more offensive Lindholm? Other than him, I guess there'd be Klefbom, Murray, Sanheim (though he's more of a prospect) and Beaulieu off the top of my head.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Some thoughts after mulling this over.

If Trouba doesn't like Winnipeg/his usage/whatever, that's totally his right to do what he's doing.

... but it's also fully understandable that fans and teammates are pissed. I'm pissed. He's turning his back on the team. He's making the Jets worse. That sucks for all of us. Whatever perceived issues he has, he has prioritized that above his relationship to the Jets. If he valued his teammates, Winnipeg, or us fans (who are pretty great), something could have gotten done here. He doesn't - not enough to make a difference.

I get the argument that the Jets have treated him unfairly in the past. It's a reasonable argument. But I'm not swayed by it. If Stuart was the problem, well that problem would have been solved moving forward by playing with Buff. If ice-time was the problem, well he was getting a lot of it anyway, but he would be getting even more playing with Buff. If playing on the left side was the issue (as he stated), that seems like a pretty minor sacrifice to make, especially if it gets you on a pairing with Buff, if in fact you want to be part of the team. He obviously does not.

I'm glad Perreault said what he did.

I think this is where I stand too, especially with your second paragraph. Really appreciated the Perreault interview, and I thought the Stuart one was nice too. I feel bad for the guys in the room, and hope this doesn't affect them any more than it has to.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Beaulieus trash I think. Sanheims a massive unknown.

Murray or klefbom would be decent
I think their fancy numbers aren't as good as troubas but I guess that's the "I asked out" tax I guess

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Mathieu Perreault is not amused:

Mike McIntyre ‏@mikeoncrime 7m7 minutes ago

Just spoke to Mathieu Perreault about Jacob Trouba's trade request. He didn't exactly hold back with his thoughts. #breakingnews

Perreault: "This guy plays big minutes, 22 minutes, and he’s gonna complain some sort of way about his ice time?" #breakingnews

Perreault: "How much more does he want?" Said Trouba situation won't be a distraction in the room for the Jets. #breakingnews

Perreault on Trouba: "I think for his case, you know, it might be even worse not to come play." #breakingnews

Perreault on Trouba: "If we start the year and it goes well, then you know, it feels like we don’t even need you.†#breakingnews
tumblr_inline_o4q46lRB5G1reygjb_500.gif

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Cam Fowler wouldn't be horrible. $4m/year for the next 2 years is a really nice contract. He has put up better numbers than Trouba in 5 of his 6 seasons in the NHL. Granted, I don't know any of his fancy stats, but I have always been a fan of his.

Fancy stats are horrible and he's two years away from Ufa. Not a good option

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

A dream situation would be if we could work out a deal with Anaheim including Dano + and Fowler. We would replace Trouba directly, and Anaheim would gain cheap forward help and cap space to sign their RFAs. Also, Dano continues his journey around the league. Trouba, on the other hand... well, he can wait.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

It's difficult to find LD matches right now for Chevy but Fowler is probably one, Anaheim needs to ship someone out but they can't afford Trouba so for a trade with them need a 3rd team.

Anaheim, top6/top9 Lw,
Winnipeg, Fowler,
team 3, Trouba.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I'd want way more then Fowler. As others mentioned, piss poor SA metrics and 2 years from UFA. Garbage return for trouba.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Obviously lindholm but Anaheim would still have to pay trouba so don't think it works. I like Hanifin, it's doable too.
Or you do hamonic and next summer trade for a lhd enstrom getting older morrissey should be full time tho, so trade some young assets for the big lhd.

Something I was thinking about and that another Jets fan proposed on the main board but I can't remember who, how about Lindholm and Rakell for Trouba and Connor? Their issue doesn't seem to be not being able to pay Lindholm it's about not being able to pay both, Connor gives them a great cost controlled LW and leaves enough money to sign Trouba.

I think it'd be tough to swallow but I don't think it would be an awful deal. I could be wrong.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Nurse and klefbom?

I want no part of Nurse in a Trouba trade, luckily it seems that the Oilers management is delusional about what Nurse is so we probably don't have to worry about that. Would rather do Klefbom + lottery protected 1st

How would people feel about:

Jake Gardiner and Travis Dermott ?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Trouba + Petan for Lindholm?

Anaheim needs skilled top 6 wingers that are cheap, Trouba is likely going to cost less than Lindholm, and he probably wouldn't ask for as much if he's playing top 4 on a contender. Didn't Lindholm call GMBM cheap recently?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'd want way more then Fowler. As others mentioned, piss poor SA metrics and 2 years from UFA. Garbage return for trouba.

Out of that list Garret posted, who is good and who is bad?

We all know Nurse has struggled and isn't worth Trouba, but what about Theodore, Murray, etc etc.

How do their fancy stats compare to Trouba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad