News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This is an intriguing angle I haven't seen looked at yet.

So, so far, the names I've seen listed (in no particular order):
Hanafin
Lindholm
Rielly
Murray
Maata
De Haan
Klefbom
Nurse (barf)
Hutton
McCabe
Theodore
Kylington

Some of these we'd have to add, and some they, and of course not all of these will fit with needs... but interesting.

Werenski
Krug
McCabe
Slavin
Provorov
Sanheim

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I would be very disappointed if Chevy hasn't given the idea of trading a player who doesn't want to play for the Jets some serious thought. If he doesn't explore all options, including trading Trouba, he should probably step down.

and yet here we are 6 months later. and chevy saying he sees trouba in his long term plan for the jets

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Consensus (at least among CBJ fans here) seems to be that Murray is more realistic than Werenski.

Murray and Trouba are actually really comparable players stylistically. Murray and Trouba both play more of a shutdown role. Exactly the type of player Buff needs on the left side so he can play more of a rover role. I'd do a Murray for Trouba trade straight up. Can't see CBJ trading Murray without seeing how Werenski plays though. Murray being from Regina might be a plus for him sticking around here long term as well.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Something of note, if we trade for an expansion exempt D then we're able to protect 3D7F, keeping Dano, Armia, and another forward safe when we otherwise wouldn't be able to. If we trade for someone we have to protect you can almost consider it as us adding either Dano or Armia to it, as one of them will likely be grabbed.

Might be obvious and already mentioned, but I haven't seen it.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
and yet here we are 6 months later. and chevy saying he sees trouba in his long term plan for the jets

I'm pretty sure that statement was just as much BS as the one Trouba released about it being his playing top 4 on the right side as his reason for not signing... Gezzz people read in between the lines for goodness sakes

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Some thoughts after mulling this over.

If Trouba doesn't like Winnipeg/his usage/whatever, that's totally his right to do what he's doing.

... but it's also fully understandable that fans and teammates are pissed. I'm pissed. He's turning his back on the team. He's making the Jets worse. That sucks for all of us. Whatever perceived issues he has, he has prioritized that above his relationship to the Jets. If he valued his teammates, Winnipeg, or us fans (who are pretty great), something could have gotten done here. He doesn't - not enough to make a difference.

I get the argument that the Jets have treated him unfairly in the past. It's a reasonable argument. But I'm not swayed by it. If Stuart was the problem, well that problem would have been solved moving forward by playing with Buff. If ice-time was the problem, well he was getting a lot of it anyway, but he would be getting even more playing with Buff. If playing on the left side was the issue (as he stated), that seems like a pretty minor sacrifice to make, especially if it gets you on a pairing with Buff, if in fact you want to be part of the team. He obviously does not.

I'm glad Perreault said what he did.

Also, I had forgotten about that app thing that Trouba did. Honestly, that move strikes me as a guy full of himself. Or, at the very least, the recipient of some very bad advice from his agent or family, and lacking the character or intelligence to ignore it.

That app is really ****ing stupid.

Right on with your thoughts. Clearly a guy that does not value his teammates, the city, or is getting some incredibly bad advice. Even with the bad advice though, he's the one acting on it.

Doubt that a deal happens now. He'll miss a bunch of games (what does he care about the team anyway) eventually sign a bridge and be gone before that bridge is over. Good riddens is all I have to say right now; obviously no desire to make this work.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Something of note, if we trade for an expansion exempt D then we're able to protect 3D7F, keeping Dano, Armia, and another forward safe when we otherwise wouldn't be able to. If we trade for someone we have to protect you can almost consider it as us adding either Dano or Armia to it, as one of them will likely be grabbed.

Might be obvious and already mentioned, but I haven't seen it.

Great point. If you trade for an exempt D you can add Dano or Lowry or Armia to the trade value from the Jets perspective. That's not trivial.

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
I don't know about you guys but Werenski looks good in a Jets jersey

475790012-zachary-werenski-poses-for-a-headshot-at-the-gettyimages.jpg

(someone photoshop this my copy of Photoshop is expired :laugh:)

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I would like to know what terms Trouba turned down. Even $5 million X 6 Years would be difficult to turn down. You don't have to live here. You only have to spend about 100 days here a year. The rest of the time is travel. And you get almost 6 months holidays.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I would like to know what terms Trouba turned down. Even $5 million X 6 Years would be difficult to turn down. You don't have to live here. You only have to spend about 100 days here a year. The rest of the time is travel. And you get almost 6 months holidays.

Maybe he wants his mom close so she can clean up after him.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Any remaining leverage?

I don't understand if he is calling these gm's everyday looking to trade trouba how does saying i see him in our long term future in the press increase his leverage with the gm's. regardless 6 months, the draft,free agency his game plan is to force trouba to sign on dec1.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I don't understand if he is calling these gm's everyday looking to trade trouba how does saying i see him in our long term future increase his leverage with them. regardless 6 months, the draft,free agency his game plan is to force trouba to sign on dec1.

And if that fails, you claim that he hasn't entertained the idea to trade Trouba?

That's my point. If Chevy hasn't even thought about trading Trouba, he's not exploring all his options, and he should step down as a GM.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't understand if he is calling these gm's everyday looking to trade trouba how does saying i see him in our long term future increase his leverage with them. regardless 6 months, the draft,free agency his game plan is to force trouba to sign on dec1.

Well we do know that he waited it out with Kane. I think he hopes these guys change their minds.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I don't understand if he is calling these gm's everyday looking to trade trouba how does saying i see him in our long term future in the press increase his leverage with the gm's. regardless 6 months, the draft,free agency his game plan is to force trouba to sign on dec1.

Do you think that telling the world that he is really hyped up on unloading Trouba would increase his chance of getting a good return? What else could he say?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
And if that fails, you claim that he hasn't entertained the idea to trade Trouba?

That's my point. If Chevy hasn't even thought about trading Trouba, he's not exploring all his options, and he should step down as a GM.

Wasn't it reported earlier that every inquiry for Trouba has Chevy asking for a comparable age/talent LHD? Chevy's asking price remains high as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad