Sportsnet:NHL will come off $42.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBreed19

crossxcheck said:
If you're going by what tsn reported or any other media source, then you're blind. The media has been used during this process to pressure each side and to shape public opinion. TSN and sportsnet know no more about what is really happening than you and I do. We'll see who's right soon enough, though.
I'am not going by Tsn. I'am stating that it's over and all signs point in that direction.I don't need Tsn to tell me this. It is done like dinner and so NHL. :madfire:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Crows said:
You don't see how DROPPING LINKAGE AND MOVING THE CAP UP OVER 10 MILLION is making a concession? :lol :lol

Well we have linkage, which already would have a cap in it, or a luxury tax, which has no guarentee of a cap in it. Which is the bigger concession? Linkage was a joke from the start. That was simply coming into reality when they did that. it only took them 2 years.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
NewBreed19 said:
I'am not going by Tsn. I'am stating that it's over and all signs point in that direction.I don't need Tsn to tell me this. It is done like dinner and so NHL. :madfire:

Like I said, we'll see who's right soon enough. I'm more of a cup half full kind of guy.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Some of you sound like youre going to cry.. :cry:

grow up
its just hockey

NewBreed19

crossxcheck said:
Like I said, we'll see who's right soon enough. I'm more of a cup half full kind of guy.
I'm done with being optimistic! I hope that Bettmen& Goodenow pay for this lockout. I think that the game will suffer more damage if they both stay on. :help:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thunderstruck said:
Impasse is very much still an option.

No it's not. Not when both sides agree there will be a salary cap. If you're $6.5M apart, the NLRB will laugh them out of the country.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
go kim johnsson said:
this is stupid. bettman continues to show his incompetance.
You know my stance, and now I have become a moderate. If you can't see Goodenow's incompentence in this whole mess, you are blind.

I personally won't be happy unless they are both terminated. I will probably celebrate the day they are both gone.

Goodenow could have negotiated his deal in September. He could have not waited until the deadline to say "Drop linkage and we will start talking about the cap."

They are both ridiculous and poor negotiators. Any reasonable negotiator can get a deal done better than these two buffoons.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
The funny thing is the fans have been saying all this for months and months and months.. 45 million cap without linkage.. and aparantly that's the deal many players and owners would take.

Maybe they should have listened, then this mess would have been resolved much more cleanly and without so much damage to the sport.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
I lack grasp of reality? You're the one who supports the idiot Bettman. It's his fault we're in this mess. It's his fault we're going to cancel the season because he won't raise a cap not even $3M. The players give him a cap, give the players SOMETHING. Make a concession. Something he won't do. He is the worst commishioner, ever. Worse than Bud Selig.

Yes, it's Bettman's fault that PA decided they can live with a cap 3 days before the deadline after 8 months of saying they will NEVER accept a hard cap no matter how high.

WAKE UP DUDE!! Had they given Bettman that 52M hard cap even one week earlier there would be a season but NO, they made up their minds 3 DAYS before the deadline.

NHLPA carries the huge majority of the blame in this.

You're so full of blind hate that it's clouding your judgement big time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
slats432 said:
You know my stance, and now I have become a moderate. If you can't see Goodenow's incompentence in this whole mess, you are blind.

I personally won't be happy unless they are both terminated. I will probably celebrate the day they are both gone.

Goodenow could have negotiated his deal in September. He could have not waited until the deadline to say "Drop linkage and we will start talking about the cap."

They are both ridiculous and poor negotiators. Any reasonable negotiator can get a deal done better than these two buffoons.

I agree Goodenow is imcompetent as well. Look at all of my posts, I never said Goodenow is the good guy.

Bettman could have neogeotiated this deal in September when he could have said "what do you need to get off of a luxury tax?" They're both going to be gone. Maybe Bettman should have set a deadline 2 months ago and we wouldn't be worrying about this now.

And I celebrate the day both guys are gone, I think Goodenow is gone regardless of what happens.

Crows*

nyrmessier011 said:
Bettman DID NOT move the cap over 10 mil...he moved it 500k...old proposal was 32 floor -42 cap...he proposed 42.5 yesterday

Wrong. I'm not talking about the last 2 days.

The first cap offer the league made was 31 million dollars.

They have moved up 11.5 million sir.

PLUS TAKING LINKAGEOFF.

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
slats432 said:

Exactly, I love how they both pretended it was something new in the letters last night.
You're telling me that in the span of all the hours both sides have spent meeting with each other and with mediators that this did not come up once?

legardien91

Mar 9, 2004
Deerfield Beach, FL
slats432 said:

Completely agree. The whole situation is tough enough to deal with as it is, but when these two idiots bring their personal drama into the fray, it's a near impossibility... as we are seeing today.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pepper said:
Yes, it's Bettman's fault that PA decided they can live with a cap 3 days before the deadline after 8 months of saying they will NEVER accept a hard cap no matter how high.

WAKE UP DUDE!! Had they given Bettman that 52M hard cap even one week earlier there would be a season but NO, they made up their minds 3 DAYS before the deadline.

NHLPA carries the huge majority of the blame in this.

You're so full of blind hate that it's clouding your judgement big time.

If they're so close, why can't Bettman move the deadline back a couple hours or a couple days. He waited this long to do it. If he would have set a drop dead date in January, this would have happened much sooner.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
nyrmessier011 said:
Bettman DID NOT move the cap over 10 mil...he moved it 500k...old proposal was 32 floor -42 cap...he proposed 42.5 yesterday

Actually, it was 40Mil without the 2.2Mil in benefits. So, he actually did move the "per team" cap 2.5Mil. When you multiply that by 30, it is 75 Mil.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
slats432 said:

I totally agree, Like Barnaby said why did we blow 2/3 of the season away when we knew a cap was coming...Goodenow is GONE once the dust settles on this debacle.

SENSible1*

go kim johnsson said:
No it's not. Not when both sides agree there will be a salary cap. If you're $6.5M apart, the NLRB will laugh them out of the country.
Kim,

The FORMER HEAD OF THE NLRB disagrees, but I'm sure you know more about the process, right?

RinkOnEStreet

Jun 25, 2004
God damnit. It's over. Good job Gary and Bob, you waited till the last possible second and now we lose our season over a few million dollars. Good luck getting us back *******s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad