GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha, nice zing to this post! This is Bleed-esque.
Haha he learned from the best! He'll tell you I learned from him though.

I can't even bear to hate a team enough to want them relocated though. I'm not that vile haha.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
....And his career numbers vs. SJS:

Code:
San Jose Sharks 12 4 6 2 36 395 359 .909 3.13

....Not that stellar........... :eek:
This is how bad my eyes are getting.

I saw .909 and thought it was .989 and that these were Martin Jones numbers against us.

I think they're like a .950 against us though haha.

We did beat him 2-0 (maybe 3-0 with an empty netter, but I'm not sure we've scored an empty net goal in the last 3 years?) a couple years ago. Kinkaid got the shutout, while DSP scored one of the goals. I swear we only had like 13 shots or something too.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Any update on Zacha?

I really wish with about 5 games left we can get Wood, Zacha, and Mojo in the lineup at the same time.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
There are plenty of excuses we can come up with for last night... ultimately however it’s a crucial game and we didn’t show up again. I wouldn’t care if we just lost the game, but we didn’t even show up. This has happened to many times this year...

Camille the Eel

There are plenty of excuses we can come up with for last night... ultimately however it’s a crucial game and we didn’t show up again. I wouldn’t care if we just lost the game, but we didn’t even show up. This has happened to many times this year...
I think it was more like back to back game, on the road, deep into a road trip, and we had no legs in the first period. Against a deep, desperate and rested club. Then we got behind quick.

The big chance to get back in it was when Zajac couldn't finish on the 2 on 1 about six minutes after we fell behind. Then we're down 2 to zip on a tip in.

I don't think it was failing to show up.

And frankly, we're good but not that good. We are just about where we ought to be in the standings.

If only 92 points would get us in. That's doable and probably where we'll end up. But I fear that 94 or 95 points will be more what it takes. And we haven't had a 7 - 3 streak since the very start of the season I think. Realistically it's us or Florida.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
They’ll be playing in front of a lot of their future fans tomorrow, who root for Montreal since Quebec City doesn’t have a team right now. At least not until the worthless Panthers pack up their **** and move on up, to the east side, to a deluxe hockey market in the North American sky. The Northeast side, that is. It’s all set up for them, they can still stay in the same division and they can come visit Florida twice a year when they play in Tampa. And they won’t have to travel that far to Boston, Buffalo and their Canadian Division mates. And they don’t have to worry about the Rangers fans infiltrating their building anymore. They might still have to worry about the Habs fans doing it, but that’s just how it is.

Pretty low rent for a Devils fan to go after a team for relocation rumors (baseless by the way) and mock them for rangers fans being in their building when thats exactly what every other fans base does to us. Be better than that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty low rent for a Devils fan to go after a team for relocation rumors (baseless by the way) and mock them for rangers fans being in their building when thats exactly what every other fans base does to us. Be better than that.
How about not comparing a team that’s made the playoffs 5 times in 25 years to a team that won the Stanley Cup 3 times since that team first made the playoffs, just because we’re a small market team or whatever the rationale is. We’ve been to the finals as many times as that team has been to the playoffs. Think about that.

I’m not in support of them relocating like he is, but your reasoning isn’t good enough either. Because we’re small market? Because we were almost moved 23 years ago?

And the Rangers play 10 miles from us and 1000 miles from Sunrise, self explanatory why they invade our building. They also predate our team by like 50-something or 60 years? If you were alive in the early 70’s or before that and liked hockey in New Jersey, you were probably a Rangers fan.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m glad we lost 4-2 and not 2-1 in regulation.

It might make Hynes rethink that strategy of Zajac and Hall next game. If we lost 2-1, it might fool him into thinking we did a good job defensively. The fact that we got destroyed defensively and allowed 4 actual goals might be for the best.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Games against teams that apply the type of physicality and pressure the Ducks displayed are not something this team's system is designed to uphold against and we've struggled each of the 3 seasons under Hynes in such types of games, even worse to the previous two seasons when we didn't have the skill we do this year.

The system is largely designed around speed and being able to do things quicker (not talking about just skating here) than other teams, but when other teams are matching that coupled in with that high pressure and intensity, the team isn't too prepared system wise to react in such situations and why we constantly see us making mistakes or throwing the puck around aimlessly against teams that attack us like this.

Teams that succeed have situations in their system designed for these types of games. We haven't seen much to show us that this is the case.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Ducks were more physical, chippy, rested and on their game.

Hynes should started Cory, not that Kink was bad but you play both goalies in back to back.

My main concern from last night are injuries, especially to Wood.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Every fan base does that to us?
Uh, no

Reactions: Bleedred

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
How about not comparing a team that’s made the playoffs 5 times in 25 years to a team that won the Stanley Cup 3 times since that team first made the playoffs, just because we’re a small market team or whatever the rationale is. We’ve been to the finals as many times as that team has been to the playoffs. Think about that.

I’m not in support of them relocating like he is, but your reasoning isn’t good enough either. Because we’re small market? Because we were almost moved 23 years ago?

And the Rangers play 10 miles from us and 1000 miles from Sunrise, self explanatory why they invade our building. They also predate our team by like 50-something or 60 years? If you were alive in the early 70’s or before that and liked hockey in New Jersey, you were probably a Rangers fan.

The Panthers are not relocating, there is no evidence of that except speculation of people and fans who look at attendance numbers and see empty seats on TV and come on message boards and mock them by saying "Quebec!". Sound familiar?

If you don't think that the Devils and their fan base are UNFAIRLY targeted by trolls both in the region and nationally (and Canada) for being relocation targets and for having the Rangers take over their building because of what they see on TV and the perceptions they have, then I guess I don't know what to do for you.

But as someone who has been enraged and frustrated for a long time having to hear people talk about the Devils inability to sellout games, the Devils possibly moving, the Rangers fans taking over the Devils building etc over my many years as a Devils fan, I would not take those same cheap shots at another fan base.

Reactions: R8NJ and MartyOwns

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
disappointing game just because of the results around us. i think in a vacuum every one of us would have taken 3-1 to start this road trip but the fact that we aren't gaining any kind of cushion makes it hard to enjoy

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
I think it was more like back to back game, on the road, deep into a road trip, and we had no legs in the first period. Against a deep, desperate and rested club. Then we got behind quick.

The big chance to get back in it was when Zajac couldn't finish on the 2 on 1 about six minutes after we fell behind. Then we're down 2 to zip on a tip in.

I don't think it was failing to show up.

And frankly, we're good but not that good. We are just about where we ought to be in the standings.

If only 92 points would get us in. That's doable and probably where we'll end up. But I fear that 94 or 95 points will be more what it takes. And we haven't had a 7 - 3 streak since the very start of the season I think. Realistically it's us or Florida.

I agree In any other season we’d be basically a lock to make it at this point... too many teams close to each other. But they took more shots in the first then we did all game. Absolute no show and waste of an effort from kinkaid. Also I wouldn’t go anywhere near Cory Tuesday. Just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad