GDT: Spidey Says, "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack Mr. Ducksworth!" Devils @ Ducks, 9 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
yeah i don't make fun of teams for their issues or relocation rumors but there isn't really a comparison between the history and foothold within their respective markets between the devils and panthers.

I cant speak for anybody else but I wasn't making a comparison between the Devils and the Panthers and really only somebody very paranoid about the Devils would take it that way. Whether its justified or not - If you don't think people say this stuff about the Devils then you are not listening.

Simply put - taking shots at a team's attendance and making blind speculation about relocation has nothing to do with on-ice product, it sucks for the fans of the team to deal with esp during times of good hockey like the Panthers fans are dealing with right now. Devils fans like myself have been thru that kind of BS for many years. I can't count the amount of times I have heard, whether it be in person or on the internet or wherever ... "yeah but you can't even sellout a playoff game" or "thats great when your team is playing in quebec in 2 years" etc. So I think it's bush league for a Devils fan who has heard that themselves over the years to throw it around about somebody else.

Reactions: My3Sons

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I cant speak for anybody else but I wasn't making a comparison between the Devils and the Panthers and really only somebody very paranoid about the Devils would take it that way. Whether its justified or not - If you don't think people say this stuff about the Devils then you are not listening.

Simply put - taking shots at a team's attendance and making blind speculation about relocation has nothing to do with on-ice product, it sucks for the fans of the team to deal with esp during times of good hockey like the Panthers fans are dealing with right now. Devils fans like myself have been thru that kind of BS for many years. I can't count the amount of times I have heard, whether it be in person or on the internet or wherever ... "yeah but you can't even sellout a playoff game" or "thats great when your team is playing in quebec in 2 years" etc. So I think it's bush league for a Devils fan who has heard that themselves over the years to throw it around about somebody else.
it's absolutely bush league, and it's totally ironic that one of our fans would do it as well, but as stated a few posts before, it's totally not without merit. bad consistent performance + idiots running the show + low attendance = bad for the NHL business = maybe they should relocate

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

What does your post have to do with last nights game or even our next contest?

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

ok call me incredibly ignorant but i honestly don't see folks even on hf making a legitimate case for the devils to relocate, and if that were to happen anywhere on the internet it would be here.

also, any devils fan can shoot down those two jabs you quoted with ease, specifically because every playoff game in newark has been a sellout and there really haven't been any rumblings of the team seeking alternative markets since it was questionable that prudential center would ultimately be built, which was like 2005.

really, i agree with you that being a stupid fan making fun of other teams for potentially relocating isn't productive, but we should also agree that anyone making fun of the devils for not selling out playoff games or moving to quebec in two years is also a stupid fan.

stupidity propagates stupidity.

why are we even talking about this right now?

Reactions: Bleedred

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
ok call me incredibly ignorant but i honestly don't see folks even on hf making a legitimate case for the devils to relocate, and if that were to happen anywhere on the internet it would be here.

also, any devils fan can shoot down those two jabs you quoted with ease, specifically because every playoff game in newark has been a sellout and there really haven't been any rumblings of the team seeking alternative markets since it was questionable that prudential center would ultimately be built, which was like 2005.

really, i agree with you that being a stupid fan making fun of other teams for potentially relocating isn't productive, but we should also agree that anyone making fun of the devils for not selling out playoff games or moving to quebec in two years is also a stupid fan.

we're trying to relocate our conversation to a new thread, since the mods are going to shutdown this offtopic thread for low attendance of relevant comments :sarcasm:

Reactions: New Jersey

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018

OF COURSE ITS STUPID. And thats the whole point. Stupidity on this topic has been thrown at the Devils for years so Devils fans should know better than to throw it at others.

We shouldn't be talking about it. I was reacting to somebody who started randomly talking about how the Panthers are going to relocate and how Rangers fans take over their building which sounded way too familiar to me for comfort on HF boards. Silly.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
This was a game that I truthfully did not have high expectations about considering how much we've overachieved on this trip already. Winning 3 in a row against some of the tougher opponents in the West is tough enough, let alone trying to add the 4th on the backend of a back-to-back.

We have to make sure we continue to press. I think we'll benefit from the rest and play a much better game tomorrow in San Jose.

I think the results of last night are a bit overblown. The Ducks took advantage of their matchups and used their size, but I don't think that we're a team that has trouble being physical in our own right. The playoffs are always a different animal, so I don't see that being an issue if we get there. We've got some guys that have size and can be physical if need be.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
OF COURSE ITS STUPID. And thats the whole point. Stupidity on this topic has been thrown at the Devils for years so Devils fans should know better than to throw it at others.

We shouldn't be talking about it. I was reacting to somebody who started randomly talking about how the Panthers are going to relocate and how Rangers fans take over their building which sounded way too familiar to me for comfort on HF boards. Silly.

By the same token complaining about it and demanding holier than thou is being PC for the sake of being PC. And there ARE a lot of NY fans that frequently show up at Florida games, I don’t see how that’s a controversial dig. That’s like saying because Miles Wood did something suspension worthy that we can’t ever comment on anyone else doing the same or worse going by the glass house complaint.

And who’s ‘throwing it’ at anyone to begin with? It’s not like a ton of Panther fans are sifting through a random Devils PGT.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Yeah, we haven’t been a legitimate threat to be relocated since 1995. And once we got the new building, I think there hasn’t even been a fraction of a chance.

I think the Panthers lease ends sometime in the next decade, but they aren’t a threat to be moved in the next several years.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Yeah, we haven’t been a legitimate threat to be relocated since 1995. And once we got the new building, I think there hasn’t even been a fraction of a chance.

it also helps that prudential’s entire superstructure was built with a hockey rink in mind first and everything else second. you could totally renovate prudential like 30-40 years from now and the sightlines wouldn’t change and it would still be a premier venue for ice hockey.

we’ll be in newark forever, and that’s a great thing for both the city and state.

Reactions: Devils Dominion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad