Speculation: Speculation: Trade Rumours and Proposals Part VI, Armchair GM Edition ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2014
What about someone like Bickell, playoff performer and he's large 6'4. However he's over paid at 4m and is a LW'er and signed for couple more years.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I kinda already the gave reasons, as well as the deterrent(s).:laugh:
Last thing we need is another LW. We have no space for him this year, let alone for the next 2 years. If we we sell cap space by making a move for an overpaid player it will be one with no more than 1 more year left on their deal IMO and someone that will still be useful to this franchise.

So think RW or D

Aug 21, 2014
Daniel Briere? Right handed center, playoff performer. NMC though. 4m UFA after this year.

EDIT: Never mind Eric Brewer 6'3 LHD. 3.875m Modified NTC

Michael Rozsvval 6'2 RHD, Cup Winner. 2.2m Limited NTC

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Johnny, we have to stay the course. If we are going to make any trades, they are trades for young guys or players that are going to benefit us for the future.

Aug 21, 2014
Johnny, we have to stay the course. If we are going to make any trades, they are trades for young guys or players that are going to benefit us for the future.

Alright. I put them out as potential buy lows. There solid Veterans for a potential play off push.

Buying a pending UFA costs too much, The Avs aren't in need of cap relief.

I would have thought the Avs need cap space.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Just sign Penner if you really want a big body RW. Worst thing to happen is he gets Setoguchi'd and we continue to play our better rooks.

EDIT: Assuming Burke doesnt hate him anymore and he stayed in shape. Also much like us last season (selling Stempniak decently low), we could probably get someone like Chris Stewart fairly cheap. Really depends on the standings come the trade deadline but it is very possible at that point to see where we are, where other teams are, and who can be acquired for a low cost.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Alright. I put them out as potential buy lows. There solid Veterans for a potential play off push.

I would have thought the Avs need cap space.
Avs have 1.6 million to spend at the deadline but also have extra players on the roster (28 currently), so they aren't in cap trouble and aren't in a position to add guys for a push. With 9.5 million coming off the books in Briere, Wilson & Hejda this summer they are sitting pretty IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Then Chris Stewart is my suggestion. Stewart for Max Reinhart?
Why? Playoffs or not we are rebuilding. You don't move a prospect for a pending UFA, that is poor asset management. Especially for a player like Stewart who has questionable work ethic.

Aug 21, 2014
Then Chris Stewart is my suggestion. Stewart for Max Reinhart?

Stewart's an FA right? I wouldn't trade a prospect of Reinhart's caliber for Stewart.

Avs have 1.6 million to spend at the deadline but also have extra players on the roster (28 currently), so they aren't in cap trouble and aren't in a position to add guys for a push. With 9.5 million coming off the books in Briere, Wilson & Hejda this summer they are sitting pretty IMO.

Short term, there okay but yeah off season they're looking good.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Really don't see the urgency or need to give up any kind of assets for mediocre UFA's. The Flames are not cup contenders yet.

And Stewart's a slightly better Rene Bourque. His effort level, or rather lack thereof, wouldn't work here.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really don't see the urgency or need to give up any kind of assets for mediocre UFA's. The Flames are not cup contenders yet.

And Stewart's a slightly better Rene Bourque. His effort level, or rather lack thereof, wouldn't work here.
Agreed.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Why? Playoffs or not we are rebuilding. You don't move a prospect for a pending UFA, that is poor asset management. Especially for a player like Stewart who has questionable work ethic.

Well I stated in my previous post it would be a deadline deal and only if we are still contending and Buffalo is selling low because they are a lottery team. I understand your point and agree that Max is better for our future than Stewart... maybe. But, if we are making a push we should add someone who is a RW, capable of making a difference now, and can be bought very low. If Stewart even a little made a bounce back under Hartley's system it would be a huge steal, plus he is 27, he can be used for more than just one playoff push. Max is good and I like him alot, but as of now he is behind Monahan, Bennett, Backlund, Stajan, Colborne, Jooris, Granlund, Byron, and arguably Arnold, Jankowski and Knight. Max just is expendable at this point as we have plenty of bottom six centers in our system, and Buffalo should be aware Stewart does have it in him to be far superior than Max.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
I dont really want to make a trade, I would be just as happy to just keep our roster if our rookies are still killing it by the deadline. I am just trying to make a suggestion to GODreau that I wouldn't lose sleep over.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's such a shame. I really liked Chris Stewart when he was with the Avs. He always lit up the Flames and scored a lot of really gritty goals.

Aug 21, 2014
I dont really want to make a trade, I would be just as happy to just keep our roster if our rookies are still killing it by the deadline. I am just trying to make a suggestion to GODreau that I wouldn't lose sleep over.

Then your original, Idea of Penner sort of makes sense. In regards to cost. However there must be a reason why he wasn't signed by a NHL team. And traded from ANA when there doing well last season.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
The only trade the Flames should be looking at is to upgrade there D. Not an older D man but swaping one our young forwards for a young D man. Other then that you ride this season out. If we make playoffs great, if not it will still be a great season.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
the only trade the flames should be looking at is to upgrade there d. Not an older d man but swaping one our young forwards for a young d man. Other then that you ride this season out. If we make playoffs great, if not it will still be a great season.

q.f.f.t.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I wouldn't mind Nolan from the Kings. He'd make a much better 3/4th line scrapper than Bollig. He actually skates really well (for his role).

I think at this point we just ride the wave and see if any young/good RW/D become available... If not, Draft/FA after that.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I wouldn't mind Nolan from the Kings. He'd make a much better 3/4th line scrapper than Bollig. He actually skates really well (for his role).

I think at this point we just ride the wave and see if any young/good RW/D become available... If not, Draft/FA after that.

I agree.,

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
i agree with Treliving and just stick to the plan. Roll with what we got, any player moves are for the future, not a playoff push. We are currently playoff bound as is. Why make a change for the sake of making a change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad