Speculation: Speculation: Trade Rumours and Proposals Part VI, Armchair GM Edition ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know. But remember when Gio went down last year? Wideman stepped up big time. And I feel he will at some point. Takes the older guys a few games, weeks even to get into the rythem of an NHL game. He will be fine. This was a wake up call, tonight you will see a much improved player

I agree. The one thing to watch with Wideman is whether he's actually skating. If you think of the defencemen on our team who we all like and who are effective, it's all the guys who skate hard all over the ice. What's gotten Wideman into trouble is that he has seemed to become lazy, and is guilty of just standing with the puck inside the zone and looking to fire a pass to one of the forwards, who are all covered. He needs to use his skates to force the opposition to respect him.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I wonder if they'd do that, Hudler had some decent chemistry with Cammy. Then again, Cammy already looks like he has fit right in with Jagr and Zajac.

Aug 21, 2014
Well, I thought Hudler is a pretty good playmaker, plus he's Czech, Elias, Jagr, Zidlicky ect. I think we add something though, and probably then take a cap hit back.

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
Would New Jersey Trade Adam Larsson for something around Hudler?

Why would we trade our team's lone top six forward for a guy who hasn't really progressed past his rookie season, is a cream puff (didn't raise his fists when he got pasted by Subban) and has a lot of the same perceived attitude issues that people talked about in the Baertschi thread?

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
What attitude issues does Sven have?

Before people realized that article was a tabloid piece with a lot of spin, lots of people were saying Sven should "Suck it up, stop sulking and prove it on the ice". Which I do believe was a fair sentiment.

Larsson is a guy who you could say the exact same things about, in fact during the Devils broadcast tonight, Kenny Danyeko did some REAL TALK about how young D-Men need to learn mental toughness and be able to handle playing a highly scrutinized position.

Aug 21, 2014
Because outside Brodie, we have nobody that has the potential to be a top pairing defensemen. And Larsson is being moved down the depth chart purely because of depth.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Before people realized that article was a tabloid piece with a lot of spin, lots of people were saying Sven should "Suck it up, stop sulking and prove it on the ice". Which I do believe was a fair sentiment.

Larsson is a guy who you could say the exact same things about, in fact during the Devils broadcast tonight, Kenny Danyeko did some REAL TALK about how young D-Men need to learn mental toughness and be able to handle playing a highly scrutinized position.

Wat.

Aug 3, 2010
For the price that our fanbase estimates Larsson's value to be (Baertschi+) I'd rather just go after Myers again with that kind of package and sub out the first.

Baertschi + Wotherspoon OR M.Reinhart + 2nd round 2015

for

Myers

Just purely talking about speculated asking prices and relative value, I feel that Myers is the more complete and unarguably more experienced player than Larsson.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'd hate to send Sven and Wotherspoon in a package. Reinhart and a 2nd I'd do in a second but I doubt Buffalo takes that.

Aug 21, 2014
According to Friedman, Buffalo asked from Detroit Anthony Mantha, for Myers... I guess it doesn't hurt to ask...

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
Because outside Brodie, we have nobody that has the potential to be a top pairing defensemen. And Larsson is being moved down the depth chart purely because of depth.

Larsson doesn't have top pairing potential. If he did, he would be getting ice time over Eric Gelinas. It's a BAD sign when a 4th overall is pushed down the depth chart by mid round picks. No slight to Severson, that dude is amazing. Would Larsson be a better D-prospect than anyone the Flames have? Yeah, but he's not someone to sell our team's best veteran forward for

That Swiss article from a week ago, that quoted his dad? Before Sven's comments on it, there was a lot of "man up Sven, you got outplayed" comments. Which isn't really a bad thing to feel, as a sense of entitlement isn't a great personality trait.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
That Swiss article from a week ago, that quoted his dad? Before Sven's comments on it, there was a lot of "man up Sven, you got outplayed" comments. Which isn't really a bad thing to feel, as a sense of entitlement isn't a great personality trait.

and then it was clarified that Sven never went and whined to his dad or agent and instead focused on what he needed to do to get back to Calgary; which is why you only saw that criticism before Sven's response...

The odd thing is you acknowledge that in your post but then still go at him for it, thus "wat?"

Aug 21, 2014
Larsson doesn't have top pairing potential. If he did, he would be getting ice time over Eric Gelinas. It's a BAD sign when a 4th overall is pushed down the depth chart by mid round picks. No slight to Severson, that dude is amazing. Would Larsson be a better D-prospect than anyone the Flames have? Yeah, but he's not someone to sell our team's best veteran forward for

what causes you to think a 21 year defencemen that played the most minutes on his team in his rookie season doesn't have top pairing potential?

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I honestly think we have to move on Larsson. He's a 21 year old NHL defenceman with top pairing potential, RH and on the block. WHen was the last time that happened. I'd give Sven or Granlund and a 2nd.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I watch Larsson a LOT. Larsson is in the same type of position as Baertschi but it's exacerbated by the fact that NJ has 4-5 quite good D prospects. Larsson in most other organizations is an NHL regular. NJ has a cluster**** on the backend that they have refused to rectify since 2012. They should be moving a couple of those guys in order to bring in some young forwards but so far they have failed to do so.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Yeah I agree with the above posters, if we have a chance to go out and get a top prospect at defense then we should take it.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Why would we trade our team's lone top six forward for a guy who hasn't really progressed past his rookie season, is a cream puff (didn't raise his fists when he got pasted by Subban) and has a lot of the same perceived attitude issues that people talked about in the Baertschi thread?

Because guys like Hudler are picked up in UFA by spending money, the Flames are a long way from contending, and a pretty high end d-propsect would do more for this team long term than Hudler.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Because guys like Hudler are picked up in UFA by spending money, the Flames are a long way from contending, and a pretty high end d-propsect would do more for this team long term than Hudler.

Not really. We need Monahan dishing the puck to guys like hudler. Or vice versa. Or JG. Or skilled prospects need skilled vets to help develop off of. Like Brodie has in Gio.

I'm not saying we don't need a d prospect.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Not really. We need Monahan dishing the puck to guys like hudler. Or vice versa. Or JG. Or skilled prospects need skilled vets to help develop off of. Like Brodie has in Gio.

I'm not saying we don't need a d prospect.

I disagree. The Flames could definitely use a high end defensive prospect/player like Larsson on this team.

Love Hudler and what he brings to the team, but acquiring a young player who could be an asset to the Flames for both now and the future definitely is worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad