Soo Greyhounds 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Hats off to your Greyhounds. What a great series of hockey. Raaymakers was named 2nd star and got quite the ovation from the crowd.

He showed he is one hell of a goalie in this series. Was a treat to watch him and mcniven go head to head. He should hold his head high cause without him the greyhounds would have been out of this game early. Well done raaymakers.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
He showed he is one hell of a goalie in this series. Was a treat to watch him and mcniven go head to head. He should hold his head high cause without him the greyhounds would have been out of this game early. Well done raaymakers.

Raaymakers had never WOW'ed me before. I sat like 40 feet from the net during warm-ups before game 2 vs Flint. I watched 4 straight Greyhounds zip wristers past him and him get noticeably frustrated. The rest of his warm-up wasn't great either. Now, I don't think the Firebirds tested him much but he was super solid and he obviously has turned the corner with his performance this playoffs and has to be considered one of the top tenders going into next season after his performances vs OS.

Bearbythebay

Mar 30, 2016
So much respect for your goalie. Hands down best Soo player in the series. Class act and a real treat to watch.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Well played series Hounds fans should hold heads high in this series and for the future best of luck in the 2017/18 and looking forward to restarting our rivalry next season

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Great series by Raaymakers indeed. It's a shame that he got outplayed by McNiven, but we knew going in that he was Owen Sound's MVP and the best in the business. The Hounds played winning hockey against a top 5 team and that's all I could ask for. Looking forward to next season.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Bent over and took it up the ass, no fight at all. Not going to miss Bourraman next season, he's a turnover machine haha

I noticed that as well. I saw all the complaints from Soo fans in the Flint series about him so I waited and watched for myself. Any time any one put any pressure on him he would turn it over. He's got decent size so its confusing.

Raaymakers played a hell of a series. I really liked Kathouk and Kopacka as well. Both solid young men. I cooked for the boys this week. I'm one of the cooks at the BW in OS and it was a pleasure serving them and any fans that made the trip.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I noticed that as well. I saw all the complaints from Soo fans in the Flint series about him so I waited and watched for myself. Any time any one put any pressure on him he would turn it over. He's got decent size so its confusing.

Raaymakers played a hell of a series. I really liked Kathouk and Kopacka as well. Both solid young men. I cooked for the boys this week. I'm one of the cooks at the BW in OS and it was a pleasure serving them and any fans that made the trip.
the inn on the Bay?....i was the designer and project manager for the addition to it about 15 yrs ago!!

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
the inn on the Bay?....i was the designer and project manager for the addition to it about 15 yrs ago!!

Yup! Wifes up in OS On work contract till September. So I got hired there.

Its a great hotel. Great area. Hope any soo fans who did make the trip plan on coming back to OS! It is pretty during certain times of the year.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Bent over and took it up the ass, no fight at all. Not going to miss Bourraman next season, he's a turnover machine haha

I didn't get to watch the game tonight.....big family Easter dinner, but i did catch the final minute or so....was Senshyn even on the ice after they pulled the goalie with the faceoff in OS' end with 28 seconds left?

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Well thats a wrap on the 2016-17 season. Dissapointed with how it ended considering after game 2 I was confident in how we played and we were up 2-0. Didn't expect to lose 4 straight but Owen sound battled back and is a heck of a team. They are for sure my pick to win it all, including the memorial cup. McNiven was a brick wall and Raymaakers was great as well but Owen sound capitalized on their chances in the last 4 games.

As for next year its too early to speculate but I see good things. Macyntire, Speer's and senyshen are moving on for sure. But we have a good corp of returnees with Katchouk, Kopacka, Gettinger, Frost and Verbeek up front and Carrol and timmins on defence. Hayton keeps improving, he impressed the heck out of me in the playoffs especially game 2 of this series. I expect Gritz to take on a bigger role and demeo to improve also. I have hopes for Fowler as well. Won't miss Bouramann and his turnovers. All in all hope I expect success next season but again its too early to tell.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
I didn't get to watch the game tonight.....big family Easter dinner, but i did catch the final minute or so....was Senshyn even on the ice after they pulled the goalie with the faceoff in OS' end with 28 seconds left?

Senyshen had a lousy playoffs. Not sure what happened. Perhaps dreaming of Boston?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Senyshen had a lousy playoffs. Not sure what happened. Perhaps dreaming of Boston?

It's exactly what i predicted could happen...especially with Senyshyn! Playing like he couldn't wait to get out of town and to Boston, but guess what? Playing like crap like that ISN'T going to get you rewarded with a trip to the SHOW...especially during playoffs! He's in for a big surprise i think.

Yes he scored 45 back to back seasons...in junior, but he's a one-trick pony with the streak down the right side or nothing! He'll end up in the AHL or Europe. His body language was for s**t whenever he played!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad