Soo Greyhounds 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
LOL some teams like London or Windsor are up to page 6 or more by now! Guess we don't have nearly as many blowhards? ;)

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Hounds win tonight while Flint loses much more than just the game, but certainly alot of respect from Hounds fans with some of their players less than professional behaviour

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Hounds win tonight while Flint loses much more than just the game, but certainly alot of respect from Hounds fans with some of their players less than professional behaviour

In fairness, it was really only Kole Sherwood. Everyone already knows that he's a wreckless scum bag that doesn't belong in this league. The dangerous play tonight, the recent cowardly hit from behind that injured Mitchell Stephens, and the attack from behind on Colton White after the game had finished are just part of a style of play that will end with a Ben Fanelli situation if Branch doesn't get rid of him.

I didn't see anything from the other players. I thought they played hard and with some grit, just good hockey.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
In fairness, it was really only Kole Sherwood. Everyone already knows that he's a wreckless scum bag that doesn't belong in this league. The dangerous play tonight, the recent cowardly hit from behind that injured Mitchell Stephens, and the attack from behind on Colton White after the game had finished are just part of a style of play that will end with a Ben Fanelli situation if Branch doesn't get rid of him.

I didn't see anything from the other players. I thought they played hard and with some grit, just good hockey.

? Kole pull something after the whistle again? The Soo feed isn't the most high tech, so watching on OHLive, I don't see everything.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
? Kole pull something after the whistle again? The Soo feed isn't the most high tech, so watching on OHLive, I don't see everything.

In the first period behind the Hounds net, he skated alongside Colton White and caught him with a basketball style elbow under the chin. I don't think White even knew he was there from his reaction. The boarding penalty isn't my favourite type of play either (the type that leads to broken necks and concussions), but at least it's within the flow of the game. I'd just prefer that he confronts players directly if he wants a piece of them.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Sherwoods a rat. His hates are often late and frequently far removed from the play.

I don't understand how a hit I've seen suspended a dozen times suddenly got a pass. Is the league going easy on flint for competitiveness sake?

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
I love playing Kole Sherwood because he takes penalties so much its actually beneficial he plays hahahah.

Keep it coming Kole, You're a beauty for sure.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
The team was flat, lost almost every battle all night, and Villalta was exposed as the rookie he is. Outcoached, outhustled, outgoaltended. GOOD NIGHT!

Uncle B

Dec 28, 2015
Sherwoods a rat. His hates are often late and frequently far removed from the play.

I don't understand how a hit I've seen suspended a dozen times suddenly got a pass. Is the league going easy on flint for competitiveness sake?

David Branch has no choice but to play Flint favourite. He basically hand picked the coach and GM there. Maybe he needs to follow the same protocol as when Sudbury gets disciplined.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
David Branch has no choice but to play Flint favourite. He basically hand picked the coach and GM there. Maybe he needs to follow the same protocol as when Sudbury gets disciplined.

Don't be so sure that he is Flint fans favorite.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
Can we give up this David Branch ****.... I'm sick of hearing it from our fans, used as an excuse every time our team plays like crap. We played like CRAP. ROOKIE NERVE got the best of the goalie, floater passes, players skating around, no backcheck. Flint was the better team last night. HANDS down. Why would Branch want Flint to continue...just to be DOMINATED in round 2..doesnt even make sense? Make the hockey interesting and fix it so the top 4 teams continue makes more sense.....my god :shakehead

In other news, Ryan Moore received a game misconduct at 18:41. Its believed he used derogatory words towards a Hound player.. in the racial/sexuality bracket. I think he will see some games. OHL doesn't take it lightly and a ref/linesman heard.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Can we give up this David Branch ****.... I'm sick of hearing it from our fans, used as an excuse every time our team plays like crap. We played like CRAP. ROOKIE NERVE got the best of the goalie, floater passes, players skating around, no backcheck. Flint was the better team last night. HANDS down. Why would Branch want Flint to continue...just to be DOMINATED in round 2..doesnt even make sense? Make the hockey interesting and fix it so the top 4 teams continue makes more sense.....my god :shakehead

In other news, Ryan Moore received a game misconduct at 18:41. Its believed he used derogatory words towards a Hound player.. in the racial/sexuality bracket. I think he will see some games. OHL doesn't take it lightly and a ref/linesman heard.
I think you can buy the suspensions back in playoffs

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
I think you can buy the suspensions back in playoffs

Not all suspendable offences fall into the buy-back option. Using any kind of slur is REALLY frowned on by the league and usually involves a pretty hefty suspension....I doubt it falls into the buy-back option.

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
I'm trying to figure out how Katchouk got 3rd star!! He was brutal, especially in the second in our own end when he would just stand there looking at a loose puck in the slot and basically politely say to a Flint player "Why don't you take this? You should get a good scoring chance."...more than once.

Nobody had a good game but he and Speers and Senyshyn stood out for me as being unwilling to play good hockey.

Uncle B

Dec 28, 2015

Actually my comment had nothing to do with the game last night. More or less about how the league is being run. If you want to eliminate fighting, then put the kids in full cages. Too many careless plays with sticks, someone is going to lose an eye.

All the garbage blindside hits, hits from behind, head on collisions. Should be automatic suspensions.

I saw 4 incidents last night where 5 and a game should have been handed out. Including 2 to Soo players.

Uncle B

Dec 28, 2015
That Kole Sherwood blindside hit on Mitchell Stephens (they claim it wasn't blindside), but it was malicious and unnecessary at that point of the game. He should have been suspended for that.

Uncle B

Dec 28, 2015
Intent to injure. No fighting, you get garbage aggressive plays with no attempt for self defence. You going to take the fighting out, you better start coming down hard on the stupid hits to police the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad