Soo Greyhounds 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Why can you team not win more at home they you lose . But have above 500 record on the road including this series. I am hoping you can pull the upset on Tuesday. Go Hounds Go.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
SSM just needs to convert on their dang PP. They had 2 chances to make a 1-0 lead a 2 goal or even 3 goal lead. 6 on 35 chances won't get it done especially when Sarnia has 10 on 26 for their PP.

Even strength you guys actually have a 12-10 goal advantage in series. But this series is coming down to powerplay goals and SSM has gotten more chances all series, just need to win that advantage on scoreboard in game 7 and you'll win. Good luck

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Well dunno what to say about that game, we came out flying, held a 16-4 shots advantage, and up 1-0 then it all fell apart. We played 15 good minutes then Sarnia took over. Felt bad for Halvy in the third, obviously upset that the defence let him down which i thought they did. Another lousy night on the PP, could have been up 2 or 3-0 after the first. Then sarnia took it to us and thats the result.

It all comes down to game 7 now but i think thats the last we have seen of the hounds this year, all the momentum is with sarnia, cant see them losing game 7 at home, but we have been road warriors, and i didnt expect the hounds to be in a game 7 position at the start of the series so i hope they prove me wrong

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Hawel has played on the fourth line all series and tonight gets promoted to first line duty, didn't understand that move at all, I know McIntyre was out of the line up but katchouk who was there best player tonight plays on the third line and Hawel on the first. The game the hounds won in overtime senyshen played with guertler and speers in the third and the 2 overtime periods and they were effective, why not play your horses in a must win game 6 at home when you have last change. Katchouk,gettinger,and verbeek,should have been the 2nd line with speers,guertler, and senyshen the first line.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Sigh....just tired of seeing Sensyhn NEVER try outside of a breakaway now and then...same inside out move. He'll never play for the Bruins playing THIS way!!! One D man on every pair is good for S**T. Howowell is so small he's a liability out there, Mercier is....well Merceir, basically a sheet of white paper with nothing on it...blah! Do i even have to mention Bouramann????

Gettinger....playing hurt possibly....but even during the season...almost invisible...too thin and soft on the puck...no killer instinct. Trying to break the trap is killing them....they're not big enough for dump and chase so puck possession...or lack thereof is like beating their heads against a wall...they can't figure it out and they're going to give themselves brain damage. Better luck next year i guess?

gotodnet

Dec 12, 2014
Hawel has played on the fourth line all series and tonight gets promoted to first line duty, didn't understand that move at all, I know McIntyre was out of the line up but katchouk who was there best player tonight plays on the third line and Hawel on the first. The game the hounds won in overtime senyshen played with guertler and speers in the third and the 2 overtime periods and they were effective, why not play your horses in a must win game 6 at home when you have last change. Katchouk,gettinger,and verbeek,should have been the 2nd line with speers,guertler, and senyshen the first line.

agree, coaching decisions are questionable. Not sure why he was there as could try a few different options before him. Also it sure seems like most of our guys try skating the puck WAY to much instead of creating passing lanes and plays, i can only remember a hand full of give and goes or tic tac toe plays, while other teams that are succesfull are very unselfish and move the puck so beautfully.

Last edited:

gotodnet

Dec 12, 2014
Sigh....just tired of seeing Sensyhn NEVER try outside of a breakaway now and then...same inside out move. He'll never play for the Bruins playing THIS way!!! One D man on every pair is good for S**T. Howowell is so small he's a liability out there, Mercier is....well Merceir, basically a sheet of white paper with nothing on it...blah! Do i even have to mention Bouramann????

Gettinger....playing hurt possibly....but even during the season...almost invisible...too thin and soft on the puck...no killer instinct. Trying to break the trap is killing them....they're not big enough for dump and chase so puck possession...or lack thereof is like beating their heads against a wall...they can't figure it out and they're going to give themselves brain damage. Better luck next year i guess?

Ya you are so right about or D. I think I have brain damage after wathching the same mistakes and not being corrected all year long too.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Brass is going to have to take a hard look at the D, and make some tough decisions.

I, and many others I assume, can see issues that aren't likely to be resolved by another off-season or more experience.

Too many times, when the puck is in our end, it reminds me of comedic scenes where a grenade is tossed into a trench and one soldier picks it up, bobbles it nervously, then tosses it to the soldier standing right next to him.

Remains to be seen how much of the struggle is personnel and how much of it rests at the feet of the coach. I will say that right now the corps does not bear the look of one coached by a former NHL D man.

Even if McCann and Bunting were back, the issue of poor puck movement out of the zone would be dogging the O.

Think that first-round pick should be a D-man. Likely have to acquire a defenseman who can QB the power play and preferably one who can shoot.

A colleague says he suspects Senyshyn is bothered by some kind of injury. Could be...

Can still win the series, even with the glaring issues.

Have to skate, have good spacing, and display some authority when head-manning the puck.

Shooting the puck without hesitation might pay off, too. Forwards should know by now that waiting isn't working.

Go Hounds!

Last edited:

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Brass is going to have to take a hard look at the D, and make some tough decisions.

I, many others I assume, can see issues that aren't likely to be resolved by another off-season or more experience.

Too many times, when the puck is in our end, it reminds me of comedic scenes where a grenade is tossed into a trench and one soldier picks it up, bobbles it nervously, then tosses it to the soldier standing right next to him.

Remains to be seen how much of the struggle is personnel and how much of it rests at the feet of the coach. I will say the corps does not bear the look of one coached by a former pro D man, right now.

Even if McCann and Bunting were back, the issue of poor puck movement out of the zone would be dogging the O.

Think that first-round pick should be a D-man. Likely have to acquire a defenseman who can QB the power play.

A colleague says he suspects Senyshun is bothered by some kind of injury. Could be...

Have to skate, have good spacing, and display some authority when head-manning the puck.

Shooting the puck without hesitation might pay off, too. Forwards should know by now that waiting isn't working.

Go Hounds!

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo

I, many others I assume, can see issues that aren't likely to be resolved by another off-season or more experience.

Remains to be seen how much of the struggle is personnel and how much of it rests at the feet of the coach. I will say the corps does not bear the look of one coached by a former pro D man, right now.

Think that first-round pick should be a D-man. Likely have to acquire a defenseman who can QB the power play.

A colleague says he suspects Senyshun is bothered by some kind of injury. Could be...

Go Hounds!

As far as the Denfense heading into next season....only Colton White gives me any confidence. Hore, Mercier and pray to heaven Bouramann won't be back! They will have White, Howowell.....who for his own future health grows a few inches and gains 15-20lbs, Timmins...who i really like already, Calvas...who has good size and hopefully can be at very least better than Mercier, and DeMeo who was wasted on the bench this year.

Should have been sent to Tbirds or anywhere he'd be happy to get a full year in! They most definately will have to go out and pick up one veteran Dman as well as draft another early.

The question i posed about Senyshun wasn't only based on these playoff games but his ENTIRE season! His body language is horrible. (Think Cam Newton after a bad loss)! He work ethic out there is unacceptable for a player of his caliber! Honestly i wish the Bruins had watched him this year and told him NOT to come to their camp this fall! He's that frustrating to watch.

The need grows greater for a true Centre when Guertler graduates.....and i'd love to thank him for all he's done for this team in the 2 years he's been here. HE is a joy to watch play!!! Thank you Gabe!!! :handclap:

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
nice to see guertler, senyshen, and speers play on the same line all game. Well done Bannister, another heck of a game by katchoek and colton white, and halverson.

dvonfunk

Jun 25, 2013
Well, the boys did it! I have to admit, I wasn't sure they had it in them. Particularly after witnessing Game 6.

I can't sit here with a straight face and say that the better team won, but we had the better goaltender and ultimately, that was the difference. It usually is, come playoff time.

Much like the first series, my expectations are low for round 2, but I'd love for our Hounds to prove me wrong once again.

Halverson will have to be even better than he was against Sarnia. If so, we have a fighting chance.

Either way, this is great experience to carry forward to next year.

Beat Erie.

Go Hounds!

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Great road effort. Thought we were pretty much toast going in. Sarnia scoring first raised the fears.

But the boys dug down and everybody worked.

Very proud.

Next series will be tougher but savouring this win for now.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Congrats Soo.Hard work by your team.Halverson,unbelievable and the star of the series.Good Luck

Schlerk

Aug 31, 2013
Sarnia
Congrats Soo.Hard work by your team.Halverson,unbelievable and the star of the series.Good Luck

Ditto from a Sting fan. Scrappy squad that didn't cave or give up even though being outshot badly. Kudo's. Halverson the difference last night. Sting threw everything including the kitchen sink at him; a couple incredible stops on one timers. Good luck Soo.

howndawg

Jan 24, 2009
Teams that wouldn't pay the price for Halvy at the deadline must be having second thought now. Snooze you lose!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad