Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Info on backwards compatibility
PlayStation Support

• You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.
PS4 games on PS5: Your top questions answered

You can transfer digital games, game data, and game saves from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using LAN cables, or by connecting wirelessly (WiFi). If you’ve already stored PS4 games and game data in the external USB storage device connected to your PS4, you can bring them over to PS5 with that external USB storage device. And if you are a PS Plus member, you can also sync PS4 game saves on PS5 through cloud storage.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If I’m playing on PS5 and a friend is playing on PS4, can we make a party chat together? Probably not, eh?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
If I’m playing on PS5 and a friend is playing on PS4, can we make a party chat together? Probably not, eh?

I wish Sony and MS would have Discord or something like that integrated into their consoles OS and interface. When my friends play a game that has crossplay and someone is on a console they often have to plug their headset into a phone or laptop next to them to join the call and crank up the volume on the TV so that they can hear the game at the same time. It's ridiculous. A cross platform voice chat system would be nice to see.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I wish Sony and MS would have Discord or something like that integrated into their consoles OS and interface. When my friends play a game that has crossplay and someone is on a console they often have to plug their headset into a phone or laptop next to them to join the call and crank up the volume on the TV so that they can hear the game at the same time. It's ridiculous. A cross platform voice chat system would be nice to see.

That would mean unsupervised voice chat which neither platform wants. All these racist Americans and Brits need to get banned.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
That would mean unsupervised voice chat which neither platform wants. All these racist Americans and Brits need to get banned.

Well no it doesn't since I'm not talking about in game lobbies to replace the default system voice chat.

I'm talking about private party voice chat. So I wouldn't be hearing any racists "from the other countries", just my friends who I've added to my Discord server.

You can already do something like this on XBOX One with Skype, but it's Skype so it's pretty shitty and would never come to PS5. Hence the need for something that's not in either Sony or MS's control and actually works well like Discord.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well no it doesn't since I'm not talking about in game lobbies to replace the default system voice chat.

I'm talking about private party voice chat. So I wouldn't be hearing any racists "from the other countries", just my friends who I've added to my Discord server.

You can already do something like this on XBOX One with Skype, but it's Skype so it's pretty shitty and would never come to PS5. Hence the need for something that's not in either Sony or MS's control and actually works well like Discord.

And that's why it's not happening.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I wouldn't. Has there been any indication that Sony and Microsoft are working together for such a feature?

Cross gen as in PS4 and PS5.

I'm pretty sure PS4 and Vita could share party chat until recently. Obviously PS3 and Vita are getting swept under the rug now but PS4 and PS5 will share a lot of the same ecosystem, I think.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Cross gen as in PS4 and PS5.

I'm pretty sure PS4 and Vita could share party chat until recently. Obviously PS3 and Vita are getting swept under the rug now but PS4 and PS5 will share a lot of the same ecosystem, I think.
ahhhh gotcha. I don't know if it has been confirmed but I don't see why it wouldn't work tbh

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Godfall 50gb and No Offline mode

tn8enwj224t51.jpg

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So yes, cross gen party chat at least. The card/tip stuff could be interesting but it's also more work for developers so I fully expect it to be one of those things that only first party games have and nobody uses them anyways.

The picture-in-picture stuff is also interesting but I don't care about it in the way they want me to. Just let me have YouTube in that window or something.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Will save game data by interchangeable between ps4 and ps5? I would have them on separate tvs, so I play something like Valhalla on my PS4, could I pick up at the same spot on ps5 if I change rooms?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Will save game data by interchangeable between ps4 and ps5? I would have them on separate tvs, so I play something like Valhalla on my PS4, could I pick up at the same spot on ps5 if I change rooms?
im pretty sure you would have to transfer the save game data.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I’m not buying a PS5 until I get confirmation that Bethesda games will be released on the PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad