Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
MS owns the IPs. They pretty much won't release new games on the PS5. That's basically it.
They might, the game will sell much better if they release it cross platform. But they will sell more consoles if they announce that those games will be exclusive.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
MS owns the IPs. They pretty much won't release new games on the PS5. That's basically it.

While Spencer said that future Bethesda games can be Xbox exclusive and remain profitable, he also said that future Bethesda games will be on a case by case basis on whether or not they are exclusive or not.

I doubt they make The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games exclusive.

At this point though, it is up in the air and i doubt we will receive any official confirmation any time soon.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
While Spencer said that future Bethesda games can be Xbox exclusive and remain profitable, he also said that future Bethesda games will be on a case by case basis on whether or not they are exclusive or not.

At this point though, it is up in the air and i doubt we will receive any official confirmation any time soon.

I think the issue comes down to that MS would use this to hold over Sony's head to allow Gamepass. I'm betting that MS is basically saying for Sony to allow Gamepass or no Zenimax games. Plus, outside of Minecraft, MS has never published a game themselves on a Sony console.

Honestly, Sony is going to keep doing what makes them Sony, with or without Bethesda.

Reactions: Mikeaveli

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He pretty much confirmed they will be Xbox/PC exclusive:

Xbox Boss Phil Spencer On Series X Launch, Halo Infinite & Bethesda

Is it possible to recoup a $7.5 billion investment if you don’t sell Elder Scrolls VI on the PlayStation?” I asked.

“Yes,” Spencer quickly replied.

Then he paused.

“I don’t want to be flip about that,” he added. “This deal was not done to take games away from another player base like that. Nowhere in the documentation that we put together was: ‘How do we keep other players from playing these games?’ We want more people to be able to play games, not fewer people to be able to go play games. But I’ll also say in the model—I’m just answering directly the question that you had—when I think about where people are going to be playing and the number of devices that we had, and we have xCloud and PC and Game Pass and our console base, I don’t have to go ship those games on any other platform other than the platforms that we support in order to kind of make the deal work for us. Whatever that means.”

“We have a very good relationship with Nintendo,” he told me. “And I think we see our work very synergistically, in terms of trying to grow the market. And it just makes it easy. Every conversation we have with them has really been easy.” He cited good conversations with Nintendo CEO Shuntaro Furukawa and Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser, who he said he spoke to last week.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I 100% seeing them being exclusive.
Microsoft does not shy away from their in-house games implementing live service features and microtransactions, they can more than make up money from not selling on Sony or Nintendo (though Nintendo wasn't happening anyways outside xcloud).

I'm skeptical of the talk that they don't see Sony as a competitor and actually want to have gamepass on PlayStation.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Of course Microsoft will keep Elder Scrolls and future games Xbox exclusive. They’ve made it really clear they’re willing to spend tons of money developing games and put them on Gamepass day 1. This is pretty much that but on a larger scale.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Any game that Bethesda releases is always best played on PC, never on console. Bethesda games require mods to be played properly, which you can't get on console.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Any game that Bethesda releases is always best played on PC, never on console. Bethesda games require mods to be played properly, which you can't get on console.

AKA they require mods to fix their shit, cuz they sure won't. :laugh:

For the record, though, I believe modding was available to a certain extent on the current generation of consoles....no?

Either way, I don't think most people who own a console but don't own a gaming PC will want to drop the cash on one just to play a Bethesda game that plays better that way.

I could see the logic behind Xbox making future Bethesda games Xbox/PC exclusive, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them treat PlayStation like they currently treat Steam - they will sell the game at full price on those platforms, but give you option of using Game Pass instead...making their own platforms the bargain. In theory, that could be the best of both worlds: drawing more people to their platform for the bargains, while also making money off of the die-hard PlayStation fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khelandros

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
AKA they require mods to fix their shit, cuz they sure won't. :laugh:

For the record, though, I believe modding was available to a certain extent on the current generation of consoles....no?

Either way, I don't think most people who own a console but don't own a gaming PC will want to drop the cash on one just to play a Bethesda game that plays better that way.

I could see the logic behind Xbox making future Bethesda games Xbox/PC exclusive, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them treat PlayStation like they currently treat Steam - they will sell the game at full price on those platforms, but give you option of using Game Pass instead...making their own platforms the bargain. In theory, that could be the best of both worlds: drawing more people to their platform for the bargains, while also making money off of the die-hard PlayStation fans.
There were limited mods available, but the ones that actually fixed their games were not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad