Sony PS5 2

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Put like an hour into Spider-Man 2 yesterday. I would say when it comes to console games, it might be the best looking game yet. Obviously, there are certain things on PC that can top it with enough power and proper settings. Can't wait to dig in more.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Put like an hour into Spider-Man 2 yesterday. I would say when it comes to console games, it might be the best looking game yet. Obviously, there are certain things on PC that can top it with enough power and proper settings. Can't wait to dig in more.
I can imagine the game will demand some high specifications whenever it comes on PC. The first game is already pretty demanding.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sadly I pre-ordered my game and it is yet to make it in. I have tomorrow off randomly, hoping it gets in sometime in the early afternoon.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I can imagine the game will demand some high specifications whenever it comes on PC. The first game is already pretty demanding.
Yeah, and that was made for PS4 originally. I don't think the PC Requirements will end up much higher than Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart though. And that was recommended basically 8th gen Intel or 3000 series Ryzen, an SSD, and AMD 5700x GPU or Nvidia RTX2600 or higher. So, I'd be a bit surprised to see them up that too much. Those seem to be the common baselines for most 9th gen console games. Only issues I could see them running into on some of the recommended stuff is VRAM for people outputting native 4K, but if you are trying to run native 4K with RT at 60 FPS right now, you likely have nothing to worry about on that front, I'm on a 3080ti and 13600k and for a modern AAA title I'm not even gonna attempt native 4K with RT is like any demanding game unless I want a slide show.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Played about 3 hours today. Absolutely loving what the game is putting out thus far. The movement is just so fun!

Sep 19, 2008
I normally wait for games to go on sale but given rave reviews the second I beat Miles Morales I will dish out 70 for the standard edition of Spider Man 2

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I normally wait for games to go on sale but given rave reviews the second I beat Miles Morales I will dish out 70 for the standard edition of Spider Man 2
I'm the same. I rarely spend full price for games (Nintendo excluded from this). Spiderman is well worth the price of admission.

Such a fun game.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm the same. I rarely spend full price for games (Nintendo excluded from this). Spiderman is well worth the price of admission.

Such a fun game.
Depends. If I feel I'll get my money's worth and I'll play it right at launch, I'll buy it right away. That generally applies to Sony's major AAA games. I have no regrets buying God of War: Ragnarok, Horizon: Forbidden West, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart and now this in their launch windows. Same would apply to the next 3D Mario for Switch/Switch 2 (or whatever) and GTA VI/Rockstars next big open world. Most other things I'll wait for a steam sale (as I'm also on PC and usually get better performance than consoles on most games, and Steam sales tend to be the best priced).

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So playing Spiderman 2, got to the side mission titled The Flame.

Part 1 of the mission went fine, then I get to part titled everything burns, and I can't get the mission to trigger.

I know where it is, I'm standing next to it, the little triangle will not come up for me to trigger the mission anyone know why?

Yes I am Peter.

Sep 19, 2008
beat miles morales and as promised went straight to the store and purchased Spider man 2

Now I haven't played it for about 2 days as I'm busy but I promise I'll play it tomorrow

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I’m still pretty early on, but in SpiderMan 2, does the random crimes only grant you XP? I remember SpiderMan 1, they were apart of completing a district, and I don’t see them in the district list anymore.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I’m still pretty early on, but in SpiderMan 2, does the random crimes only grant you XP? I remember SpiderMan 1, they were apart of completing a district, and I don’t see them in the district list anymore.
Crimes are ways to upgrade your stuff. It's no longer tied to completing districts.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I believe they also get you basic tech, so to grind out all the suits trophy, it's probably one of the quicker ways.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yup, basic tech is also part of the crimes.

Don't do what I did and put so much into buying suits at the start of the game. Level up some of the suit tech and gadgets first...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yup, basic tech is also part of the crimes.

Don't do what I did and put so much into buying suits at the start of the game. Level up some of the suit tech and gadgets first...
haha, I knew they gave me nothing but cosmetics, so I put everything into gadgets and suit tech until I was just chasing trophys.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I feel like Spiderman 2 deserves its own thread.

Just completed the game and man it was amazing. One of the best games I have played in a long time. Curious to see where this goes as my guess is we will get some DLC in the future.

Oh wow 2 post credit cut scenes.....How long are we going to need to wait for Spider man 3?

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think the devs are working on Wolverine now so after that
I have a childhood friend who works for Insomniac. Wolverine is a completely separate team (and my buddy was never taken off it to work on Spiderman 2). I believe at a minimum Insomniac has 2 major AAA teams, and 4 overall (one was used for VR stuff for Oculus). I believe Insomniac is Sony's largest Sony first-party studio in that regard outside of Bungie.

My guess is a new one will be 4 to 5 years though, depending if they do DLC for this game (I can see some of the side missions branching out into cool DLC content like they did for the original game). AAA development tends to take 4 to 5 years now.

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad