Sony PS4 #9: Your Exclusive Home for Exclusives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Does anyone have a Playstation TV?

Just interested in the streaming function so I can stream my PS4 on another TV, just wondering if it does a good enough job in regards to that.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Does anyone have a Playstation TV?

Just interested in the streaming function so I can stream my PS4 on another TV, just wondering if it does a good enough job in regards to that.

It all depends on your internet connection. For some stupid reason it doesn't stream through your home network, but from your ps4 to the sony servers back to you PSTV. So if your internet isn't great expect some lag. Its wifi range isn't great, I find I get disconnected often even though I an only 2 rooms away from my ps4/wireless router.

In short does it work? Yes, but not great. I wouldn't use it for any online gaming.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It all depends on your internet connection. For some stupid reason it doesn't stream through your home network, but from your ps4 to the sony servers back to you PSTV. So if your internet isn't great expect some lag. Its wifi range isn't great, I find I get disconnected often even though I an only 2 rooms away from my ps4/wireless router.

In short does it work? Yes, but not great. I wouldn't use it for any online gaming.

So it does use data. Jesus Christmas, I've literally been called a mentally disabled on multiple message boards for asking this question.

This is one exchange I've had

"Hey does playstation remote streaming count towards your data cap even if you're on the same network?"

"Why would it?"

"I don't know, that's why you ask questions, to learn."

*crickets*

Also, about a million responses -- preempt it with as much of an explanation as you want, these people wont care -- asking what a data cap is even though 90 percent of these people probably have a (much higher ) data cap and just don't realize it because they don't pay bills or just dot care to read

Last edited:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Sigh.
Persona 5 delayed AGAIN

To make up for the delay, they will be adding in dual audio, free Japanese voice DLC

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Honestly? I'll take the dual audio at that cost. Better than another 100+ hours of English people chewing through honorifics every other line.

Also there's like 6 other games coming out between January and April, so more time for those, I guess.

PSN theme is pretty good. There's one for every character on the JP PSN but I don't have anything left in my wallet over there.

Last edited:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
So it does use data. Jesus Christmas, I've literally been called a mentally disabled on multiple message boards for asking this question.

This is one exchange I've had

"Hey does playstation remote streaming count towards your data cap even if you're on the same network?"

"Why would it?"

"I don't know, that's why you ask questions, to learn."

*crickets*

Also, about a million responses -- preempt it with as much of an explanation as you want, these people wont care -- asking what a data cap is even though 90 percent of these people probably have a (much higher ) data cap and just don't realize it because they don't pay bills or just dot care to read

That s what i have been told anyways, how much it uses i have no clue.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Honestly? I'll take the dual audio at that cost. Better than another 100+ hours of English people chewing through honorifics every other line.

Why does anything even translate the honourifics? They sound so horrible in English. :laugh:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Honest question why are people so excited about dual audio? I can't see how it would serve me any purpose it's not like I can speak Japanese so why would I want to hear it for 100 hours instead of English?

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Honest question why are people so excited about dual audio? I can't see how it would serve me any purpose it's not like I can speak Japanese so why would I want to hear it for 100 hours instead of English?

It's a weeaboo thing. They're stuck on the idea that Japanese VA is always superior to english.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Authentic VA is always better than localized VA; the same is true for English games that get dubbed to any other language.

I don't watch foreign films with dubs, so I'm not sure why I would play a foreign video game that way if given the choice. Not hard to understand.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
While the original VA is great, Persona 4's English dub is pretty damn impressive. I don't like watching live-action movies either dubbed with English if it's not the native language.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

NOOO!!!!! You are breaking the first rule of Anime/foreign games.....never bring up Dub vs Sub. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
While the original VA is great, Persona 4's English dub is pretty damn impressive. I don't like watching live-action movies either dubbed with English if it's not the native language.

Yeah, especially on the Vita port. The voice acting (in English) was impeccable, the only remotely jarring thing was these obviously American/Canadian voices using honorifics...but if you've ever hung out with a weeaboo that wasn't that jarring.

I'll probably play through it with the Japanese audio at least once, maybe even for my first play-through, but I'd rather just have English and a February release...but as long as the game is great...whatever. The quality is all that matters, and if something came up that would have prevented that from being possible on day one, then so be it.

Video games are a completely different medium than film. I wouldn't dream of watching a foreign film with a dub (unless it's a Disney localization of Miyazaki, which are still a mixed bag), but games are just different...namely that there isn't a inherent drop-off in quality when you're talking about a company that knows how to localize properly and a lot of Japanese actors overact compared to what we're used to (I couldn't stand Barry Goodman in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, a game that didn't include an English option, in part because he's supposed to be an American ex-pat living in Tokyo who somehow has a voice that is a mix of '70 year-old Japanese man who has smoked a pack a day since he was in the womb', combined with the bombastic delivery of a Japanese game show host...absolutely none of it worked for me, meanwhile weeaboos adored the idiot).

I'll just say this...I don't watch anime at all, so the sub vs. dub thing isn't something I really ever think about...but I doubt I identify as much with the characters of P4G if not for their (generally) fantastic English voice acting. The more games that offer both options, the better, but I don't think this is as easy to say that one side of the coin is right and the other is inherently wrong as it would be in other mediums.

Last edited:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Thanks for the reply! I probably won't bother then, my internet connection in the room I'd use it in is pretty meh, so won't waste my time as I'll probably have issues.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Fantastic writing, memorable and loveable characters and a solid battle/social mechanic all builds to a fantastic and memorable experience. Persona 4 is way better than any FF game released in the past decade.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
What's so great about the Persona series?

tumblr_n8k0qqmBiG1r2u7p0o2_1280.gif

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Fantastic writing, memorable and loveable characters and a solid battle/social mechanic all builds to a fantastic and memorable experience. Persona 4 is way better than any FF game released in the past decade.

Maybe...but that changes in less than 2 weeks ;)

Persona is probably really good but i just can't get into the anime graphics.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Edit

Would this thread be the one to find the best black Friday deal on just a PS4 in Canada? If no sorry i'll edit and delete after response.

answered thanks Hemsky

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad