Sony PS4 #9: Your Exclusive Home for Exclusives

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
So how's the PS4 Pro stacking up against the normal PS4??

Is the "Pro" really worth the extra $$$$

I dont own one but a lot of games just don't have pro support or bad pro support. Its all case by case.

Some newer games have decent support. Nier runs at 1080p 60fps higher settings, Horizon is 1800p "checkerboard" to 2160, Nioh has various pro settings but they're all pretty good.

Bloodborne and Witcher 3 have no support.

Dark Souls 3 is now unlocked on pro that floats around 45-50 fps. Some people have an issue with this say it creates a "judder" but I've played with unlocked framerates on pc and I've never seen that.

Again its all case by case.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I believe that is you don't own a PS4 at all, go for the PS4 Pro. I can see why that if you have a regular PS4 you don't want to buy the console again, but if you don't have it, go for the better version.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Unless Sony lowers the price of the PS4 Pro along with the rumored price drop of the PS4 Slim, I'm not sure the PS4 Pro is worth what will be an extra $150. Especially when it doesn't even have things like Ultra HD Blu Ray support. Just my opinion though.

It might be worth it for someone who likes having the best possible frame rate, resolution, the newest hardware, etc.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Yeah I'm looking at getting a PS4 in this year's Black Friday/Christmas sales. It's £200 for a PS4 and a game. It's £350 for a PS4 Pro. No contest.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm really impressed by the wipeout remaster. Shocked that these are psp games.

Edit: Ps3 and Vita games, that makes a lot more sense

Last edited:

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
So I just bought the PS4Pro earlier in the week and got it in the mail today, and I am currently waiting for MLB The Show to come but I wanted to purchase some other games while waiting (was going to get the GTA bundle pack with San Andreas) and typed in my CC, which works fine on X1, and it doesn't work. It says I have an invalid CC or something. Anyone know how to fix this?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Days of Play sale is now live, and son of a *****, there are quite a few games on that list already that I want...

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Days of Play sale is now live, and son of a *****, there are quite a few games on that list already that I want...

Will have to check it when I get home. I think Horizon was supposed to be on there and I did not get that one yet. Went with Nier right after but was of course going to get Horizon at some point.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
12 months PS+ is 35€ on the EU store, 50€ normal price.

I don't recall it ever being that low during the 4 years that I've had PS+, so I guess that's a pretty good deal. I re-upped for 12 months a couple months back, but this is probably worth doing now already, in case the EU store decides to do what the NA store did and up the price by 10. They'll do it eventually I'd imagine.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Picked up Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. Finally going to play this game that everyone loves. So many times I almost got it on PS3 but never got to it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Picked up Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. Finally going to play this game that everyone loves. So many times I almost got it on PS3 but never got to it.
It's very good, I've been playing it myself. Few tips.

Engineers: always have an engineer follow your tank. They can basically make your tank invincible. The engineer can disarm mines. Anybody the engineer walks by gets their ammo refilled, remember that for anti tank soldiers or when you need to use your sniper on a map (rare but still).

Scout: Most useful soldier in the game but their usefulness online has been greatly exaggerated for one simple reason: 60 fps. They take way more damage from interception fire at 60 fps and can be mowed down pretty quickly by shocktroopers if you charge in. Still these guys are probably the best in the game.

Shocktroopers: now these guys unless there's a tank or sniper close by actually can charge in head first. They're extremely useful for defending a base or tank or clearing out trenches. Early on the scouts will absolutely dwarf these guys in usefulness, later on you will actually need them pretty badly.

Lancer: pretty self explanatory. Use them to kill tanks.

Sniper: only a handful of levels they're useful. My advice is never star a level with just bring them in later if you need them.

Tank: these are most useful as moving cover, but their mortars are incredibly useful for hitting behind cover.

Few general tips: those metal pylons your tank cant drive over need to be cleared with grenades. Somehow never figured that out until halfway through. Also anybody your are standing directly beside will shoot with you on your turn. This is extremely helpful on one specific mission when you need to actually take down a a tank with nothing but rifles. There's basically no limit to how many people can shoot at once as long as they're all standing beside each other.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

In related news I've been playing the Revolution demo from the JP store and it's... not as good.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
In related news I've been playing the Revolution demo from the JP store and it's... not as good.

Yeah I was really excited when I saw that on the Amazon store and apparently it's kind of a prey situation where they just stuck the name on there since valkyria actually sells well in japan

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I'm really impressed by the wipeout remaster. Shocked that these are psp games.

Edit: Ps3 and Vita games, that makes a lot more sense

Supports 4k and HDR too, but I would've rather had remasters of Wipeout, 2097, and 3, the PS1 games. Pure and Pulse would've made for good remasters too (the PSP releases).

Not really getting into the soundtrack however, not the same without the Prodigy or Chemical Brothers.

And wish there was a Bluetooth version of the Negcon, one of the best racing controllers ever.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Sorry if posted already, by Ni No Kuni 2 has been confirmed to be releasing this year. Wonder if I need to finish the first one to enjoy this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad