Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So during the night Sony announced their PS1 Mini console. Will cost $99 USD and comes with 20 games. The only ones I've seen so far are FF7, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms that will come with the mini console.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
No twin sticks means no Gran Turismo, which is lame, maybe it has to do with licensing?

Gotta have Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, otherwise, it gets a big "nope" from me

My guesses for the remaining games are Resident Evil 2, a Tomb Raider, and a Twisted Metal.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Why are the PS4Pros so impossible to find? I finally decided to get one and they're completely sold out everywhere. Is Sony hoarding them for the holidays?

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I don't know if this post belongs in the PS4 thread, a home-theater thread or a 1080P TV thread. But here goes...

My 500GB PS4 is connected to a Yamaha AV Receiver which is connected to an LG 1080P HDTV. (It'll be a miracle before I get a 4k HDTV.) After the recent system upgrade, my HDTV starts to flicker near the middle of the screen when I play FFXV on my PS4. (I also have this odd "pulsing" flicker phenomenon near the minimap and mission description area of the screen, but that subsided since the last update.) Has anybody had this problem? Is there a quick fix for this, like upgrading my HDMI cables, or should I have to replace the whole kit and kaboodle?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Hey everyone, I'm not really much of a gamer but I enjoyed the heck out of Witcher 3 + DLCs.

I'm going to buy a PS4 Pro + RDR2 Bundle and am looking for some single-player or split-screen games - other than Horizon: Zero Dawn, FIFA19, and that upcoming Samurai game, are there any others you'd recommend for the PS4? I don't want predominantly multiplayer online games tbh.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Persona 5
God of War
Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2
The Last Guardian
Journey
The Last of Us Remastered
Disgaea 5, Disgaea 1 Complete
Metal Gear Solid V (if you don't have it yet)
Borderlands 2 Handsome Collection (single and split screen)
RE Remake
Spider-man
Uncharted 4
Uncharted 1-3 Remastered

That is just to name a few.

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Persona 5
God of War
Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2
The Last Guardian
Journey
The Last of Us Remastered
Disgaea 5, Disgaea 1 Complete
Metal Gear Solid V (if you don't have it yet)
Borderlands 2 Handsome Collection (single and split screen)
RE Remake
Spider-man
Uncharted 4
Uncharted 1-3 Remastered

That is just to name a few.
I'm not into JPRGs or the Uncharted series (they're poorly written) but thanks for the list, I think God of War is another one I should definitely check out

Can you tell me more about Journey?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Hey everyone, I'm not really much of a gamer but I enjoyed the heck out of Witcher 3 + DLCs.

I'm going to buy a PS4 Pro + RDR2 Bundle and am looking for some single-player or split-screen games - other than Horizon: Zero Dawn, FIFA19, and that upcoming Samurai game, are there any others you'd recommend for the PS4? I don't want predominantly multiplayer online games tbh.
Odin Sphere and Dragons Crown are two of the best looking games you'll play graphically speaking, as long as the visual style appeals to you like it does me. They're also fun beat em ups with tweakable difficulty.

Furi is also a great one thats only on PS4 and PC. It's extremely difficult though on the first playthrough so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you're just getting back into gaming.

But Ni No Kuni 2 is a really cool one if you're a fan of studio Ghibli or spirited away. It's a video game in the style of that animation and it's pretty easy from what I hear.

Metal Gear Solid V I really wouldn't recommend if you dont have patience for loadscreens. One of the worst designed games ever for that.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Ugh.....I dunno if I am gonna platinum Spider-Man. Getting gold on all the challenge missions, particularly the drone chases, just isn't very fun. I wanted to platinum it before I moved on but I don't know if I will bother.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I played like two rounds of Fortnite on Switch and it didn't grab me but nice to see this.

Does this make Fortnite the first ever fully cross platform game? Surely it does.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

Couple PS4 games that I really enjoyed, and your tastes seem similar to mine (no multiplayer, not a big JRPG fan, or "action adventure" games uncharted):

Fallout 4 - you're probably familiar with it
Xcom 2 - turn based combat with a management piece
Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Shooter/stealth game with solid RPG elements

I also love Skyrim so I bought it for PS4 too & played it a lot, but it is a PS3 generation game (end like PS3 so graphics are still solid).

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Couple PS4 games that I really enjoyed, and your tastes seem similar to mine (no multiplayer, not a big JRPG fan, or "action adventure" games uncharted):

Fallout 4 - you're probably familiar with it
Xcom 2 - turn based combat with a management piece
Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Shooter/stealth game with solid RPG elements

I also love Skyrim so I bought it for PS4 too & played it a lot, but it is a PS3 generation game (end like PS3 so graphics are still solid).
Man, I'd love a really good stealth action game. I feel like MGS would be good but it's too "cinematic" from what I understand.

I'd like Uncharted if it was... smarter and challenged the user more. Ass Creed too. They're soooooo poorly written, it's obnoxious.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man, I'd love a really good stealth action game. I feel like MGS would be good but it's too "cinematic" from what I understand.

I'd like Uncharted if it was... smarter and challenged the user more. Ass Creed too. They're soooooo poorly written, it's obnoxious.
If you like stealth I think you'd really like the new hitman. It's very accessible to beginners with the ability to save at any time in case you want to try something out. It's more of several large sandboxes vs one massive open world .

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

I put like 100+ hours into MGSV and most of it was just doing the open world stuff. While it has cinematic stuff, it has no where near as many hours of cinematics as MGS4. MGSV just at least in terms of going around the world it gives you and the gameplay, there is nothing better in the genre. So f***ing good.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Friday the 13th is one of the free PS+ games next month... I wonder if that game actually works yet.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
MGSV aka helicopter passenger simulator.

I love the game but it has absolutely no quality of life features. The fast travel is insanely difficult to unlock and use and they're way too far apart. Just my opinion. I constantly look at it on my ps4, start it up, and then drop it when i remember all the helicopter rides, loading screens, and running across vast empty landscapes are required to get to actual gameplay.

Edit: I should say, I've got 50 hours in the game and have all the side missions and main missions complete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad