Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I am trying to figure out what I want to play next. I have a massive backlog of games and am on medical leave for the next 6-8 weeks after back surgery.

Sep 19, 2008
I need to trade in my PS 4 for a PS4 Pro first before I can consider Spider Man. Need to get around to doing that.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
4k isn't really much to write home about. I checked it out at my cousin's house on his 1X and 4k tv. It was alright. Nice clean image with no jaggies. Nothing game changing.

It's kind of like the equivalent of playing an older game like Counter strike or Quake or those other low poly low detail games at 1080p. Looks nice and clean and you can make everything out clearly good or bad. It's a difference, but it won't blow your mind.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Does anybody know why my ps4 only works with the hdmi that came with it? Even hdmis that came with other ps4s wont work with it, couldnt find anything online about this

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
And now the hdmi cables that i tried to use are broken after i plugged them in, what the f***? Could my ps4 have a virus or something?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
And now the hdmi cables that i tried to use are broken after i plugged them in, what the ****? Could my ps4 have a virus or something?
Next to no chance it has a virus.

Just return the ps4 and ask for another one. Might be a defective port.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Finally bought a PS4 (NHL19 bundle/Slim).

Whats in the exclusives back catalogue I should invest in? Ive already ordered Horizon. I havent owned a playstation since PS2, so Ive got some catching up to do. I tend to enjoy RPGs the most.

Ive got a short list mostly based on when the price is right, as im not in a rush with a huge back catalogue.

God of War
Persona 5
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age - I had the original and liked it a lot, mad I cant find my disk.
Shadow of the Colossus

I do have an Xbox One, so no need to list non-exclusives.

Last edited:

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

Whats in the exclusives back catalogue I should invest in? Ive already ordered Horizon. I havent owned a playstation since PS2, so Ive got some catching up to do. I tend to enjoy RPGs the most.

Ive got a short list mostly based on when the price is right, as im not in a rush with a huge back catalogue.

God of War
Persona 5
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age - I had the original and liked it a lot, mad I cant find my disk.
Shadow of the Colossus

I really enjoyed Detroit Become Human.

Otherwise i’d add

Uncharted 4
Spiderman(probably have to wait a while to get it cheap)
Infamous Second Son/First Light (Can probably be had pretty cheap now)

Then there’s other stuff like Bloodborne and Until Dawn that i haven’t played but a lot of people seem to like.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
I've been playing spiderman the last few days. Pretty fun game. It has a similar vibe to the Batman games with the fighting style, collectibles and map. If your on the fence I'd recommend waiting for a sale like Black Friday before picking it up.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

God of War
Persona 5
Dragon Quest XI
Shadow of the Colossus

Those are pretty good picks to start out. Horizon and God of War are must plays.
- Bloodborne (isn't for everyone, I don't like Dark Souls but loved this).
- Last of Us
- Spiderman
- Nier Automata (haven't played it but it's highly regarded, not for everyone though).
- Uncharted series (not a big fan, but highly regarded).

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

God of War
Persona 5
Dragon Quest XI
Shadow of the Colossus

Destiny 2 - They have PS4 exclusives before all other platforms.
Nier Automata - Such an amazing and beautiful game.
Spiderman - I love it! So, so fun.

The Last of Us is a must-own.

This. It's also available on their streaming service now.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Bought a PS4 Pro for Spider-Man and my collection so far is....

Spider-Man - I adore it. It is perfect to me.
Project Cars 2 - Bought from PSN on the cheap, had great reviews and havent played a 'realistic' racer in a while.
FIFA 18 - PSN store on sale for $13....couldn't afford not to buy it.
Burnout Paradise: Remastered - PSN store on sale. One of my all time favourites

Any chance God of War goes on sale this year? I am not in a rush but will definitely pick it up once it goes on sale. There is so much to play that I have missed out on that I am just going to spend the next couple years buying whatever goes on sale on the PSN store. The next game I know I am definitely going to buy brand new is the all-but-officially-confirmed Spider-Man sequel but until then I am just going to be catching up.

The Last of Us is a must-own.

I could convince myself its the greatest game I have ever played. Certainly the greatest cinematic game ever.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

God of War
Persona 5
Dragon Quest XI
Shadow of the Colossus

Nioh and the Yakuza games. Maybe something like Tales of Berseria.

Any chance God of War goes on sale this year?

Black Friday, I'd expect. Last year they had pretty much every game that came out on sale.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

God of War
Persona 5
Dragon Quest XI
Shadow of the Colossus

Definitely Yakuza 0. My favourite PS4 game so far. I think you can get it pretty cheap now during PSN sales too.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oh, Ni no Kuni 2 also isn't on Xbox, apparently... heard good things about that one, as well, but it's in the backlog for me so I couldn't say.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bought a PS4 Pro for Spider-Man and my collection so far is....

Spider-Man - I adore it. It is perfect to me.
Project Cars 2 - Bought from PSN on the cheap, had great reviews and havent played a 'realistic' racer in a while.
FIFA 18 - PSN store on sale for $13....couldn't afford not to buy it.
Burnout Paradise: Remastered - PSN store on sale. One of my all time favourites

Any chance God of War goes on sale this year? I am not in a rush but will definitely pick it up once it goes on sale. There is so much to play that I have missed out on that I am just going to spend the next couple years buying whatever goes on sale on the PSN store. The next game I know I am definitely going to buy brand new is the all-but-officially-confirmed Spider-Man sequel but until then I am just going to be catching up.
I am personally waiting for Black Friday. I am not in a rush either and last Black Friday had some fantastic deals on games.

I could convince myself its the greatest game I have ever played. Certainly the greatest cinematic game ever.
I am currently playing the game for the first time and just reached "the bridge" in the [redacted] State to avoid spoilers. The game is wonderful, but the button configurations/setup make it almost unbearable and unplayable at times. I think I prefer Bioshock to Last of Us as of today.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Woot! As if by request, Arkham Knight: Premium Edution on sale for about $17.

Big WB sale on. Will probably get Return to Arkham for $11 and maybe Lego Marvel 1 for $8 as well.

Will have to platinum Spider-Man before switching back to Arkham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad