Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For those who have played shantae half genie hero, does anyone else find the hub area disorienting? It literally makes my eyes go out of focus when I move my character. No idea if it happens to everyone but it's really bad.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Since I know there are Bloodborne fans here, some hackers gained access to two bosses and several enemies hidden in the game files that were cut from the game but can be accessed through the chalice dungeon system. The Bloodborne subreddit has glyphs posted to access the cut content.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Since I know there are Bloodborne fans here, some hackers gained access to two bosses and several enemies hidden in the game files that were cut from the game but can be accessed through the chalice dungeon system. The Bloodborne subreddit has glyphs posted to access the cut content.
Literally the day my ps plus runs out (yes believe it or not chalice glyphs are an online feature). Sucks. Guess I'll watch it on YouTube.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Somehow this flew under the radar but the Yakuza engine Fist of the North star game had its reveal trailer posted last week

Ive never watched the anime or read the manga but I knew it was heavily inspired by mad max, this game seems to be turning that influence up to 11.

The graphics seem to be much lower quality than usual but it still looks nice and clean with good art direction.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I feel like physical copies of Yakuza 0 don't exist anymore. Was on sale for Black Friday but nobody had any and now even Amazon doesn't have any. I tend to only buy multiplayer games digitally but I dunno if I'll have much of a choice on this one.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Actually forgot about Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hackers Memory coming out later this month.
Might pick it up since I really enjoyed Cyber Sleuth a lot.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I feel like physical copies of Yakuza 0 don't exist anymore. Was on sale for Black Friday but nobody had any and now even Amazon doesn't have any. I tend to only buy multiplayer games digitally but I dunno if I'll have much of a choice on this one.

Ditto Nier: Automata. I assume demand outpaced expectations in both cases.

One good aspect of digital sales is that those games are still easily available (and affordable) despite that, at least.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com

One good aspect of digital sales is that those games are still easily available (and affordable) despite that, at least.

The problem I still have with digital, is that for PSN/MS/Nintendo e-stores, you usually end up paying as much as physical, unless you buy them during a flash sale. Also, between Best Buy's Gamer's Club (BB said I've over $200 after nearly 2 years, RIP my wallet), new games are going on sale quickly it seems like, $20-30 off a month or so after release.

And the rare, rare time I do pre-order, I greatly prefer physical add-ons. Deluxe or special editions of games seem off to me, without a steelbook, coin, hat, socks, shirt, etc.

Do agree that having games never really OOP or near instant gratification, which is a good thing. Unless you're a collector, which I sort of am still, but I also look at price too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've been addicted to Destiny 2 thus far so I haven't gotten too far in a lot of the PS4 games. Just slowly enjoying and playing them, but I've been quite addicted to Persona 5. I really dislike how unnatural your player moves in the game, but everything else is top notch especially the story and the game's main mechanics. Definitely an exclusive for why I wanted a PS4.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So my awesome wife got me a PSVR for Christmas.

I gotta say, unless one plays it, hard to understand how awesome it is. They definitely need more games though. Already "beat" Job Simulator & Supershot VR. Skyrim graphics was disappointing though. Extremely blurry and glitchy.

Reactions: Emily

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Seems like PUBG is officially coming to the PS4. The CEO though stated that Sony's quality requirements are high though so might take abit since the XBOX1 version is known to be buggy and barely playable.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I went out and bought a new 500gb slim yesterday. Traded my original because it decided it didn't want to play certain games. It was really weird, games either worked perfectly or crashed every single time.

I've seen tons of both here down under. :dunno:

It was the same with the mini NES. Preorders sold out but it took a while for the second shipment to disappear.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Ended up with PSVR at Christmas and holy hell - this thing is a total game changer. This isn't a gimmick like PS Move or Kinect, it's the real deal.

Skyrim VR looks weird because you're in a 2010 video game, rendered to VR, a lot of the apps look weird or suck. But then you toss it on and fire up Batman Arkham VR and holy hell - you ARE Batman, you are in the Batcave, you put on the suit, you're in freaking Gotham City. Want to throw a Batarang? Do it. Grab from your belt and fire away. It's unreal.

Tried Sports Bar VR tonight and got so into the fact I was in a bar I smashed a drink off my table and heard it pouring on the floor and so disconnected from real life I was looking around in the VR like what the hell just happened? Realized it's real life.

It's insane. Everyone needs to get on this VR board, its legit, this isn't no gimmick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emily

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I think the problem with VR is the high cost of entry for something that is still pretty early tech. It's a bit of a tough cycle, though, since you need more people buying in to advance the medium.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Another problem with VR is if you have naturally long eyelashes like me. You have natural oils on your eyelash that will smudge the lense and break immersion.

Also I have a badly broken nose (talking like 45 degree angle, I should get it fixed) so none of the headsets really fit.

At least that's what happens with me.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What all do you need to make PSVR run? I see some deals that just include the headset, while others include the headset and the camera. Is the camera necessary? Just on some games? I'd like to give it a shot, but honestly don't have a clue what to look for.

EDIT: Uggh I have freakishly long eyelashes and a giant nose. I should probably try before I buy if possible.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Seems like PUBG is officially coming to the PS4. The CEO though stated that Sony's quality requirements are high though so might take abit since the XBOX1 version is known to be buggy and barely playable.

I’d wait for the official announcement. Microsoft is attempting to extend their console exclusivity indefinitely.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I’d wait for the official announcement. Microsoft is attempting to extend their console exclusivity indefinitely.

If Bluehole was smart, they'd basically make them pay out the nose. Like... Minecraft money, because at this point it's trending to be worth more than Minecraft (or at least, that's my opinion), considering the explosive popularity, streaming and so on. If they were smart, they would make Microsoft at least pay all possible sales that could of happened on the PS4, which could be MASSIVE for the system. The fact that it sold over 3 million on Steam in less than one year is absolutely huge. Bluehole holds all the cards in this deals.

Also, as a side thing, I think keeping it to one console for something this massive, especially since Microsoft doesn't own the company, would be a really stupid thing for Bluehole to do.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
What all do you need to make PSVR run? I see some deals that just include the headset, while others include the headset and the camera. Is the camera necessary? Just on some games? I'd like to give it a shot, but honestly don't have a clue what to look for.

EDIT: Uggh I have freakishly long eyelashes and a giant nose. I should probably try before I buy if possible.

You need the camera for tracking the headset, I'm guessing the bundles without are for people who already had a camera. I had one but ended up with the newer one in a bundle.

Some games don't require the Move controllers, like Skyrim you can play with just the regular controller if you wanted but games where you want to move your hands around and get right into it it's best to have them. Games like Batman VR you need them, but every game shows exactly what you need for them to work before you buy them. Luckily I had two already due to buying into the Move gimmick back in the day, they finally paid off 10 years later.

The headset is really adjustable, I don't even see how a big nose could be an issue, and if you wear glasses I would imagine they would block eyelashes - I have to wear glasses due to nearsightedness when playing games and it fits fine.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
You need the camera for tracking the headset, I'm guessing the bundles without are for people who already had a camera. I had one but ended up with the newer one in a bundle.

Some games don't require the Move controllers, like Skyrim you can play with just the regular controller if you wanted but games where you want to move your hands around and get right into it it's best to have them. Games like Batman VR you need them, but every game shows exactly what you need for them to work before you buy them. Luckily I had two already due to buying into the Move gimmick back in the day, they finally paid off 10 years later.

The headset is really adjustable, I don't even see how a big nose could be an issue, and if you wear glasses I would imagine they would block eyelashes - I have to wear glasses due to nearsightedness when playing games and it fits fine.

Awesome. Thank you very much!

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I spent a bit of time on my cousin’s VR over the holidays. We both wore our glasses inside the headset no problems. My long eyelashes do smudge my glasses but your eyes kinda learn to focus beyond it and compensate or something.

Since the VR accommodates glasses I don’t think you need to worry about your eyelashes being too long.

We played Farpoint without the gun controller, and it still felt pretty good lifting the controller to aim. The game itself was a bit bland but the solid FPS and movement mechanics for VR are there.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
If Bluehole was smart, they'd basically make them pay out the nose. Like... Minecraft money, because at this point it's trending to be worth more than Minecraft (or at least, that's my opinion), considering the explosive popularity, streaming and so on. If they were smart, they would make Microsoft at least pay all possible sales that could of happened on the PS4, which could be MASSIVE for the system. The fact that it sold over 3 million on Steam in less than one year is absolutely huge. Bluehole holds all the cards in this deals.

Also, as a side thing, I think keeping it to one console for something this massive, especially since Microsoft doesn't own the company, would be a really stupid thing for Bluehole to do.

Microsoft needs their own GTA monopoly like Rockstar and Sony did with GTA over the years

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Microsoft needs to develop an interesting original IP for the first time in like 20 years.

PUBG would be a waste of money, imo. Game is basically a prototype and somebody with more talent is going to come along and make a way better/more polished version of that type of game by the end of the year. On the other side Bluehole needs to cash in with as many people as they can before the fizzle happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Even in the 360 days they were big on ports and low budget sequels on Xbox live arcade with stuff like street fighter remastered and Megaman 9, its kind of their identity the same way the Japanese import library is Sony's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad