Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You don't need to restart. There's an item past the large sewer pig (you can just run past him you don't need to kill him, though he isn't hard) that lets you buy all the starting items in the hunters dream.

The origin really doesn't matter, my only recommendation is do not level bloodtinge or arcane. Spells and guns do veeery little damage in this game. They don't have much use imo. Health, stamina, strength and skill are all you need. You don't even need stamina that bad if you use the saw weapons since they use up barely anything.

Also, learn how to parry and riposte. The first 2 out of 3 bosses become embarassingly easy if you do. Parrying, unlike other souls games is very easy here with very little risk.

Thanks for the info. I did military veteran for the highest strength and health, and I've only leveled those two since too lol.
I'll have to check out the sewer pig. It's not too expensive to buy it, is it?

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I don’t think this is super surprising news but Days Gone was confirmed to be delayed until 2019.

It's good in that this year was already looking fairly crowded even before E3 announcements, but it's bad in that it'll probably be releasing within months of TLoU now. The games are so similar that it may come back to bite a bit in sales.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Have taken the PSN freebie Bloodborne as inspiration to start playing it again.

I only have oe trophy left until I get the platinum - the one for killing the optional, deep in the dungeons boss. It's going to be quite the grind I'm sure.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

I only have oe trophy left until I get the platinum - the one for killing the optional, deep in the dungeons boss. It's going to be quite the grind I'm sure.
It really is. Remember that when you get to watchdog, equip bone ash armor, it makes his fire damage pretty trivial.

And if you have a fully upgraded threaded cane it's very effective against amygdala, it's the only weapon that can easily reach his head and chest.

Reactions: Nickmo82

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

It took me nearly two days straight to beat Watchdog and Amy...death after death after death. Their difficulty makes the final boss seem a bit trivial, but still. Easily the most satisfying Plat I've ever earned. I wish you luck!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It took me nearly two days straight to beat Watchdog and Amy...death after death after death. Their difficulty makes the final boss seem a bit trivial, but still. Easily the most satisfying Plat I've ever earned. I wish you luck!
I had the hardest time with darkbeast, I basically stunlocked Paarl he was a cakewalk but for some reason it didn't work on the one in the chalice dungeon.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So stoked for Ni No Kuni 2
Getting on the bus to head to GameStop to pick up my copy as soon as I'm out of class Friday.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

They weren't too hard, once I'd died a few times and looked around online for tips (feel free to read that as "taking the easy way out").

Just got the platinum though, so good times.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
What is Ni no Kuni except for the obvious fact that it is a JRPG, is it a great game?
I don't know if it's a great game, I can't comment on the second one since by all accounts the gameplay had a complete overhaul and all the characters are brand new, but the basic idea is that it's like an studio Ghibli videogame, and first game has absolutely fantastic animated sections and really good English voice acting. I'm not super in depth into the combat yet I'm early but from what I've heard it isn't that good.

The story in the first one is more for kids, I've heard the new one is more mature.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know if it's a great game, I can't comment on the second one since by all accounts the gameplay had a complete overhaul and all the characters are brand new, but the basic idea is that it's like an studio Ghibli videogame, and first game has absolutely fantastic animated sections and really good English voice acting. I'm not super in depth into the combat yet I'm early but from what I've heard it isn't that good.

The story in the first one is more for kids, I've heard the new one is more mature.
Interesting, thanks for your take since I am still new to the Playstation catalog for these type of games. Like I have no idea about Yakuza either until seeing a trailer for #6 last E3. A lot of this stuff is still new for me.

I love Studio Ghibli though so it might be worth chequing out after playing a bunch of games I have including when I eventually get Nier: Automata.

Curious, how good is the voice acting for Persona 5 in English? I downloaded the Japanese version and been only playing that (freakin' love it in JP, you get more originality since the game takes place in Tokyo).

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Curious, how good is the voice acting for Persona 5 in English? I downloaded the Japanese version and been only playing that (freakin' love it in JP, you get more originality since the game takes place in Tokyo).

I liked it, I thought the voices were well chosen and performed, but then again I need to understand what is being said so no way would I ever play with the original japanese voices

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

I enjoyed the first Ni No Kuni, the story like you said is definitely on the lighter side, though it did get darker towards the end. The writing and overall feel was charming and really well done. The combat was one of the weaker portions, but it wasn't terrible. I'm not a huge fan of the "collecting monsters to fight for you" subsection of JRPG's in the first place. I'm really excited for the sequel. It sounds like there's a couple unique sections of gameplay in addition to a revamping of the battle system.

It's quite good. I did my first playthrough with the Japanese voices (subtitles) and my second with the English ones. Honestly can't say I preferred one to the other, although there are times background voices aren't translated using the Japanese voices where I can't understand what's being said. Counteracted by the advantage of being more immersed in the location of the game using the Japanese voices, as you said.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Been playing so much Persona 5 lately, what an amazing game. Picked up a bunch of random ps4 games over the past year, just waiting til I beat P5 to play them

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
P5 Japanese dub is definitely better, but it's not localized the best in some spots. A couple of story central moments with no subtitles.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
P5 Japanese dub is definitely better, but it's not localized the best in some spots. A couple of story central moments with no subtitles.

As an English guy living in Japan, I heartily agree. Hearing the Japanese names etc in an over the top sickly sweet American accent was horrendous.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I could see myself doing a 3rd playthrough of Persona 5 one day.

I'm currently at the point though where I don't feel like playing much. I'm just waiting for Ni No Kuni II to come out on Friday and then only play that for quite a while.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I have A Way Out ready to go for Friday. Then FarCry 5 on Tuesday. Ni No Kuni is on the list but going to wait abit.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
I just can't finish Persona 5. I'm burned out on the final palace with over 80 hours into it. Great game but holy shit is it long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad