Post-Game Talk: "Someone create a post-game thread please."

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really thought our team looked good. It is mind numbing to me that Postman has not been on our bottom pair more this season? He isn't the second coming or anything but I firmly believe he is our 5th best D man. Very good team compete level and nice structure just getting the bad puck last night.

At the end of the day Pavs and Hutch are pretty much having a combined .900 season and that with our penalties is enough to sink any ship.

At least I feel like we are getting allot of quality minutes for our young players and that is a slim silver lining.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This will yield future success if the goaltending gets fixed.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Really thought our team looked good. It is mind numbing to me that Postman has not been on our bottom pair more this season? He isn't the second coming or anything but I firmly believe he is our 5th best D man. Very good team compete level and nice structure just getting the bad puck last night.

At the end of the day Pavs and Hutch are pretty much having a combined .900 season and that with our penalties is enough to sink any ship.

At least I feel like we are getting allot of quality minutes for our young players and that is a slim silver lining.

If the team played like this in front of Helly we would have gone 4-2 over the last 6 games. I know now why the decision was made to send him down to the AHL.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If the team played like this in front of Helly we would have gone 4-2 over the last 6 games. I know now why the decision was made to send him down to the AHL.

Kept with the theme of taking one step back.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Jets have been really unlucky this year. They will come back strong next year, with the help of a Mathews or Finn

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
It's like the hockey gods want us to tank. Yet another game where we deserved a better fate. Crazy bounce and weak goaltending the downfall.
I'm thinking the same thing.

Same. Looking at the standings it's suspicious to me how all Canadian teams occupy the last 10 spots and all are out of the playoffs. Putting my cynical hat on, I swear this is engineered not by hockey Gods but by an unscrupulous business minded league dictator determined to "grow" the game viewership with Stanley cup matches between Californian and New York teams. if so, what underhanded methods is he using to achieve this outcome? (Rhetorical question - I don't know how)

Derfel*

Kudos to Okposo for being concerned about Ehlers and not celebrating the goal and ignoring him. Classy player.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
wade flaherty ?

X2

Just like Vincent, I think the Jets are addicted to the same old ..same old. Just like we hung onto Noel for way too long, we're hanging onto everyone who doesn't rock the boat - players & management alike.

We really need an independent hockey mind in here to counter the thoughts of Chevy, Mo, Chipman, etc. who are prone to get in a rut & not really explore alternatives.

Last edited:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Don't think Flaherty is an issue at all actually. Think the issue is that PAV and Hutch just aren't that good. Pav is what he is. Hutch is also. You can teach them all you want but if they keep letting in that 1 bad goal a game, what can you do really? I don't see how you can blame the goalie coach for the goalies not being good. They just aren't good.

Some talk that Pav is unteachable, Hutch? I don't know what his issue is exactly, he looks great at times but then looks like crap at other times... It just tells me, since both Pav and Hutch are inconsistent that they just aren't that good.

Did Flaherty also not work with Schneider when he was here? It's amazing how a good goalie makes a goalie coach look good and bad ones make a goalie coach look bad.

Pav sucks, Hutch isn't much better. Not much Flaherty could do really in my opinion. Perhaps Flaherty is actually getting the best he can out of both Pav and Hutch. Who knows.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
WHat was it I saw about two brothers that were goalie coaches in the NHL? One was with Chicago and then either him or the other went to Montreal and Price went on to have his MVP season? Coaches can make a HUGE difference IMO.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Yeah but Carey Price is an elite goalie and has been for a long time. It's not the same. The brother that went to Montreal had the better goalie to work with.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't think Flaherty is an issue at all actually. Think the issue is that PAV and Hutch just aren't that good. Pav is what he is. Hutch is also. You can teach them all you want but if they keep letting in that 1 bad goal a game, what can you do really? I don't see how you can blame the goalie coach for the goalies not being good. They just aren't good.

Some talk that Pav is unteachable, Hutch? I don't know what his issue is exactly, he looks great at times but then looks like crap at other times... It just tells me, since both Pav and Hutch are inconsistent that they just aren't that good.

Did Flaherty also not work with Schneider when he was here? It's amazing how a good goalie makes a goalie coach look good and bad ones make a goalie coach look bad.

Pav sucks, Hutch isn't much better. Not much Flaherty could do really in my opinion. Perhaps Flaherty is actually getting the best he can out of both Pav and Hutch. Who knows.

Rick St. Croix was Moose goalie coach when Schneider was here. Flaherty played for the Moose for 3 seasons, but never with Schneider. He was hired as the Blackhawks Developmental Goaltending Coach in 2009 (Chicago's Head Goaltending Coach was Stephane Waite - who's now with the Habs). The Jets hired Flaherty in 2011 to be Goaltending Coach. It's his first NHL coaching gig.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
^^^

Stephane and Jimmy Waite?

UKJ

Yep! Thanks! At least I think that sounds right. :laugh:

Yeah but Carey Price is an elite goalie and has been for a long time. It's not the same. The brother that went to Montreal had the better goalie to work with.

Give me a break. It doesn't fit your point so it doesn't count? :laugh: Price went from being a great goalie to the best player in the world. There is clear evidence of his goalie coach having a positive impact on his play and his resume speaks for itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad