OT: Sochi 2014 Olympics - Hockey Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
The americans have a strong ass team even without ryan or yandle.

I think they'd be better with both players, but whatever. Good for the Senators and Coyotes.

No question Yandle and Ryan should have been on it imo, I thought they were locks even...Ryan is most likely a top 5 American right now for active players (didn't check the numbers).

As Canadians, the only bright side to this for us is that Canada will have an easier competition with Ryan off the roster.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You still owe me a shinny Penny!

Shiny-Penny-Tour-Day.jpg

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well it looks like the only sens player to make the olympics is karlsson.

But i would not be surprised if he is snubbed as well being that the olympic committee just hates the ottawa senators.

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
Czech Republic

Hudler - Krejci - Jagr
Hertl - Elias - Voracek
Fleischmann - Hanzal - Vrbata
Michalek - Plekanec - Frolik
Sobotka - Hemsky

Smid - Michalek
Hejda - Zidlicky
Kindl - Gudas
Klesla - Polak

Pavelec
Neuvirth
Mazanec

Well, almost.

I expect like 5-6 guys from Europe. There definitely won't be Mazanec (not on preliminary roster) and Hertl (injured), It has been hinted that Neuvirth and Vrbata won't go as well.

I am not sure that our head coach knows that Neuvirth is actually Czech, because he literally never mentioned him in roster talks, be it for World Championship or Olympics. And why not Vrbata (only 4th best Czech scorer this season)? Apparently he wasn't good enough at last WC, yep, that is a reason here :laugh:.

My wild guess

Jagr - Plekanec - Elias
Voráček - Krejčí - Hudler
Michálek - Hanzal - Sobotka
Havlát - Červenka - Jan Kovář (3rd in KHL scoring)

Smid - Michalek
Hejda - Zidlicky
Čáslava - Gudas
Krajicek/Kaberle - Polak

Pavelec
Salák
Jakub Kovář

tldr
what is important for Sens fans I think Michalek has like 90% chance to play in Sochi. He represented on WCs (important thing), played always well in national team and he is not old.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I do kind of understand why bishop was left off the roster. He still is somewhat unproven on whether he can handle the pressure of playoffs/tournaments.

The three goalies they chose at least has some experience of being in these type of do or die situations.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Ok Goalie in front of a great Team, and it came down to OT

I have much more confidence in Price :yo:

It going to OT isn't really on Luongo, it's on Miller for being MVP for the US. Don't think it's fair to say Luongo is ok, he's pretty good - just not elite.

I agree that Price should be starter, just don't see why Luongo should be left off the team.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Let's not put all the blame or Burke here, as classless as his comments toward Bobby are.....it sounds like the comments from Poile that it was a pretty overwhelming decision. He said that when he brought up selecting Ryan to his selection team, they all raised their hands to say they have an issue with his skating and "hustle"

Really does go to show you that it's not all about the stats. Still a truly awful decision, but I do understand how the selection process works and it just sounds like they wanted to go with a different type of player (Pacioretty, Wheeler, Oshie)

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
Milan Michálek officially in. Whole Czech roster.

G: Ondřej Pavelec (Winnipeg/NHL), Jakub Kovář (Jekatěrinburg/KHL), Alexander Salák (Petrohrad/KHL)

D: Radko Gudas (Tampa/NHL), Zbyněk Michálek (Phoenix/NHL), Michal Rozsíval (Chicago/NHL), Ladislav Å míd (Calgary/NHL), Marek Židlický (New Jersey/NHL), Michal Barinka (Vítkovice), Tomáš Kaberle (Kladno), Lukáš Krajíček (Minsk/KHL)

F: Patrik Eliáš (New Jersey/NHL), Michael Frolík (Winnipeg/NHL), Martin Hanzal (Phoenix/NHL), AleÅ¡ Hemský (Edmonton/NHL), Jaromír Jágr (New Jersey/NHL), David Krejčí (Boston/NHL), Milan Michálek (Ottawa/NHL), Ondřej Palát (Tampa/NHL), Tomáš Plekanec (Montreal/NHL), Vladimír Sobotka (St. Louis/NHL), Jakub Voráček (Philadelphia/NHL), Roman Červenka (Petrohrad/KHL), Petr Nedvěd (Liberec), Jiří Novotný (Lev/KHL).

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
I was selfishly hoping he wouldn't make the Czech team and would have the better part of three weeks to rest his knees and get ready to the stretch run. Ah well...

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Is the Michal Barinka that made this Czech team the same Michal Barinka that the Sens acquired in the Havlat deal? I wonder if the Sens still own his NHL rights?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Milan Michálek officially in. Whole Czech roster.

G: Ondřej Pavelec (Winnipeg/NHL), Jakub Kovář (Jekatěrinburg/KHL), Alexander Salák (Petrohrad/KHL)

D: Radko Gudas (Tampa/NHL), Zbyněk Michálek (Phoenix/NHL), Michal Rozsíval (Chicago/NHL), Ladislav Å míd (Calgary/NHL), Marek Židlický (New Jersey/NHL), Michal Barinka (Vítkovice), Tomáš Kaberle (Kladno), Lukáš Krajíček (Minsk/KHL)

F: Patrik Eliáš (New Jersey/NHL), Michael Frolík (Winnipeg/NHL), Martin Hanzal (Phoenix/NHL), AleÅ¡ Hemský (Edmonton/NHL), Jaromír Jágr (New Jersey/NHL), David Krejčí (Boston/NHL), Milan Michálek (Ottawa/NHL), Ondřej Palát (Tampa/NHL), Tomáš Plekanec (Montreal/NHL), Vladimír Sobotka (St. Louis/NHL), Jakub Voráček (Philadelphia/NHL), Roman Červenka (Petrohrad/KHL), Petr Nedvěd (Liberec), Jiří Novotný (Lev/KHL).

Nedved but not Hudler??!?! WHAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
Is the Michal Barinka that made this Czech team the same Michal Barinka that the Sens acquired in the Havlat deal? I wonder if the Sens still own his NHL rights?

Yes, he is. He will also be the worst D in the whole tournament. Mark my words.

Vrbata is out, because he sucked at last world championship, so our coach had concern about his play on bigger ice :shakehead

Our coach said that it was between Hudler and Hemský, and he took Hemský, because he is a better skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad