OT: Sochi 2014 Olympics - Hockey Discussion Thread Part II

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm wondering where the nay sayers & unpatriotic Canadian fans are now on this Forum???? :rant:

They seem to be pretty quiet since their loom & doom prediction of Canada losing to USA! :handclap:

lol, how many times have you seen a team dominate a game, only to lose by a fluky goal? Happens a lot. We're not going to win against Sweden by another 1-0 score.

My prediction: We'll need to put up 3 goals to win the golden game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Really hate that the game is at 7:00 am. Is there a restaurant or public place that people can gather to watch the game? I believe CTC had it during last Olympics if I recall correctly.

Stop complaining. The game is on at 4 a.m. over here on the west coast.

TheRobinGoblin

May 15, 2013
Uppsala
Maybe not nothing but given the injuries they've had, they wouldn't be where they are now without EK.
Sure, just saying that it doesn't only come down to one player. Last game for example, he scored the GWG but I would also say that just as important was Sweden's PK unit. In my eyes those guys were just as good as EK. And we all know that EK is not that strong on the defense.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson is the straw that stirs Sweden's offense. We've seen that so far.

Backstrom's line is only good line clicking offensively when Karlsson is not on the ice.

Ask USA, you can PK all you want but you gotta score.

littleD

I think Rob Ford was one of only four people to vote against extending hours in Toronto, mostly because the motion didn't include nightclubs lol.

TSN 1200 had a city councillor on yesterday to explain it. Basically, if well before the Olympics started, a bunch of the bars in the city could have gotten together to ask council to support them to the AGCO to extend hours for certain days. This is what happens on Canada Day.

As it stands now, individual bars/restaurants are trying for last minute exemptions.

I'd love to watch the game in a crowd of people somewhere downtown, but doubt I could make it anywhere on the bus that early. Besides, probably have to lineup at 5am.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I'm wondering where the nay sayers & unpatriotic Canadian fans are now on this Forum???? :rant:

They seem to be pretty quiet since their loom & doom prediction of Canada losing to USA! :handclap:

I was one of those naysayers, but it is not totally unwarranted. Be honest with yourself, Canada before playing the US was not having a good tournament whereas the US were doing very well. Canada couldn't score and Price looked shaky on a lot of shots. Hardly unpatriotic to think that they might lose against a high scoring American team with a better goaltender. I'm glad to be proven wrong but if anyone hear says they had complete faith in this team to win that game is delusional.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I was one of those naysayers, but it is not totally unwarranted. Be honest with yourself, Canada before playing the US was not having a good tournament whereas the US were doing very well. Canada couldn't score and Price looked shaky on a lot of shots. Hardly unpatriotic to think that they might lose against a high scoring American team with a better goaltender. I'm glad to be proven wrong but if anyone hear says they had complete faith in this team to win that game is delusional.

You are literally Hitler, apparently.

HOW DARE you bring analysis into a hockey game.

littleD

My prediction for tomorrow is that the final will be an awful hockey game, on par with that Finland-Sweden thing (can't call that hockey) from yesterday.

Karlsson will be a non-factor because the Swedes will again use him in their 3rd pairing, getting less than 15 minutes of ice time. St. Louis, Hamhuis, Ekman-Larsson again have zero shifts.

2-1 for somebody.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Good chance it will be a low scoring game. The fact that the offensive zones are smaller by length encourages teams to look like the 98 buffalo sabers. Finland, Latvia, USA, Swiss, etc..

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Lets go Finland!!

I'd like to see Brian Burke in the stands again after a another loss.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Haha, how the tables have turned!

Here in Indonesia, it's a prime time start... 7PM!!!

Haha, that's awesome.

I look forward to enjoying a 7:00am brew while watching our boys :nod:

Lets go Finland!!

I'd like to see Brian Burke in the stands again after a another loss.

I'd love to know what would be running through Ryan's mind if the States were to lose today.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I was one of those naysayers, but it is not totally unwarranted. I'm glad to be proven wrong but if anyone hear says they had complete faith in this team to win that game is delusional.

Good for you to be stepping up. I was, and still have complete Faith. That game was a N.A. game, and as well as USA play's, they are playin' our style of Hockey, not theirs.

Now I was REALLY talking about some folks who actually came out and said they were unpatriotic. Seriously ???

That really yanks my chain. Used the word Yank there....:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad