Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Very well taken Goal for Alphonso Davies of the Whitecaps in a MOTM performance in the CCL Quarter final against the NY Redbull

Crazy how he's become one of the Whitecaps best players so quickly and he doesn't even turn 17 till next season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Have watched a bunch of Alphonso Davies...he's really impressive for his age and has potential to be an actual star I think. Needs the right coaching and development, but the MLS might be the perfect place for him to turn into a 'big fish' and gain the confidence to take the next step later on.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Have watched a bunch of Alphonso Davies...he's really impressive for his age and has potential to be an actual star I think. Needs the right coaching and development, but the MLS might be the perfect place for him to turn into a 'big fish' and gain the confidence to take the next step later on.

Yes he isn't an elite prospect "for the MLS" or "for canada" he's one of the best U18 players in the world

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The CONCACAF U20 Championship tournament is taking place the next few weeks.

There is an obvious lack of big names on the US team. All the noticeable names playing in Europe that people know aren't on the roster, almost all of them being a case of their club team not releasing them.

The US team has the chance to be very strong down the middle, the team is iffy at the full-back and wing positions. The top US players to watch out for are Erik Palmer-Brown, Justen Glad and Jeremy Ebobisse. Palmer-Brown is probably the only really big name among the group. He's the captain, and maybe the best player at the tournament, certainly the US nominee for that title going into the tournament. He's a center-back by trade, but there have been rumors that he'll play as a defensive midfielder. Glad is also a center-back. He just completed a very successful season in 2016 with RSL in MLS where he started nearly all their games. He reads the game very well and is quick. Very reliable player. Ebobisse will be counted on for the goals, and he's produced them playing for the U20's since this group started playing for the U20's. He's a good goal scorer who can do all that is required of a CF.

USA won this tournament in PK's over Honduras after losing the first game of the tournament. They rattled off 5 wins in a row after that only giving up three goals over those five games to win the tournament. Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras also qualify for the U20 World Cup. The Golden Boot went to Ronaldo Cisneros of Mexico with 6. USA's leading scorer was Brooks Lennon was 4, he was tied second in the Golden Boot standings. Klinsmann Jr. won the Golden Glove. Erik Palmer-Brown won the Golden Ball. The USA should now get to bring a lot of European based players to the final tournament in May. Most were unavailable for the qualifying tournament.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
I know he's not officially a Canadian citizen but I assume that's in the plans?

Yes, He has been contacted by the CSA and they are speeding up his citizenship application, as there are complications with his parents immigration paperwork, and he falls under them.

Luckily the only other NT he is eligible for is Liberia, but he will be a Capped CMNT player soon

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
RB Salzburg continue their run in the Youth League, making a comeback to beat Barcelona 2-1. They will play the winner of Real Madrid and Benfica in the final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Stupid ignorant french media are hyping Sanson like crazy since he's signed for OM, saying he's the best thing since sliced bread.
OMG he's great!
Well DUH! For how many years have I told everyone? It's as if a player can only be good if he plays for Paris, Marseille, Lyon or Monaco.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Stupid ignorant french media are hyping Sanson like crazy since he's signed for OM, saying he's the best thing since sliced bread.
OMG he's great!
Well DUH! For how many years have I told everyone? It's as if a player can only be good if he plays for Paris, Marseille, Lyon or Monaco.

You should work for french media

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha Carine Galli just said this morning PSG should try to target the Europa League....lol
Carine they don't PLAY the EL!

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
OMG he's great!
You seem triggered. Nobody talk about him outside France. The only names people outside France are talking about right now are all Monaco players.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappé first player of the 21st century to reach 14 goals in a major league at age 18.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's right though.
Didn't mean he wasn't. I mean it's terrible in today's world that a guy like Sanson, who's been good for a while now gets "discovered" by the french media when he signs (and performs) with OM and is unknown abroad.
And I'm sure plenty of CLUBS don't know who he is since he signed for OM for such a low fee.
It's like they don't even watch the games that concern other teams.
There really is a big scouting problem (like I said about Mbappé previously).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Watching the u23s a lot it's hard to say who has a higher ceiling between Brewster and Woodburn. One thing is for sure though they both can be world class players if their development continues as it has. The work rate, intelligence and skill all seem to be there for both of them. I think Woodburn is smarter and better suited to midfield but Brewster has the more imposing physical gifts. Both extremely exciting talents, and they link up wonderfully together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad