Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wouldn't it make more sense to judge it by the placement of each players foremost foot? In other words, the defenders foot closest to his own net is the offsides line and the attacker cant have their foremost foot past that line.

That way you don't have guys offsides because of a hand or nose but it doesn't have to be this extreme?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Wouldn't it make more sense to judge it by the placement of each players foremost foot? In other words, the defenders foot closest to his own net is the offsides line and the attacker cant have their foremost foot past that line.

That way you don't have guys offsides because of a hand or nose but it doesn't have to be this extreme?

The only problem with that is that you can score with your knee, your head, etc. - so the most ideal way to do it is the way they are speaking about, especially since it promotes offense.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The only problem with that is that you can score with your knee, your head, etc. - so the most ideal way to do it is the way they are speaking about, especially since it promotes offense.
Personally, I don’t think that matters since offsides is about making sure the attacker doesn’t get a head start, which is really just about their feet.

If they score off their head or knee, but their feet were on the correct side, I think that’s fine.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
@Jack Straw
20240319_173623.jpg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well, obviously. But theres so many other more interesting things to watch.

Grass grow.
Paint dry.
Water in a cup.
Tied it in the 95th minute lol

Frustrating, but at least it's not boring.

The 5-back, time-wasting, premature-celebrating, rats got what they deserved.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Canada avoids another national embarrassment and beats Trinidad & Tobago to qualify for Copa America... where they'll open the tournament vs Argentina.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Xabi announces he’s staying at Leverkusen. Despite all the speculation about Bayern or Liverpool (or Madrid), I always though it made sense for him to stay for at least one more year. He’s young, the opportunities at “big” clubs will come, but he’s built something special at Leverkusen and why not see it through at least for a CL run. And (assuming no catastrophe this season) try to defend the Bundesliga title next season.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Xabi announces he’s staying at Leverkusen. Despite all the speculation about Bayern or Liverpool (or Madrid), I always though it made sense for him to stay for at least one more year. He’s young, the opportunities at “big” clubs will come, but he’s built something special at Leverkusen and why not see it through at least for a CL run. And (assuming no catastrophe this season) try to defend the Bundesliga title next season.

Yeah, I thought it would take an immense offer for Liverpool to get him, and I didnt see gim going to Bayern after (presumably) winning the league with Bayer.

I think it was always Liverpoool or stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad