Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's almost like the Prem spends more than all of the other major leagues combined. :laugh:

I gotta admit I think this AC Milan team is pretty likable. I hope they do well.
Too bad everyone got hurt (again) earlier in the year. Still probably would have lost out to Inter for the title but it would have at least been interesting. They need another attacker. Giroud is still productive but a bit limited at this stage. Need someone that can play somewhere close to Leao's pace.

Reactions: Striiker

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's almost like the Prem spends more than all of the other major leagues combined. :laugh:

Too bad everyone got hurt (again) earlier in the year. Still probably would have lost out to Inter for the title but it would have at least been interesting. They need another attacker. Giroud is still productive but a bit limited at this stage. Need someone that can play somewhere close to Leao's pace.

The prem spends more because it makes more... because more people are willing to watch it.

One can reasonably assume more people watch it because....unsurprisingly...it's the best league in the world.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The prem spends more because it makes more... because more people are willing to watch it.

One can reasonably assume more people watch it because....unsurprisingly...it's the best league in the world.
Whatever helps you cope with being in 11th place.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

My team currently sucking and the prem being a superior league to Serie A are two wildly different things, and separate matters altogether.

I've accepted my team is garbage right now. You should do the same with your league.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

My team currently sucking and the prem being a superior league to Serie A are two wildly different things, and separate matters altogether.

I've accepted my team is garbage right now. You should do the same with your league.
IMG_2815.jpeg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@BigToe

I don’t know if this is true, but if it is I’d be thrilled from a Dortmund fan perspective… so take that as a warning for your side. :laugh:

I constantly bitch and whine about coaches needing to give kids more time... but this guy has me saying the opposite. He's only 19 so I won't pretend to know what he'll be in 5 years, but he's consistently frustrating to watch and I'd be happy to see his time given to someone else. He's pretty quick and a very confident/flashy dribbler, but over and over and over again he makes the wrong decisions and ends up giving away possession. He doesn't pass until its way too late (if at all) and takes horrible shots (one of the lowest power shots I've seen too). He drives me insane.

• Wow
Reactions: BigToe

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Cavan Sullivan to Man City - only 14, but really, really disappointed as a Union fan not to be able to see him play for even one season with the Union.

It's also getting really, really old to sell these promising young players (McKenzie, B Aaronson, P Aaronson, etc...) and see $0 reinvested into the first team squad.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Cavan Sullivan to Man City - only 14, but really, really disappointed as a Union fan not to be able to see him play for even one season with the Union.

It's also getting really, really old to sell these promising young players (McKenzie, B Aaronson, P Aaronson, etc...) and see $0 reinvested into the first team squad.

New to the MLS eh?

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan