Rumor: Sobotka + other blues

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Sobotka good player and I figure his game translates well into playoffs

Stern always kills the Canucks

Berglund doesn’t really impress me when I watch him.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Who do blues fans think need to go? Sobotka ufa?
Sobotka and maybe Gunnarson make the most sense. Berglund, Steen, and Bouwmeester's contracts make them unlikely to move, not sure if the Blues are in a position to retain much money either. Other smaller pieces like Jaskin, Upshall, Brodziak, Borts could be had.

Stastny is tricky, he is an expiring, but as bad as we have been playing, we are still just a couple of points put of the playoffs.

Last edited:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
In the right role, yes. He's injured though. Same with Edmundson. Bouwmeester too, but we keep playing him injured.

Would Edmundson be available? If not, I wouldnt mind leafs picking up Bortuzzo as a cheap depth option.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Would Edmundson be available? If not, I wouldnt mind leafs picking up Bortuzzo as a cheap depth option.
Edmundson is out for 6 weeks with a broken arm. He's not available unless it is an extreme overpayment as he's our best LHD along side Petro.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013

Bo honestly would probably be more available than Ed. Borts might be cheap...he's been very solid as a 3rd pairing rhd.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
What a joke of a team. We’re in first for most of season now out of playoffs

They need to blow it so bad
There is definitely something wrong with the Blues right now. Watched their last 2 shut out losses and they look terrible from the goaltender out. Hard to understand?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Both Eddy and Bortz play a very physical role on our defense. Bortz could be replaced by Schmaltz, but with Eddy out, our only recourse would be our defense would have to hit players with their purses as they skated past them.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Colton Parayko
for
Timmy Liljegren
James VanRiemsdyk
1st

Rielly - - - Parayko
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

Not available, and not close.

Sobotka, 2018 1st, Kyrou for JVR @50%

Yeah sure makes a lot of sense on our end :sarcasm:

I think they want to make a push and are the dark horse for EK, plus have a great prospect pool

This makes legitimately no sense.

Eddy more than likely is not available. We are struggling to ice a competent LHD outside of Vince Dunn who is a rookie. Bort I'm not too sure as to what there plans are for him. I'd be willing to believe if Borts time table is reasonably close Schmaltz is much more likely to move.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
What range of pick would you be looking for? Would a 4th be too low?

4th would be fair. Maybe make it conditional that it could be a 3rd if Leafs make it to the conference finals and Bortuzzo plays at least 6 playoff games.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Both Eddy and Bortz play a very physical role on our defense. Bortz could be replaced by Schmaltz, but with Eddy out, our only recourse would be our defense would have to hit players with their purses as they skated past them.

What about if you guys bring back Roman Polak in the deal? Polak + 4th for Bortuzzo?

I'm assuming Bortuzzo is better than Polak, but you guys get a pick out of the deal and get a player who atleast can fill a body until this season's end until his contract expires. You can play him if you guys need physicality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad