Speculation: So who does Seattle flip?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
They have a good blue line. That forward group is a dumpster fire though. Some of their picks were real head scratchers. Appleton, Tanev and someone will make a nice hard match up grouping, but Eberle hasn't scored even 60 points in years and is probably their best offensive guy.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I could see the Canucks and Seattle strike a trade of Nate Schmidt for a younger forward and younger defenceman.

VAN: Schmidt
SEA: One forward (Appleton/Bastian/Blackwell) + One defenseman (Dunn/H.Fleury/Lauzon/Borgen/Cholowski)
Or, maybe Seattle decides not to make any deal with a divisional rival at all?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I could see the Canucks and Seattle strike a trade of Nate Schmidt for a younger forward and younger defenceman.

VAN: Schmidt
SEA: One forward (Appleton/Bastian/Blackwell) + One defenseman (Dunn/H.Fleury/Lauzon/Borgen/Cholowski)
Or, maybe Seattle decides not to make any deal with a divisional rival at all?
So a guy you got for a 3rd round pick, that has publicly asked to be traded, is going to land the Canucks a decent forward AND a good D?

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
The thing that people don't realize is that when Vegas picked their team it looked pretty bad at first. But you have to account for players being given an opportunity they never had before and emerging as a top 4 dman or top 6 forward. Maybe Dunn emerges like Theodore did, maybe Appleton or Geekie does what William Karlsson did. You don't know who the guy is gonna be, but there are still trades and UFAs to be had before we really see the roster take shape. I do think they made mistakes on some of the picks, but maybe there were some deals that we don't know about yet.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I don’t think anyone immediately, but sure they will at the TDL. I think Francis blew the draft to be honest. The team does not look good IMO.

The roster is not set. They can still make trades and there’s free agency. Lots of work still to do for Francis and his staff.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
seattle picked up a ton of d's and w's and noc c's (gourde and true). some of the w's can play c, if needed. still if there were no side deals to acquire more c's, the kraken's need is quite obvious.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
So a guy you got for a 3rd round pick, that has publicly asked to be traded, is going to land the Canucks a decent forward AND a good D?

Schmidt was worth more than Vegas offloaded him for. Circumstances then don't dictate price now.

I once bought a trailer full of grass sod for $50 from a truck that has broken down on the side of the road and needed it offloaded to bring the truck into the shop. That doesn't mean that I can go back to that company and buy that sod for the same price.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad