Speculation: So who does Seattle flip?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So the expansion draft is done and the roster is picked, but we know some of those guys are going to get flipped, just like Vegas did 4 years ago.

A couple guys that come to mind for me are Donskoi and Dunn, maybe not Dunn because he's an RFA, but I do wonder about Donskoi because unlike most of the other big plicks Donskoi wasn't there, Eberelo was, Giordano was, Dridger was, Tanev was, but not Donskoi makes me wonder if he's in the long term plans.

Who do you think Seattle flips?

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Looks like a terrible team. I absolutely thought they would choose more NHL players.

Could change yet...a combination of splurging in free agency and taking on some dumps for assets seems to be the overall strategy. Whether this was the best strategy is TBD.

Also we don’t have access to health records which likely stopped them from selecting a few of the big name guys e.g. Tarasenko

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Could change yet...a combination of splurging in free agency and taking on some dumps for assets seems to be the overall strategy. Whether this was the best strategy is TBD.

Also we don’t have access to health records which likely stopped them from selecting a few of the big name guys e.g. Tarasenko

Well I guess I was referring to the comment made by Ron Francis after the expansion draft was over where he said something like "There's not gonna be as many trades as you guys are expecting"

Which makes no sense considering he chose like half AHL'rs

Reactions: Shad and uncleben

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think they will flip any of the players that were at that photo op at the expansion draft.

That's kinda dickish to have a player (and presumably their families) fly out to your city, put on your jersey, introduce them to your fans, and them flip them in a trade a few days later.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Looking at this team, with the Gourde injury also, seems like they want to tank for 2022 and 2023 drafts.

Everything can change if they sign a few key UFAs though.

I am surprised to learn that no side deals had been made to dictate their draft choices (LA, CBJ, PHI, TBL choices among others are puzzling in this regard)

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't think they will flip any of the players that were at that photo op at the expansion draft.

That's kinda dickish to have a player (and presumably their families) fly out to your city, put on your jersey, introduce them to your fans, and them flip them in a trade a few days later.
Ron Francis dicked over the 4,000,000 people residing in the greater Seattle area with his picks tonight.

Saucechucker99

Feb 10, 2008
I don’t think anyone immediately, but sure they will at the TDL. I think Francis blew the draft to be honest. The team does not look good IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad