Line Combos: So who are our starters?!!?

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Can you imagine Kadri and Komarov playing together? The opponent's would be going out of their minds trying to kill these guys.

We would draw a lot of penalties. :laugh:
I think it would be best if we have fighters playing on defence when that line is up. We don't want Kadri or Komarov getting injured. (Phaneuf/Fraser)

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
We would draw a lot of penalties. :laugh:
I think it would be best if we have fighters playing on defence when that line is up. We don't want Kadri or Komarov getting injured. (Phaneuf/Fraser)

Phaneuf is too valuable on the ice to be used in such a role. If he can take Crosby to the box with him for 5 mins, then fine, but not some random scrub.

Your point is valid, otherwise. Fraser may very well be worth keeping as a spare for this purpose.

Mojo19

Loyal since 1987
Dec 29, 2006
Nova Scotia
How good is Leo Komarov?

Also... pretty refreshing not to see Tim Connolly or Matthew Lombardi in the lineup. Always liked Lombardi, but Connolly never struck me as a 100% every game kind of guy.

Last edited:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur
JVR - Kadri - Komarov
Orr - McClement - Brown/Steckel

That's two youths inserted into the lineup right away with Komarov and Kadri and I'm content with that.

I've never been big on MacArthur, even if he gets his 20 goals and I hope he is dealt mid-season for either a promotion from within or we acquire a 2nd line upgrade.

I understand we need a 1st line C but we also need an upgrade on our 2nd line and those are more realistic moves to make.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00