So when are people gonna start talking about Zach Hyman?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I took him in my pool from a box of 6 top scoring wingers. I've been talking about him for sometime. He's a gem.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
McDavid makes those around him better. Matthews not so much
...except Hyman got the current contract because he had the chance to play with Matthews and Marner.
Interesting his goals go up so much with McDavid and not Matthews
Seriously? Lol. One is primarily a goal scorer, the other primarily a playmaker. Doesn't take rocket appliances to realize why his goals might have gone up in Edmonton.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
People will talk about him when he's not producing and underperforming.....just look around this website....most of us are assholes

Reactions: Duke74

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Good player, but just like RNH's 100-point season it's more a product of insane linemates turning a 30-goal scorer into a 50-goal scorer.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Nothing to talk about. He is the product of McDavid. Not very impressive but good for him I suppose.
Tell me you don’t watch the Oilers play without telling me. He is doing pretty impressive things, does he benefit from having Mcdavid on his line? Yes. Is Mcdavid benefiting from having Hyman on his line? Arguably yes. It’s symbiotic.

Mcdavid is not having the type of year he normally has been having, it’s been impressive, but not as dominant. Hyman cleaning up a lot of stuff around the net at a rate Mcdavid has never had on his line before has been great. Hyman is probably the hardest working oilers this year o also.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No because they actually said that the dollar amount isn't the problem, but the last 2-3 years of that contract will be rough when he's 35+, guys who play like him generally fall off badly at that age. He's absolutely worth 5.5, maybe more, it was always the term that sucked.
1. That isn’t true.

And

2. Who cares? How much would you give to have Hyman right now instead of Bertuzzi?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No he's not. You're looking at his stats with McDavid. They routinely put them back together (like last game) where his points shoot up.

Then, when they're separated people pretend like he's never played with McDavid all season.

With McDavid out of the lineup, Draisaitl has 51 points in 50 games.
I’m assuming this is including the like 37 games he played as a rookie when he wasn’t ready for the NHL?

What a wildly misleading stat if it is.

Reactions: Duke74

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
Tell me you don’t watch the Oilers play without telling me. He is doing pretty impressive things, does he benefit from having Mcdavid on his line? Yes. Is Mcdavid benefiting from having Hyman on his line? Arguably yes. It’s symbiotic.

Mcdavid is not having the type of year he normally has been having, it’s been impressive, but not as dominant. Hyman cleaning up a lot of stuff around the net at a rate Mcdavid has never had on his line before has been great. Hyman is probably the hardest working oilers this year o also.
I watched him for 6 seasons with the Leafs. He is incredibly average. Put my 172 year old grandmother on a line with McDavid and she would score 40+ goals too and there would be threads on hfboards "Grandma better than Gretzky!"

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I watched him for 6 seasons with the Leafs. He is incredibly average. Put my 172 year old grandmother on a line with McDavid and she would score 40+ goals too and there would be threads on hfboards "Grandma better than Gretzky!"
Ok, put the drink down and you will think straighter. I could care less what he did or didn’t do in the leafs, he is very far from average. Nobody who has gotten a chance to play with Mcdavid has produced like this, it’s not an automatic thing.

God why did I even waste typing those characters…

Reactions: Sweetpotato

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Always have had a lot of time for Hyman. Recall defending him early in his career. He was always a good player, good to see him unleashed now that he is surrounded by better playmaking Centers in Edmonton. 5.5 was a bargain for his character, the guy is a puck hound and finisher. To think he was one Toronto player willing to take a home discount, and was still let go by the free spending Dubas. Way to go Zack! Would take him on my team 7 days a week and twice on Sunday's.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Hyman was the only bright spot during the start of the season for EDM when apparently McDavid was overrated. Most of these takes that he is a product of McDavid are just pure trash.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Human’s a beast. Him and Panarin have been the best UFA signings in recent memory. Edmonton got a f***ing bargain.

He’d be the second best player on Toronto. Matthews is still better, but man, Toronto needs a playmaking C that makes everyone around him better.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Was really hoping he got to 50 today in Toronto would have been nice for him. I'm pretty sure everyone talking about him as well awesome story kid can play and absolute heart and soul type player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad