So when are people gonna start talking about Zach Hyman?

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
5 out of the last 6 years he scored 20+ goals and that 6th year(with the leafs? he has 15 goals in 43 games, for just a hair under a 30 goal season

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I loved Zach when he was a Leaf. I wanted to keep him.

I'm glad he's having so much success with Edmonton. He deserves it. He's seriously underrated based on the chatter on HF. He might not be a 50 goal threat every year. But he'll give top effort, you can be sure of that.

He does get overlooked a bit playing with McDavid. Nothing wrong with that. Like @Peasy said, it's like Kunitz. You can't help but assume the numbers are inflated by a megastar linemate, because they are.

Reactions: sayonara

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I loved Zach when he was a Leaf. I wanted to keep him.

I'm glad he's having so much success with Edmonton. He deserves it. He's seriously underrated based on the chatter on HF. He might not be a 50 goal threat every year. But he'll give top effort, you can be sure of that.

He does get overlooked a bit playing with McDavid. Nothing wrong with that. Like @Peasy said, it's like Kunitz. You can't help but assume the numbers are inflated by a megastar linemate, because they are.
I remember people used to say that about Burrows when he played with the Sedins.
Years later the Sedins said he also helped them reached their full potential.

Im not saying McDavid wouldn't score 100+ points without Hyman, but Hyman sure makes it easier for McDavid to do it.

2 way street

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
He’d be a solid player on any line, but he’s one of those guys that does the little things that compliments the great ones so well. He’d be just a middle six winger without McDavid, while Mcdavid would still be an the elite 1C, but he certainly helps McDavid shine as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was never given top PP in Toronto. His last 5 seasons have been fairly similar production wise, its just that the past two hes now pacing for 25+ PPP instead of like 5 on the year.
He still has 28 Even strength goals this year. That is a lot more than his total goals ever in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad