So, what's going on with McCarron..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

We do not have a player like this on the Habs roster right now.

Sure, Gallagher does this but he is a tad smaller.

Some folks need to drop the agendas and be thankful that Bergevin recognized a huge need for the Habs moving forward.

PricePkPatch*

Some folks need to drop the agendas and be thankful that Bergevin recognized a huge need for the Habs moving forward.

I saw what you did there :naughty:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Big players , who can't skate, are a pressing need in Montreal?
;)

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, Habs, and your comparison to Kilger before made me think you did think highly of McCaron's skating. Kilger was fast.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, Habs, and your comparison to Kilger before made me think you did think highly of McCaron's skating. Kilger was fast.

I guess my ;) 'Smilie' was missed by the majority here....

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Indeed. People, myself included, jumped all over you for it.

How do you like McCarron, anyway?

I'm a believer in the kid, he's still raw, and you can't teach size . I worry a bit about his hockey sense though... would you agree? He relies a lot on his size?

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'm a believer in the kid, he's still raw, and you can't teach size . I worry a bit about his hockey sense though... would you agree? He relies a lot on his size?

I think his passing is always surprising as is his defensive game.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site

Haven't seen enough. Haven't questioned his hockey sense though in the small amounts that I've seen. Seems to be pretty decent on that front. He isn't caught chasing the play too much, or reacting to the play rather than anticipating -- sure tells of athleticism and/or size compensating for hockey sense.

Take another beast of an athlete that Montreal had as a prospect: Komisarek.

I watched him a lot in camp. He was, contrary to popular opinion, pretty talented. In drills, he'd be high end in a camp with Plekanec, Balej, et al. He wasn't a slouch even compared to those offensive talents. But he didn't anticipate well. And he wasn't as quick. So he developed in the pros by handling the puck poorly when, in practice, he was above average. It was hockey sense + injuries slowing him down that did Komisarek in. He really was that good, insofar as his all-around toolbox, to be a top pairing defenseman.

McCarron's raw in a similar way, but he uses his size a bit better to give himself time with the puck. Komisarek didn't use his size. Even Subban, who's a fair bit smaller, uses his size significantly better than Komisarek did. Strange to be comparing defensemen with fwds, but Komisarek's a decent comparable given their respective sizes, athleticism, coming up through US ranks, etc.

Overall, pretty optimistic on the pick. Think he can be an impact player -- not front-liner, but important contributor.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Haven't seen enough. Haven't questioned his hockey sense though in the small amounts that I've seen. Seems to be pretty decent on that front. He isn't caught chasing the play too much, or reacting to the play rather than anticipating -- sure tells of athleticism and/or size compensating for hockey sense.

Take another beast of an athlete that Montreal had as a prospect: Komisarek.

I watched him a lot in camp. He was, contrary to popular opinion, pretty talented. In drills, he'd be high end in a camp with Plekanec, Balej, et al. He wasn't a slouch even compared to those offensive talents. But he didn't anticipate well. And he wasn't as quick. So he developed in the pros by handling the puck poorly when, in practice, he was above average. It was hockey sense + injuries slowing him down that did Komisarek in. He really was that good, insofar as his all-around toolbox, to be a top pairing defenseman.

McCarron's raw in a similar way, but he uses his size a bit better to give himself time with the puck. Komisarek didn't use his size. Even Subban, who's a fair bit smaller, uses his size significantly better than Komisarek did. Strange to be comparing defensemen with fwds, but Komisarek's a decent comparable given their respective sizes, athleticism, coming up through US ranks, etc.

Overall, pretty optimistic on the pick. Think he can be an impact player -- not front-liner, but important contributor.
Komisarek was a big disappointment, considering how well he played at UMich,

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
Just saw this:
@MitchLBrown: #Habs Michael McCarron with 1G 2A 3P. In 4 games with the Knights, McCarron has 2G 3A 5P. He has been physically dominant, too.

Keep it up big man! :D

Last edited:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Just saw this:
@MitchLBrown: #Habs Michael McCarron with 1G 2A 3P. In 4 games with the Knights, McCarron has 2G 3A 5P. He has been physically dominant, too.

Keep it up big man! :D

Thanks for the update!!

Go Big Mike!!

PricePkPatch*

I am a McCarron fan, but let's not get too excited, he got the second assist on both points in that game.

Deserved second assist? He fought battles, managed to keep possession? or fluke second assist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad