So, what's going on with McCarron..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
1.5 points per game to be legit is what one poster stated with authority.

That's Yakupov territory. And how is Nail doing in the NHL?

24 points in 63 games last season.

Landeskog had 66 points in 53 games in the OHL. Only a 1.2 PPG. Had 65 points in 81 games last season.

Just because a player had X amount of points in Juniors does not predict how successful they will be in the NHL.

FanHabtic*

1.5 points per game to be legit is what one poster stated with authority.

That's Yakupov territory. And how is Nail doing in the NHL?

24 points in 63 games last season.

Landeskog had 66 points in 53 games. Only a 1.2 PPG. Had 65 points in 81 games last season.

Just because a player had X amount of points in Juniors does not predict how successful they will be in the NHL.

When it comes to big talented players, it tskes time for them to develop coordination, balance and skating. I'm less concerned about points - better to focus on their game. Is he cycling effectively? Is he using his body to gain position in front of the net. Is he driving the play and skating effectively?

It takes time for big guys to develop skill and coordination. Mccarron is a project and patience is required. Those who ate fixated on points alone are narrowminded.

So with points aside, how does he look?

68*

#OttawaStrong @Patrick_Fadel
@MacAttackUSA93 @JacobdelaRose #Bromance
Retweeted by Michael McCarron
Expand
7m
Jacob de la Rose @JacobdelaRose
@MacAttackUSA93 come see u soon bud!
Expand
8m
Michael McCarron @MacAttackUSA93
@JacobdelaRose miss you
Expand
8m
Jacob de la Rose @JacobdelaRose
@MacAttackUSA93 Atta boy
Expand
9m
Michael McCarron @MacAttackUSA93
What a weekend for the boys #sweep
Dat bromance.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Even putting up points in the OHL i don't think he'll ever end up more than a good 3rd liner since he doesn't have a great shot or passing ability.

How much have you watched him play?

I find his puck distribution ability to be pretty decent and I think he could produce points at the NHL level because he can pass the puck and get in front of the net and pick up some garbage goals.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Of I'm not mistaken, 9 points in 3 weekend games.... Macbust for sure.

Anyone who doesn't see great promise here is beyond my personal understanding.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Of I'm not mistaken, 9 points in 3 weekend games.... Macbust for sure.

Anyone who doesn't see great promise here is beyond my personal understanding.

In the last two weeks I've seen two comments about McCarron being a bad skater. Some people just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
So he's now 11pts in 6 games. Close to 2ppg

Fantastic. A lot of this is his attitude and willingness to do what it takes to get better. It looks like he is much better conditioned this year. The turnaround of the team with him on it speaks volumes.

These young players are a movie, not a snapshot, and in Mac's case, he appears to be coachable and growing as a player. If on top of all that, he could also improve his shot and his confidence in it, he would be formidable. Looks like he has the work ethic to do it.

If this improvement continues, I have to give props to Grant, because his voice was a minority (in fact, strongly contrarian) in touting this player from the draft to this point.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
New thread soon for McCarron. This one should be more on target as a general Player discussion thread as opposed to a "what's going on with McCarron" thread.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Good for you Big Mac :D

never hated on him ever :D

need a player like this in the system

even if he tops out as only a 3rd liner, thats still makes our 3rd line amazing

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Good for you Big Mac :D

never hated on him ever :D

need a player like this in the system

even if he tops out as only a 3rd liner, thats still makes our 3rd line amazing

Absolutely. Anyone who says they shouldn't have gambled on him in the first round doesn't get what he could be if the total package comes together. If he plays like he did in pre-season and like he has to start the year in London while putting up 30 points in the NHL, no one should be complaining, that's an asset on any team. If he puts up 50 points a year, he's the envy of every other team in the NHL.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wasn't a fan of him pre-draft, would not have been my pick, I didn't think he had anything but size and wouldn't cut it in the NHL... My pick was JDL ,which we got anyway...But as soon as I saw McCarron live I changed my mind he is more than able to keep up might not be a real top 6 but he will be able to step up from the 3rd line to change things up. I rather draft a top line player in the 1st round but I rather have a possible 2nd line guy that make the NHL than a 1st line player that never makes it... You can't miss in the first 2 rounds because it will be hard to pull rabbit out of the hat after that. past the first 2 round you have to go will skills guy that have been past over. If Mtl mess up in the 2013 draft it was in the 3rd round taking guys like Crips and Ghetto both will likely be AHLer passing on Anthony Duclair, Bogdan Yakimov, Anton Slepyshev, Pavel Buchnevich, Hudson Fasching...

McCarron should play in the NHLin 2 years, It wasn't a popular pick might not turn out to be the best pick but it surely would be the worst.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I wasn't a fan of him pre-draft, would not have been my pick, I didn't think he had anything but size and wouldn't cut it in the NHL... My pick was JDL ,which we got anyway...But as soon as I saw McCarron live I changed my mind he is more than able to keep up might not be a real top 6 but he will be able to step up from the 3rd line to change things up. I rather draft a top line player in the 1st round but I rather have a possible 2nd line guy that make the NHL than a 1st line player that never makes it... You can't miss in the first 2 rounds because it will be hard to pull rabbit out of the hat after that. past the first 2 round you have to go will skills guy that have been past over. If Mtl mess up in the 2013 draft it was in the 3rd round taking guys like Crips and Ghetto both will likely be AHLer passing on Anthony Duclair, Bogdan Yakimov, Anton Slepyshev, Pavel Buchnevich, Hudson Fasching...

Allow me to doubt that for a second here. I don't remember ANYBODY having De La Rose as a potential pick at the #26 spot. Fucale sure, but not DLR.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Allow me to doubt that for a second here. I don't remember ANYBODY having De La Rose as a potential pick at the #26 spot. Fucale sure, but not DLR.

He was seen as a top 15 pick going into that season, and was a consensus top 30 pick on many draft boards available online.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
We're 7-1, playing great and our top prospects are all lighting it up. What is there left to talk about? If it stays that way it will get boring here :sarcasm:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
In a couple years the usual suspects might have to drop the nonsense that Timmins is "weak" at first round selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad