Post-Game Talk: So much bad

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Glad I checked out early but gotta say, Skinner being given the starter position (out of desperation) is ultimately going to be detrimental to his development and obviously to the team's success.

Team has been screwed with subpar goaltending for years and I don't see any real fix coming. Maybe it'll be Rodrigue but I doubt it
That was his 41st game of the season already. He, could be a starter maybe in a 1A/1B situation but he is being forced into a full time heavy use starter role which heavily exposes him to the league, doesn’t give him time off to work on issues and just has him getting exposed by teams super easily. And because we don’t have a backup or a tandem goalie to push him or even threaten to take starts away, like shit.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Back to the future.
This is the exact same version of the team we watched in November.
This time with a different coach.

Good luck to Knoblauch. Now he gets to experience what Woody/McLellan et al had to deal with.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Back to the futre.
This is the exact same version of the team we watched in November.
This time with a different coach.

Good luck to Knoblauch. Now he gets to experience what Woody had to deal with.
Honeymoon is over.

Reactions: guymez

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Individually, these games don't really matter. A lot of the top teams have been struggling.

I just don't think we can win with Skinner. Other teams are going to have good players too. Unfortunately guys like MacKinnon, Eichel, Miller etc are going to be on the ice against the Ceci's and Kulaks of the world at times. We need saves.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The coach isn’t the problem. What’s becoming clear is that our leadership group are coach killers, and are unwilling to play the way they need to play to win for more than a few games at a time. Being good offensive players doesn’t automatically make you a good leader.
I agree with this.

The players are the biggest issues

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
10 straight games of .800 or worse Goaltending does that to you.

No team has good structure when they don't trust their Goaltender to make saves.

Which btw, one more bad have from Skinner and his sv% on the year will be below .900 again.
It’s a vicious circle. The entire team is playing like ass.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nurse and Ceci have been dreadful. Haven't even seen Nurse being physical or standing up for his teammates much either... 9.25 million lol
Yup.
Nurse just makes so many stupid decisions with and without the puck.
Plenty to choose from in this game as well.
When your highest paid dman rarely plays up to the level of his contract thats a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad