Post-Game Talk: So much bad

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Still pretty convinced McDavid continues to house an injury that is impacting his shooting form. So it either hurts when he's trying to shoot or something is off. Oblique injury?
It's either this or some other chronic problem. The time passage is a bit concerning on this

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m sorry but I hate the Knob.

Get fired up. Yell at someone. Throw something. Show some f***ing emotion for 2 seconds you’re on the biggest hockey stage.
It’s wild to me that we full on gave him a multi year contract after 0 NHL experience as coach. Give him and Coffey credit for helping adjust the dplay for a while but this team looks just as bad as they did at the start of the year and the coaching staff is making some baffling ducking decisions now.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Is McDavid not shooting as much because he wants to hit 100 assists (something only a few players have ever done)?

I've heard a lot of talk that he doesn't care about the points this year, he cares about winning. Gunning for 100 assists and not taking the shots that are there seems a bit selfish to me. I don't know this is the case, I'm just throwing it out there.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Still pretty convinced McDavid continues to house an injury that is impacting his shooting form. So it either hurts when he's trying to shoot or something is off. Oblique injury?
You stole my post (no problem though). He might be over-passing because he can't really shoot. Those rib injuries have a habit of coming back.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
We’re back to giving up tons of open looks. Our defensive zone coverage is a mess right now.

10 straight games of .800 or worse Goaltending does that to you.

No team has good structure when they don't trust their Goaltender to make saves.

Which btw, one more bad have from Skinner and his sv% on the year will be below .900 again.

Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Glad I checked out early but gotta say, Skinner being given the starter position (out of desperation) is ultimately going to be detrimental to his development and obviously to the team's success.

Team has been screwed with subpar goaltending for years and I don't see any real fix coming. Maybe it'll be Rodrigue but I doubt it

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Looking at the schedule, I don’t think we make the playoffs unless if there is a massive addition or two at the deadline.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Honest question, aside from the needs of the team, does this team/core have the mental fortitude to win when it gets tough?

Or do we need 4 coaches that rotate every 20 games to get results?

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Systems win in life.

When you do something over and over again and do it similar, you will be productive, efficient, and you will be successful.

People buy very expensive franchise restaurants b/c they all come with a system. If you follow that system, you will make a lot of $$ for yourself and the restaurant.

people run a nice tidy and efficient household b/c they have a system and people know their roles

Edmonton does not follow any sort of system. I think in 8 years here, they might have played 40 solid defensive games in total.

You can go get A #1 dman right now. Saros right now. AND a solid 3C.

It will not matter if this is how they keep playing

There is no will/no want/no hunger.

Every guy has to outrace the opponent to pucks on the wall, hustle back, etc.

Youw atch other teams and their guys ar elike robots and just go to their spot for a breakout. Here we just fire pucks blindly.

McDavid basically just gave up on that first play. It was Connor Brown horrible.

I feel sorry for the fans who pay to watch that garbage. I don't feel sorry for the players.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
This team seems way to inconsistent to actually make a deep run. I doubt a trade deadline will do anything. Toilet seat oilers era I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad