So... how do you spend YOUR Trade Deadline Day? - 2016 Edition

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I booked the day off along with some buddies as per tradition. I'll be watching TSN.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I'll monitor twitter for the occasional trade but I don't expect anything exciting this year - I'm fully aware that there's a cap at this point of the CBA and will not be fooled again year after year.

Iceguy24

Feb 3, 2009
Newmarket, ON
I'll be at work but will have one eye on my twitter feed.

Our dog will also be watching TSN Tradecentre intently (she a big hockey fan too)!

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
In office at 8:30, I'm in my car from 10 am running work errands.. at 1 I meet a "client" for "lunch" we drink to 3:30 in front of a tv in a bar. 3:30-4:30 sleep it off in a parking lot. 4:30 - drive home.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I will be sick again this year.....as per usual. :laugh:

I turn on the TV make a coffee and watch TV. Every time a good player is traded to another team, I wonder what the hell we are doing.

Burke drove me crazy by not moving players when it was obvious that we were not going to be played much longer that season.

Lets hope that we make many deals at the deadline this year....lots of draft picks please!

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Used to take the day off and watch all day. Last year I just checked my phone for updates. Just doesn't have the same appeal that it used to.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Just another day. Lots of life happening outside of trade deadline day. Its not like the day holds the same importance as the birth of your son or daughter or anything, but reading these posts you'd think it actually is ;) Jokes aside, life goes on as usual. Find out about the day's events whenever I find out about them.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Work from home, so I listen to the radio as usual, and move quickly to the computer as events dictate. Probably in front of computer from noon onward.

Will prepare nicer than usual snacks for myself for all eventualities - boredom, elation, or disappointment.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
spend it the same as every other day. Writing lewd poetry and working on my kung-fu.

Leafsbeast*

I book the day off. Then, invite friends over. About 6. Then we eat wings and drink beer all day until the TDL is over. We yap hockey all day. No wives allowed, except for Caroline, who knows her hockey and is a hockey coach.

Fun day, and we also have Superbowl dip too.

I like the anticipation leading up to TDL and the talk afterwards.

I need a life. My roommate has a wife, my friends have wives....I have a divorce. Wait a second...I think I may be happier than them. All good.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
I book the day off. Then, invite friends over. About 6. Then we eat wings and drink beer all day until the TDL is over. We yap hockey all day. No wives allowed, except for Caroline, who knows her hockey and is a hockey coach.

Fun day, and we also have Superbowl dip too.

I like the anticipation leading up to TDL and the talk afterwards.

I need a life. My roommate has a wife, my friends have wives....I have a divorce. Wait a second...I think I may be happier than them. All good.
problem solved, caroline the hockey coach sounds perfect for you

I think you two have been dancing around the subject for long enough. This draft day I want you to finally take a chance. If you like I can email you some of my poetry to set the mood.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto

As a fellow divorce victim (and yeah, it's the correct term - ask my lawyer, the system favours women so bloody heavily), I feel you.

Hang on to your traditions. Ultimately, less drama and far less BS :handclap:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I am going to be stocking up on food for the day, also going to make sure I have lots of Soda then because I live in Alberta I will be awake from 6 am to about 4 watching the excitement unfold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad