OT: Snowflakes Club de foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
If we won the CCL and/or MLS cup in 2016/2017 (whichever year we were in the ECF) I'd say sure to a Nacho statue, but as it stands nah.

Reactions: JayKing

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Oh no, not Ballou, what could we ever do without him.
willy-wonka.gif

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It's a calculated risk with Wanyama not being protected but at the same time, I wouldn't be so upset to see him go. I find that tactically, with the offensive way the game is trending, his style is a dying breed, so if we could get rid of his salary (and I believe DP status) and replace him with a more dynamic, offensive midfielder, I wouldn't hate that at all.

I also think they were very worried that Waterman would get taken and having a guy like him on our team with the way he's developed is necessary.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Wanyama does feel a bit redundant in our mid field , when we've got cheeper options who can do the DM thing at the MLS level decent enough. I'd be okay spending that money on another position, if we actually have some promising leads somewhere. It would have to be someone good though, comparable to Wanyama. You don't want to just lose him for no reason.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It's a calculated risk with Wanyama not being protected but at the same time, I wouldn't be so upset to see him go. I find that tactically, with the offensive way the game is trending, his style is a dying breed, so if we could get rid of his salary (and I believe DP status) and replace him with a more dynamic, offensive midfielder, I wouldn't hate that at all.

I also think they were very worried that Waterman would get taken and having a guy like him on our team with the way he's developed is necessary.

Yeah I think Renard and Vassili figured that Wanyama with his salary, DP status and International status, won't be attractive for other teams. For Thorkelsson, I doubt teams will claim a guy who has never played a minute in MLS and is so young, given he also takes an international spot.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
After Lindelof on Saturday, here is another case of coincidence

Aguero will officially announce his retirement tomorrow. Crazy how the climate change, stress and coincidence have sabotaged all these footballers

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah I think Renard and Vassili figured that Wanyama with his salary, DP status and International status, won't be attractive for other teams. For Thorkelsson, I doubt teams will claim a guy who has never played a minute in MLS and is so young, given he also takes an international spot.

Charlotte is the only expansion team this year, right?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Wanyama does feel a bit redundant in our mid field , when we've got cheeper options who can do the DM thing at the MLS level decent enough. I'd be okay spending that money on another position, if we actually have some promising leads somewhere. It would have to be someone good though, comparable to Wanyama. You don't want to just lose him for no reason.
Wanyama is not really a DM per se but rather a possession player who is a big part of the offensive build.

Piette is a DM.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Wanyama is underrated. If we lose him it creates a big hole on our roster. He can be replaced for cheaper, but it's not a given. There are not many midfielders of his quality in the MLS.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Wanyama is not really a DM per se but rather a possession player who is a big part of the offensive build.

Piette is a DM.
I'd say he's ''mostly'' a DM. His possession game is pretty good and he can play fairly high up the pitch if you ask him to but I'd argue it's not his comfort zone. It can be a pretty thin line though.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Piette is a DM.

They're both DMs. Wanyama is just stronger (overall) and better with the ball at his feet. Piette's workrate is probably a bit better and he's really great at winning balls.

Wanyama is underrated. If we lose him it creates a big hole on our roster. He can be replaced for cheaper, but it's not a given. There are not many midfielders of his quality in the MLS.

Especially since we're thin at the CM position with Maciel leaving.

We only have Piette at DM though..

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
anybody watch the MLS Expansion draft ?
first pick :Mckenzie Gaines
second pick Antone Walkes
third pick Joseph Mora
fouth pick tristan Blackmon

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If they keep trading their picks for good money, it means they have multiple splash arrivals incoming like...

It just smells Charlotte but I hope its Montreal.

Back to Expansion draft, I understand the low risk of getting someone as expensive as Wanyama selected but you can't afford to play that game especially when your squad is eh. It's not the end of the world but let's keep it a 100, Who in their right mind will draft Joaquin Torres, Bassong, Potato and Lassi? INT, no to little value.

Lets not be naive next time, even Toronto protected Altidore who may be on his way out, because he has value. I count only 6-7 worthy of protecting anyway

Elsewhere, Don't be surprised if you see Lacazette to an MLS team in a couple of weeks. Just a pure guess...

As for Charlotte, they should try making one of Aubamayeng/Kramaric their marquee signing. Would boost the league viewership overall.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
And I was thinking about this the other day, since everyone likes Renard so much for unknown reasons and gazes over his French vocabulary why not promote him and make him the new President?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad