OT: Snowflakes Club de foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yep I can confidently say Camacho and Insigne will play in Toronto.

Altidore is more than likely going to Besiktas for free and Ayo Akinola received a serious offer from Vancouver. Perhaps TAM/DP $ similar to Djordje

Kramaric is rumored with various MLS clubs. I bet Chicago is one of them. He's still one of the best pure #9 in the world. That would be insane and just 30 yo

Last edited:

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
Yep I can confidently say Camacho and Insigne will play in Toronto.

Altidore is more than likely going to Besiktas for free and Ayo Akinola received a serious offer from Vancouver. Perhaps TAM/DP $ similar to Djordje

Kramaric is rumored with various MLS clubs. I bet Chicago is one of them. He's still one of the best pure #9 in the world. That would be insane and just 30 yo

Insigne will sign with TFC to play with his childhood hero in Camacho.:sarcasm:

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Insigne will sign with TFC to play with his childhood hero in Camacho.:sarcasm:

The man the myth the legend himself Rudy Camacho-togoal.

Insigne should pay hommage and give up his DP slot

Lletget is probably the most underrated and overrated player in all MLS. If you barely seen him play you don't know what to think of him.

This is too surreal :laugh:

Revs fan are mad as hell but 150k for a proven player is super low. We could've made a move too. NE will probably be the most active team in the Eastern conference.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
After Aguero a few weeks ago.

Lindelof rarely missed games due to injuries. I hope he won't need to retire as well....

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I was a neutral (more leaning to Portland) watching that final but seeing the support behind NYCFC all the way from NY made me like the outcome.

Sean Johnson was a monster, NYC were super well organized defensively and Portland should've played Chara as False #9. Felipe Mora is horrible and lacks way too much composure. Also, Santiago Moreno will be a big player in this league in no time. Wouldn't surprise me to see him make the final 23/26 World Cup squad next year if he has a breakthrough '22 season.

Not to be that guy, but after last night the tally of teams that joined the league after us is now at 2. I'm gonna wait at least after this winter to make a bold prediction for next cup's winner but I think Philly and Orlando are fastly on their way for their 1st star way before us.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
It was time. Sadly, Cheaputo will never build his statue.

Unpopular opinion, despite being our best player ever and a huge part of our history, he doesn't deserve a statue. (and neither do Bernier, Di Vaio, Nick De Santis or Biello).

To have a statue, you have to at least have a major title + the historical pedigree with the club.

Reactions: willzyix

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Unpopular opinion, despite being our best player ever and a huge part of our history, he doesn't deserve a statue. (and neither do Bernier, Di Vaio, Nick De Santis or Biello).

To have a statue, you have to at least have a major title + the historical pedigree with the club.
I know it’s a common thing to judge the best players for collective achievements, but I don’t believe in that. It’s all marketing fodder. As for historical pedigree, I don’t know what’s to be expected in the context of MLS. If it’s not Piatti, it will be no one.

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
I know it’s a common thing to judge the best players for collective achievements, but I don’t believe in that. It’s all marketing fodder. As for historical pedigree, I don’t know what’s to be expected in the context of MLS. If it’s not Piatti, it will be no one.

No one yet*.

Bjorn Johnsen 6x League MVP incoming. Although Saputo would probably prefer if we had the statue of a 5'5 player to make.

I do wonder how to best honor our best players tho. It's not like hockey when you can retire a number. Maybe engrave names on the bell?

Reactions: willzyix

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Portland Timbers and the New York City FC are the role models to follow concerning INT spots. Look at them closely. Less busts. More booms. Successful strategies. Top-level scouts department.

We'll keep doing the same errors until we're going in full bankruptcy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad