OT: Snow Snow Snow...

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
This storm is the worst I can remember in many years maybe since 96. Literally snowing for 30 straight hours

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not to scare anyone...but yes, there is POTENTIALLY another Winter Storm on it's way for Super Bowl Sunday. Way too early to start talking numbers, but it would be highly unlikely drop another 2 feet. But still a threat for lot of snow...

Reactions: Bluenote13

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Thats exactly what I said before. Brings the 96' storm back. This has to be top 3 worst that I can remember (Im 41)

i think that week after christmas back around 2010? was the worst i can remember. It was like three storms in a week with 3 ft of snow.

my girlfriend (now wife) just moved in with me a couple months prior and we were in a rough patch. I was happy to have a weeklong furlough from work so i couls have alone time and play some video games and such. Then it snowed, and snowed. And we were both stuck in the apartment together for the week.

but yeah 96 was also epic

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Got through yesterday ok. Did my house and my mothers. Total of about 4 hours between the shoveling and the snowblower. Went out 2 times. Afternoon and evening.

Today sucked. Overnight it dumped another foot or so. Then some rain. So the snow was too heavy for the snow blower. Spent 5 hours shoveling out wet heavy snow. Im walking around like im 90 yrs old now.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
It’s still snowing by me after I just got in from shoveling. It eased up for a few hours now it’s snowing again and sticking. Hate this storm

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I just got done for the 3rd time. I would estimate we had another 5 inches of accumulation and it was a bit wet. I also discovered my snow blower, a 16 year old Plow King had a flat tire. I am not sure when that happened. However, it didn't stop it from pushing through. A few years ago I switched to tube wheels, composite wheels and a beefier tire just in case a flat were to happen. I also had the motor tuned, turned all the way up and put a paddle kit in that goes through EVERY THING.

The only downside is I don't have reverse or power steering. I live on a hill and lugging it up the hill is killing me. I just added an auxiliary parking pad on my property that could enable me to buy a tractor with a plow and have a place to park it. It is on the table.

I didn't even do my steps. I am leaving a note on my door big enough to read from the street for all deliveries to be left under my steps by my garage,

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I just got done for the 3rd time. I would estimate we had another 5 inches of accumulation and it was a bit wet. I also discovered my snow blower, a 16 year old Plow King had a flat tire. I am not sure when that happened. However, it didn't stop it from pushing through. A few years ago I switched to tube wheels, composite wheels and a beefier tire just in case a flat were to happen. I also had the motor tuned, turned all the way up and put a paddle kit in that goes through EVERY THING.

The only downside is I don't have reverse or power steering. I live on a hill and lugging it up the hill is killing me. I just added an auxiliary parking pad on my property that could enable me to buy a tractor with a plow and have a place to park it. It is on the table.

I didn't even do my steps. I am leaving a note on my door big enough to read from the street for all deliveries to be left under my steps by my garage,
. Yeah I can relate. I went out twice yesterday otherwise I would have never gotten done. I literally shoveled all day thankfully I was off from work today.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This storm is the worst I can remember in many years maybe since 96. Literally snowing for 30 straight hours

This is nowhere near as bad as the massive coastal snowstorms in I believe 2010 or so (forget the date). I remember having a 30” storm and then a second 20+” storm a few days later. And then another 30” storm a few months down the road.

Monmouth County area. Just trying to rennet the date. Living through that was a nightmare. I remember head-height snow drifts!

Reactions: I Eat Crow

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
This is nowhere near as bad as the massive coastal snowstorms in I believe 2010 or so (forget the date). I remember having a 30” storm and then a second 20+” storm a few days later. And then another 30” storm a few months down the road.

Monmouth County area. Just trying to rennet the date. Living through that was a nightmare. I remember head-height snow drifts!
Yes 2010 had a couple bad ones back to back within a week or so. However just for one storm this was like 96 for me

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Got about 16-18 inches here in central NJ depending on where measurements were taken. Snowblower died last storm in December and haven't gotten it fixed. Go me.

Two shifts of two hours shoveling last night. Two hours this morning. Another hour tonight cleaning up the extra three inches that fell during the day. And I had to work today. f*** me.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Yeah I’m around your age and I remember the 93 storm was bad although it was in March. But this one is definitely exactly like the 96 storm
How much worse was this one than the one in December? I think we got a bit more this time but some places upstate got 40+ inches.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
How much worse was this one than the one in December? I think we got a bit more this time but some places upstate got 40+ inches

Oh at least double at least where I am. The December storm was bad but I got about 10-11 inches. This time I got probably 22-23 inches and it went on for 2 days straight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad