WWE: Smackdown Live 21 - The Shane O'Mac Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Because not everything is announced beforehand. In fact, it rarely is even in WWE these days when it comes to TV programming rather than simply their standard PPV-special announcing. Some things should be announced beforehand and hyped up as much as possible even if it's on free TV. A standard returning wrestler will get the surprise treatment quite regularly and often times it's spoiled anyway. Daniel Bryan shouldn't be treated as a standard returning wrestler. He's quite possibly the most popular wrestler of his generation and he is a fixture on the programming already with his role. Having him ignore something like that especially when Meltzer was digging and getting somewhere with it is not going to be the most effective way to go. This story was getting out and there wasn't any avoiding it. Their likely best option was to announce it, hype the show, pop a rating, and build hype for his eventual return match. But I can guarantee you that many people watched Smackdown because his clearing was announced beforehand and I'm sure plenty will stay seeing what they did with it and where it's probably headed. I won't be watching Raw live tonight because it doesn't interest me. Smackdown tomorrow I will probably watch on West Coast time when I haven't done it in a very long time. It's because of DB.

Didn't we have an on going joke here on HF about Tom Phillips literally announcing everything before it happened? :laugh: And they stuff they DON'T announce beforehand, I find enjoyable. Like the Hardy Boyz return.

At this point its just agree to disagree to on how they handled his return. I didn't like it, at all. It seemed very rushed and not done well at all to me. Also, not the least bit creative. Anyway, I have stated before that I am glad others enjoyed it though, and of course I am happy to have DB back.

But for me, I am seriously out. Maybe its because I am away for work and wont be watching WM, but I have/had zero interest in all these builds to the PPV.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Didn't we have an on going joke here on HF about Tom Phillips literally announcing everything before it happened? :laugh: And they stuff they DON'T announce beforehand, I find enjoyable. Like the Hardy Boyz return.

At this point its just agree to disagree to on how they handled his return. I didn't like it, at all. It seemed very rushed and not done well at all to me. Also, not the least bit creative. Anyway, I have stated before that I am glad others enjoyed it though, and of course I am happy to have DB back.

But for me, I am seriously out. Maybe its because I am away for work and wont be watching WM, but I have/had zero interest in all these builds to the PPV.

Just because people joke about it doesn't mean that it's applicable to every situation. The Hardy Boyz return was done exceptionally well but they also don't need to be announced as a return because they weren't main event guys nor were they already part of the program as it was AND have what Bryan had with him which was a story that was about to break rather than just be rumors. This simply wasn't something they could hold back and surprise anyone with so they did the best thing available to them which was what they did. I don't defend WWE very often but they did the best they could for this situation.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Anything with Roode, Orton and Mahal is instantly in the running for worst segment of the year. It's only real competition is the previous Roode, Orton and Mahal segment.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I can't believe they have given Rusev nothing to do all mania season. What incentive does the roster have to get over? None.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Wow! The ref actually caught someone cheating by putting their feet up on the ropes... That's refreshing!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Shins English is coming along very well. He's never sounded as coherent as he did in that segment
He's fine at English. I don't know why they've had him talk the way he has since being called up (or have him talk with his mouth guard in, whatever it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad