GDT: Slugs at Canes

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
You say he's a better passer, with better vision, but why? To me, he's seemed like a shoot first guy, who's second option is to skate a little bit until he can shoot. He reminds me a bit of Skinner offensively, where you might as well go to the net once he gets the puck. And there's nothing wrong with that at even strength. I hope he keeps firing. But I've yet to think 'wow, he makes a lot of good passes'. Just anecdotal, but it's not like he's filling up his stat line with assists either.

As for PP2 getting more minutes:

Since the Turnaround (Dec 31st)
PP1 in 90 minutes has 16 goals (TT, Aho, JW, NN, JF) (really good)
PP2 in 50 minutes has 4 total. (not good)

The shot totals are predictably lopsided as well. 2nd PP has 34 shots in 50 minutes. Compared with the 93 shots from PP1. Almost triple the shots in less than double the minutes.
He can be both a good passer and still have a shoot first mentality. When the shot isn't there he has made the better seam passes than almost any of our blueliners. The slap pass that set up Ferland in our win against Ottawa comes to mind. Once in the zone, he thinks like an offensive threat....both to score and to help others to score.

Yeah, and what bleed said....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad