Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
He has the option of going to other USHL or NAHL camps and competing for a roster spot.

He was not drafted in the NAHL this year.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Now it is a 4-year rule. 2008,2012 and 2016. What about 2020?

After both 2008 and 2012 failures you had pretty good years with players like Tatar, Panik, Dano or Cehlarik selected. Considering next draft class will have a very solid generation with Ruzicka, Bodak or Bucek, I could see a ''comeback'' year once again. I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to get 5+ draftees next year.

As for the 2016 draft... :help: I expected it much better for both Czechs and Slovaks. The way it went is just terrible.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
SR18 had a more interesting than usual Ivan Hlinka tournament. At least the start and the end.

Their tournament began with a near shocking result, as the team pulled their goalie for the extra attacker and scored to force their game versus Canada to overtime.

Their tournament ended with their first Ivan Hlinka tournament victory in seven years, doubling Switzerland 6-3. Ruzicka had two goals and two helpers.

Milos Roman was 0+5 for the tournament, and Krivosik was 4+1.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
i wanted more. After the close result with Canada it should be a better result vs Sweden or Russia. To defeat Swiss is ok, but when they should make a big U18 WCH, they should beat one of the big six.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Given the current state of Slovak Hockey is it not a little aggressive to wish for a win vs. big 6? In the U17 tournament in Dallas Slovakia got beaten by Switzerland 6-1.

I am not Slovak but... this year's U18 team (1999) is very good by their standards, in the Ivan Hlinka Cup they played very competetive against Canada, Sweden or Russia (the results are quite cruel actually) so I think it's a fair wish. That team includes Ruzicka, Hrehorcak, Krivosik, Roman or Feheravy, who all look like pretty good NHL prospects, so they have the individuals to surprise anyone. They also have a good coach.

As for the U17, I heard that the U17 team (2000) is very weak (much weaker than 1999).

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Adam Ružička has joined the Sarnia Sting of the OHL. With Czech forward Filip Helt joining the team also, they will be in a little bit of a jam if Pavel Zacha doesn't make the New Jersey Devils.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I was at Adam Ruzicka's second OHL pre-season game. He looks like he is adjusting well. His goal in the 5-3 Sarnia Sting victory give him 1 goal and 1 assists in his first two OHL pre-season games.:)

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
From the London Free Press, on Adam Ružička's OHL regular season debut tonight:

"Slovak import Adam Ruzicka looked good in his Sting debut, setting up Jaden Lindo, Kevin Spinozzi and Ryan McGregor for three assists in front of 3,050 at Progressive Auto Sales Arena."

"Ruzicka, who signed with Sarnia after the club selected him in this summer's CHL import draft, had the most impressive initial outing. “(Ruzicka) played well, that whole line played well,” Coach Hatcher said. “They dominated the game.”"

Ruzicka was 0+3/+2, 1 SOG, 56% on his faceoffs.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Samuel Solensky was added by Youngstown (USHL) after Cedar Rapids released him. Youngstown released Solensky at the roster deadline.

He is now playing for Johnstown of the NAHL

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I'd like to hear more about Mario Mucka. Big Winger (190cm/82kg), who has played just one game (according to EP) this year. He plays in WHL for Everett Silvertips.

He's player profile: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=275235

It was a big surprise seeing him drafted by a WHL team, but i heard some good things about him, now no info about why he hasnt played more games.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
The U17s championship that just happened in Switzerland had some surprising results, and good ones for what is touted as a very weak group of Slovak players. Did anyone have a chance to watch in person, and tell if any of those guys are actual draft contenders at this stage?

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Thanks, will take a look this weekend when I get the chance.

And on another note - one thing I've been wondering is what has happened to Krivosik? Does anyone have any info? Going from top scorer at Ivan Hlinka to terrible PPG in the Finnish league in one year is in my mind unprecedented. What's going on there? Anyone knows?

He had a slow start, but he was regularly playing about 15 minutes per game. Now he has 6 points in the last 8 games so hopefully, he will keep to going. He also had some practices with LeKi team (Mestis).

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
He had a slow start, but he was regularly playing about 15 minutes per game. Now he has 6 points in the last 8 games so hopefully, he will keep to going. He also had some practices with LeKi team (Mestis).

He's got a poijt per game if not better at this most recent u-18 tournament (Zuchwill) where the slovak team is actually putting up decent results (didn't watch the games just saw the results). I still don't fully understand how he can be this good in international games vs in the finnish league

EDIT: stats from the tournament here http://stats.iihf.com/sihf/64/IHM064000_85B_4_0.pdf
Krivosik got his points in last 2 games, with 3 points vs GER in the last game. Some of the other Slovak guys had a good showing too. I don't know how many out of Ruzicka, Bucek, Studenic, Bodak will make the U18s, but those guys + Roman and Fehervary could make for a decent showing / decent draft year this year

Last edited:

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Has anyone see Martin Fasko Rudas play this year? I see he is playing for the U18 national team.

He is a Cedar Rapids (USHL) affiliate.

Thanks in advance

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
He's got a poijt per game if not better at this most recent u-18 tournament (Zuchwill) where the slovak team is actually putting up decent results (didn't watch the games just saw the results). I still don't fully understand how he can be this good in international games vs in the finnish league

EDIT: stats from the tournament here http://stats.iihf.com/sihf/64/IHM064000_85B_4_0.pdf
Krivosik got his points in last 2 games, with 3 points vs GER in the last game. Some of the other Slovak guys had a good showing too. I don't know how many out of Ruzicka, Bucek, Studenic, Bodak will make the U18s, but those guys + Roman and Fehervary could make for a decent showing / decent draft year this year

Bucek, Studenic, Bodak are 98 born so they are already too old for U18 WJC

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
The failure of Finland this year might end up being very bad news for Slovakia next year. By my count, if Finland finishes 9th (highly likely) and Slovakia 8th (will happen unless we beat Sweden), we will end up in the same group with Finland next year together with the teams that finish 1st, 4th and 5th. Our only hope for having a playable group opponent next year is that Denmark finishes 5th (as long as there are no upsets, they should be 5th).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad